Z-ro Tupac

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Chronic said:
Z-RO sings and Pac sang on "Fame", they're exactly alike
!!!!
He's compared to Tupac because he's the "emotional thug" type, not really because of style or the way he performs.

http://www.slate.com/id/2133762/

Z-Ro, Let the Truth Be Told (Rap-A-Lot)

This was the year that Houston hip-hop took over, one chopped and screwed beat at a time. Somehow, this terrific album by one of the city's veteran MCs slipped under the radar. Z-Ro has deft Play Mediarhyme skills and a silken flow, and an old-fashioned pride in both; his mantra is "respect my mind." He's taken the sensitive-thug persona pioneered by Tupac to an extreme—he's very nearly a gangsta James Taylor. In song after song he bares his pain and vulnerabilities, rapping about being "blinded by my tears" and Play Mediaapologizing for his album's dearth of upbeat songs. ("See … I ain't … experienced anything but hard times and heartache.") In a year when hip-hop was almost all party music, Z-Ro's blues-rap reminded us of the genre's confessional power, and that even laments can be danceable.

1st time i heard zro i was like fuck! this cat is ill

i hate you bitch from his 2nd to last album knocks hard and his last album was full of joints that could have took him gold or atleast the status where could grow in the industry

the freestyle over the eric b and rakim beat
diamonds in my mouth

dude reall y is ill and heeart felt

50 cent does it all tha time LOL and he aint got brains..buh u cud b rite
Do I even have to mention how hypocritical that is?

And no, Z-Ro isn't as good as Pac, but yes, I have heard of him and heard some of his stuff, hes decent.

Z-ro songs are hit or miss for me. They are either really really good or are just plain garbage. Z-ro comes across corny to me on some songs. Better beat selection would be nice as well.

I feel that it is easy to compare the 2 because of the similar deep voice and the thoughtfull attitude but that is about it. Z-ro is not as passionate and precise as pac. I still respect z-ro as an artist but not a big fan of the end result.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.