Anyone else sick of "money" and "hustlin" songs?

I'm sick of this. Its increased in the past year. Those songs were nice in time of "I'm Gettin' Money", but really, I'm tired of people from the south telling me to go sell drugs and buy a grill...can't they rap about something else?

Diaz

Kinda funny, yesterday I turned the radio on in an attempt to find something good and in the first 5 seconds I had it on, I heard the words "club" and "hustle". Needless to say I fuckin turned the shit off.

Diaz

HellRazor05 said:
Everybody's a hustler these days, it's the cool thing to do.
No shit? The sad thing is you got kids walking around with the words "HUSTLER" on their shirts and hats when they've never hustled a day in their life.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
EriMakaveli said:
Those songs were nice in time of "I'm Gettin' Money",
wow...
Diaz said:
first 5 seconds I had it on, I heard the words "club" and "hustle". Needless to say I fuckin turned the shit off.
whats funny is both of u are 15/16 years old

ARon

Please stop dissing shit. It gets so very annoying.

Why don't you promote music you think has concepts and good lyrics instead of takin the easy way out.

EDouble said:
wow...whats funny is both of u are 15/16 years old
and surprisingly is we don't walk around school singing, "gotta get paid, everyday im hustling, make money, gotta make dat cash rules everything around me," etc., which is more than I can say for 95% of my school.

whats sad about it is, Scarborough, my town, isn't bad, or ghetto, at all. they hear this hustling shit and they believe it. they think it applies to them. a few of the kids in my phys ed. class got arrested trying to stick up a corner store with a beebee gun, and the owner ended up getting stabbed by one of my friends. Mind you, I can honestly say the three out of five of the guys were not "gangsters" and were jokers. they were happy kids.
After they got booked and came back to school, I was in the change room with them and I said the thing that made the most sense to me, "why did you do it?"
the instigator, the "thug" of the group, said, "Gotta get paid, my nigga" (which was quite irritating because he is filipino, and I'm east african)
i replied, annoyed, "why don't you just get a fucking job".
they shut up. it was a way of getting money they have never thought about.

I would laugh at them, but it was actually sad. These songs are doing more than you guys think. Its ridiculous.
I honestly think they should go Delores Tucker on them all and, really, try to ban all these songs idolizing selling drugs. Kids are too too stupid these days. Anyone who works at or goes to a school will agree with me...These kids will do anything Rick Ross says.

EriMakaveli said:
and surprisingly is we don't walk around school singing, "gotta get paid, everyday im hustling, make money, gotta make dat cash rules everything around me," etc., which is more than I can say for 95% of my school.

whats sad about it is, Scarborough, my town, isn't bad, or ghetto, at all. they hear this hustling shit and they believe it. they think it applies to them. a few of the kids in my phys ed. class got arrested trying to stick up a corner store with a beebee gun, and the owner ended up getting stabbed by one of my friends. Mind you, I can honestly say the three out of five of the guys were not "gangsters" and were jokers. they were happy kids.
After they got booked and came back to school, I was in the change room with them and I said the thing that made the most sense to me, "why did you do it?"
the instigator, the "thug" of the group, said, "Gotta get paid, my nigga" (which was quite irritating because he is filipino, and I'm east african)
i replied, annoyed, "why don't you just get a fucking job".
they shut up. it was a way of getting money they have never thought about.

I would laugh at them, but it was actually sad. These songs are doing more than you guys think. Its ridiculous.
I honestly think they should go Delores Tucker on them all and, really, try to ban all these songs idolizing selling drugs. Kids are too too stupid these days. Anyone who works at or goes to a school will agree with me...These kids will do anything Rick Ross says.
I agree with some of what you're saying. But yeah, someone's gonna come in this thread and say "the same can be said about 2Pac ZOMG I'm sooo intelligent". I know it sucks but let it go.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Diaz said:
And Meyer is too I suppose?
everything else said can be argued; i quote for a reason

All I'm sayin is, its funny how that is. and youre the ones that put in quotation marks "club" like its some southern slang or some shit. it makes it seem like the only rap thats acceptable to u is rap that doesnt make it to the club. if youre gona talk about a certain style, of shit then dont generalize it to be about 'money' and 'hustlin'... like wtf? Whole lot of rap is about that. clubs? is this new shit?. why not just talk about the level of the lyrics and shit, the style of beats, and or the effect of certain shit if u think its like that or this. what exactly type of songs would u Rather hear?

p.s the quote about I'm Gettin Money is hilarious. obviously the diference between tupac and artists today is there but erimakaveli's the one sayin "songs about ''''money'''' and ''''hustlin''''' SICK OF IT" "people from the south". get specific with the shit or leave

Im up before the sun rise, first to hit the block
Little bad motherfucka with a pocket full of rocks

EDouble said:
everything else said can be argued; i quote for a reason

All I'm sayin is, its funny how that is. and youre the ones that put in quotation marks "club" like its some southern slang or some shit. it makes it seem like the only rap thats acceptable to u is rap that doesnt make it to the club. if youre gona talk about a certain style, of shit then dont generalize it to be about 'money' and 'hustlin'... like wtf? Whole lot of rap is about that. clubs? is this new shit?. why not just talk about the level of the lyrics and shit, the style of beats, and or the effect of certain shit if u think its like that or this. what exactly type of songs would u Rather hear?

p.s the quote about I'm Gettin Money is hilarious. obviously the diference between tupac and artists today is there but erimakaveli's the one sayin "songs about ''''money'''' and ''''hustlin''''' SICK OF IT" "people from the south". get specific with the shit or leave
You can't say it's because of my age, though. Judging by your past posts not only am I smarter than you, but just about everyone on this forum is.

Yes, I found that I'm Gettin Money thing dumb too, what I'm saying is I turned on the radio and those were the 2 words I heard, and those are of a few words I hear from every fuckin song on the radio. Rapping about hustling and the club doesn't bother me at all, but hearing it in every song does, that's why I don't listen to the radio. Now we can argue about this shit all day or you can be a good mod and close the thread.

linx

Staff member
Mannn, I agree with alot that has been said.. but bringing it up won't really help anything. I don't listen to radio music.. I can't stand it. I hate it with a passion to be totally honest. So I just don't listen to it. It's hard to avoid on TV, but not the radio. I don't like when people say that hip hop sucks now. It's just not true. I have a ridiculous hip hop music collection and it will never get old to me. There's plenty of good hip hop out there right now, you just gotta know where to look. Or ask around, do what you gotta do.

Diaz said:
Judging by your past posts not only am I smarter than you
Shut the fuck up kid,really shut the fuck up.Pretending you're smarter than next man makes you a weak individual.

As far as the topic goes,i dislike those types of songs.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.