$2 Billion Industry

The.Menace

Staff member
saltynuts said:
I took that from the McDonalds Story. We all know Hip Hop is big, it's a pop culture.

Forget the whole Burger thing because we all know that's stupid. I'm interested in reading about what you think of the popularity. Is it a good or a bad thing that Hip Hop is selling?
I think it's the cancer of HipHop....too much money, too many bitches and too much hate....HipHop became mainstream and since then it goes downhill.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
S O F I S T I K said:
Well, yes. But, I believe that in those times, people associated with hip-hop were wishing that hip-hop would become a multi-million dollar industry that it is today.

There were threads started. Fortunately, there was always a person quick enough to name the elements, therefore we did not see so many people answer that it's just a genre of music. I still agree with your point though.

I'm sure that I could name more, but it all depends on how you look at it. Do you look it at from a bright side, or...you know?

Well, the way I worded it, I meant to point out that they make similar records. My bad if you understood wrong.

What do concerts really tell you? Are they fair enough proof of the hip-hop fan base? Think, concerts cost money. Most Black people in the ghetto don't feel like putting up 40 bucks for a 2-3 hour show. Not just Blacks, but anybody with a not-so-large income. But, I mean, you have a 100,000 dollar budget...what do I know? :) :p

What can I say? I agree. However, I still believe rappers are able to make dope records even if they still don't shy away from the "formula". The B. Coming is an example, the song that gets played most on the radio is Don't Stop with Snoop Dogg, produced by the Neptunes. It's a song by the formula. However, there's still very dope songs on the CD such as feel in the air, it's on, wanted dead or alive, purple rain, oh daddy, change gonna come, etc. All in all, very few rappers are experimental today, is what we can sum it up to. As for the industry just growing in terms of money, there's more positive, then negative.

Good points man.

I think we agree on the main.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.