50 cent movie has bad start

might be making a ton of money but not getting the best problicity. i read in philly someone was shot leaving the movie. last night here in providence rhode island there was 2 huge fights in the movie, the fights ended up being so big that the entire providence place mall was closed (3 floor mall over 2 football fields long with a 20 screen movie theater inside it) just another way for rap to get a bad name

yeah over here i heard the movie theatres had to hire extra security because lots of people looked 'shady'

those 12 year old g unit soldiers do scare the shit out of me, i must admit.

Freedom Froggy

the media is making it worse than it really is.. ppl fight at theatres alot.. violence happens everywhere.. the bad publicity around the movie B4 it even came out is the reason all of this is happenin... and ppl are just feeding into it and making blacks look like ignorant fucks... its great to be an american

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
Source: Foxnews.com

50 Cent Discounted at Box Office

He may have sold a lot of CDs but rapper 50 Cent can’t seem to get his fans into theaters.

It’s either because of the shooting in a Pittsburgh theater that killed one fan this week, or it’s simply a matter of little interest in the subject matter.

On Friday night, “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” the violent biopic about Curtis Jackson (famous for being shot nine times and then becoming the owner of much jewelry) finished in fourth place behind “Chicken Little,” “Zathura” and “Derailed.” It only narrowly beat out fifth place Jarhead with a take of $4.5 million.

Since opening on Wednesday, "Get Rich" has brought in only $13.8 million. If you add in a possible $9 million more for tonight and tomorrow, it will have $24 million under its diamond-crusted bling-bling belt. That’s not the blockbuster Paramount could have been hoping for, but maybe DVD sales are where the action is on this title.

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

The number of people who will have seen "Get Rich" in five days is kind of interesting when you think about it. That $24 million, at ten bucks a pop, translates into 240,000 tickets sold. If some tickets went for a little less, we could be generous and say 300,000 fans of the rapper made it through turnstiles — and maybe in some cases metal detectors — to see their idol.

But 50 Cent’s albums, at least by Universal Music Group’s accounting, have each sold millions in an equivalent time period. And oddly enough, there is currently no 50 Cent album or soundtrack album on the Billboard Top 100. 50 Cent’s “The Massacre,” which was released nine months ago, is No. 30 on the Billboard Hip Hop/Rap chart. The movie has generated no heat for 50 Cent’s music at all.

So the question is, where are those fans and why didn’t they pour in to theaters this weekend to see their man? It’s certainly no fault of director Jim Sheridan or even Paramount marketing. They did their best. Maybe the answer is that there aren’t so many 50 Cent fans in the first place. That would raise some other questions, certainly.

Snowman

They had Cops At The Mall Here In Toledo, Just Incase Anybody Started Fighting. But Its Been Quiet. Seen The Movie Thursday I Liked The Movie a Lot WAY WAY Better Than 8 Mile.

I Cant Believe It Wasnt The #1 Movie In America. I Figured It To Be # 1 Until Harry Potter Came Out On the 18th

Yeah in the shooting and killing incident I read that a brawl started in the toilets, then this ensued into th lobby area where a man was shot, but don't u Americans get like 10,000 shooting murders a year?

Maybe the viewing figures are low because the certification of the film exceeds the age limit of the average 50 Cent fan?

the media is making it worse than it really is.. ppl fight at theatres alot.. violence happens everywhere.. the bad publicity around the movie B4 it even came out is the reason all of this is happenin... and ppl are just feeding into it and making blacks look like ignorant fucks... its great to be an american
I agree with you man, very much. Fights and shit happen all the time at movies, I mean, go the the movies, just watch all the dudes with thier ladies taht walk around actin all hard and shit. Hell, lots of people do it, so beefs spark and fights follow. It's as simple as that, the movie had nothing to do with the violence, the media jsut exploits WHATEVER it can tear into.

Oh and that post that said 50 wasn't selling very good... I'm shocked, but its crazy cuz when I went to see the movie, It was only Me, my girl, another couple, and like three dudes in the entire theater. Of course we went matinee so we only had ot pay 6.50 a peice, lol, but still, I was surprised thier was only like 7 people. I dunno though, It wasn't a bad movie, I'd give it like a 8 of 10. Not my favorite movie, but def. worth the 6.50.

jbrolax

I think i know the answer...

Maybe its because most of 50's fans arent old enough to get into a rated R movie.....

Edit: someone mentioned it above, my bad

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.