A Dre Beat $$$

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kanye was selling his beats for $8K before his album dropped.
Try and get a beat of him now, unless you're signed to interscope, because he's contracted to them. Or you're friends with Jay-Z.

I don't really know what it costs, but I know how long it takes to make a beat.
And eversince I make'em all day long (hobby) I can tell that Dre's beat might be the shit, but they are kind of easy to do. I mean not for somebody like me, or even somebody like Kanye or Diddy, but easy for somebody like Dre himself. I think 1-2 Days intensive work, maybe 5 days if you work slow. But if you work for 300k you won't work slow...

i dont like to sound like an idiot or nothing but i read only 2 weeks ago in an entertainment magazine detailing Xibit's album that Dre charges 1million for a beat to people that he doesnt work for or isnt friends with. it may sound ridiculous but thats what Xhibit said. his words were something like "i feel honoured that dre think enough of me to make beats for me for free, where as other people he charges 1mill for just one beat, he gives it to me for free, that means a lot to me".

For anyone that's saying it only takes 1-2 days, if that, for Dre to make a beat I think you're being a bit presumptuous. I'm sure he could knock them out that quickly if he wanted to, but I bet that a lot of the time he won't be happy with it and spends a bit of time tweaking it. Just depends on the beat I'm guessing. Some he may be able to do in one go, say half a day, and others he might be working on for ages or leave and go back to them later.

As for the prices, from all the lil bits and pieces I've heard, $250,000 seems to be the price for his bigger beats. Although from some of the stuff that's been said in this thread, those in the Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit camp probably get them cheaper.

Duke

Staff member
Dre can pump out beats without a sweat i'm guessing. He's been doing this for yeeeeears, he knows how to make a tight beat. I think he could one , maybe even more, per day.

hey Maroc, how ya doin, vieze stinkende ouwe sok? :D

Production isn't just one process. It's a system involing arranging, performing and etc. It may take half a day to create the beat but what about after that? There's a lot of work to do.

Damn I didn't know it was that expensive to sell a beat. It's true they have to make some money but it's really out of line when you realize this. I wonder that's what happens when we live in a capitalistic society.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.