50 cent movie has bad start

The R rating is definitely a factor seeing as most of his fans are 16 or under.

I know the reason I didn't see it was because of Jarhead.

Jamie Foxx or Curtis Jackson?

I pick the Oscar winner.

HellRazor05 said:
I can't believe they had the nerve to compare it to Scarface in the commercials and it did this bad. 50 will never be Pacino.
lol you forget that Scarface made no money in it's theatrical run, and only became a hit when it went to video.
It became a cult classic, and is now regarded as one of the greatest movies ever made by many...

I saw Get Rich to, and it was pretty good...

I don't think it's cause 50 the movie isn't makin more money it's cus all the movies this year have done bad box office.. It's been a down year.

Mr. E-Nigma said:
lol you forget that Scarface made no money in it's theatrical run, and only became a hit when it went to video.
It became a cult classic, and is now regarded as one of the greatest movies ever made by many...
Most over-rated film ever, bar none, Pacino playing a gangster.... (unique).

Also if u think in terms of GRODT's genre, I mean theres no age or gender restrictions for films like, say, Men in Black, whereas a 50 Cent film in addition to its rating is only going to attract 16 - 25 year old males (generally) who are hip-hop fans rather than film fans first and foremost.
Added to the fact most of any money us lot have goes on dope etc.. Its unsurprising the film isn't doing as well as hyped.

people be getting shot, stabbed, and beat up because during "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" is playing cause you got some dumb bitch talking mad SHIT on 50 cent (like half this board) just because 50 cent is 50 cent.. period

linx

Staff member
two187pac said:
might be making a ton of money but not getting the best problicity. i read in philly someone was shot leaving the movie. last night here in providence rhode island there was 2 huge fights in the movie, the fights ended up being so big that the entire providence place mall was closed (3 floor mall over 2 football fields long with a 20 screen movie theater inside it) just another way for rap to get a bad name
Word, you live in Providence too? Same here. I heard about that fight shit, rofl. If I was there, forget about it. There was like 100 people involved in that bullshit though. That's nuts.

usualy id say its a coisedence being blown out of proportion since it has to do with rap , but the first two nights this movie was here there were big fights in the mall. the second fight was so bad that they shut the entire mall down. my f riend was there and said it was a miniriot. seems like a coisisence it happened two nights in a row.

the movie was good. It's not hard to see that it might make people violent though. I was about to flip when someone's cellphone went off. Just gives you a real aggressive attitude.

Rock

FrOgStRaDaMuS said:
the media is making it worse than it really is.. ppl fight at theatres alot.. violence happens everywhere.. the bad publicity around the movie B4 it even came out is the reason all of this is happenin... and ppl are just feeding into it and making blacks look like ignorant fucks... its great to be an american
I agree...

But the people that did get into the fight were ignorant anyhow for getting into a fight at a movie theater in the first place.

2pacnbiggie said:
he debuted number 4...how is that a bad start? jay z's fade to black wasnt even top 10

what does jay-z have to do with this? it's a bad start cause me and most everyone else was sure it would be #1 especially with all the pub it was getting. peace

warriorinjewelz said:
what does jay-z have to do with this? it's a bad start cause me and most everyone else was sure it would be #1 especially with all the pub it was getting. peace
just another example of a rapper (jay z) who actually did flop in theaters. He didnt even make the top 10...now THATS a flop. 50's in the top 5...jay doesnt have enough fans to make it to the top 5

2pacnbiggie said:
just another example of a rapper (jay z) who actually did flop in theaters. He didnt even make the top 10...now THATS a flop. 50's in the top 5...jay doesnt have enough fans to make it to the top 5

was fade to black a movie? no so you can't compare. also if jay-z gets shot 9 times and survives tomorrow he will gain more fans too. peace

warriorinjewelz said:
was fade to black a movie? no so you can't compare. also if jay-z gets shot 9 times and survives tomorrow he will gain more fans too. peace
fade to black was a movie/documentary that hit theaters and tanked. it was cosigned by jay just like 50's movie was cosigned by him..

2pacnbiggie said:
fade to black was a movie/documentary that hit theaters and tanked. it was cosigned by jay just like 50's movie was cosigned by him..
a documentary never does as good as a movie. also im not arguing that 50 is more popular but he is not more popular cause he is a better rapper. he is more popular for image reasons. i know you hate jay-z but even you have to admit jay-z is way better than 50 at rapping. peace

Are you kidding me? First off, it's PUBLICITY, not PROBLICITY. 50Cent is a talentless, ball-sucking big shot wannabe. If his 'fans' want to shoot each other up in the theater, then let them... fucks like that deserve to die. You act like rap is a great musical genre and that it's wrongfully given a bad name..... Show me one rap album that doesn't center around violence and killing people. :laugh:

Are you kidding me? First off, it's PUBLICITY, not PROBLICITY. 50Cent is a talentless, ball-sucking big shot wannabe. If his 'fans' want to shoot each other up in the theater, then let them... fucks like that deserve to die. You act like rap is a great musical genre and that it's wrongfully given a bad name..... Show me one rap album that doesn't center around violence and killing people. :laugh:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.