Your Top Ten Albums Of 2004

1. De La Soul - The Grind Date
2. Nas - Street Disciple
3. Xzibit - Weapons Of Mass Destruction
4. Talib Kweli - The Beautiful Struggle (its a good album, even if the critics were bad...)
5. Dilated Peoples - Neighborhood Watch
6. The Roots - The Tipping Point
7. Jadakiss - Kiss Of Death
8. Alchemist - 1st Infantry
9. Kanye est - College Dropout
10. MC Eiht - Veterans Day

in no order
legacy of blood
loyal to the game
d 12 world
r&g masterpiece
collision course
weapons of mass destruction
encore

they were all good and only albums i could think of right now
and dont babble about "those are probably the worst albums in 2004" and shit like that cause they are my personal fav albums of 2004 and sayin that wont change anything

HellRazor05 said:
Why don't you be more specific on which cds are "bottom list 10," cuz 4 out of the 5 artists on your short ass list are no-name rappers. How you can put Cee-lo and Skinnyman on a list over someone like Jadakiss or Method Man is beyond me, but I didn't comment on your list. From what you said it seems that 2004 was a great year...thats why your list only has 5 when this is supposed to be the top TEN. :thumb:
So Method Man's worst album is better than Cee-Lo's best because Meth is more famous? Okay then Stanley. You're not a hip-hop fan.

If you had posted a mere list I wouldn't have commented on your poor selection, but you said 2004 was a bad year which is untrue.

I'll finish my list at the request of Stanley...

Foreign Exhchange - Connected
Cee-Lo - Cee-Lo Green Is The Soul Machine
Mos Def - The New Danger
Skinnyman - Council Estate Of Mind
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
The Roots - The Tipping Point
De La Soul - The Grind Date
Pete Rock - Soul Survivor II
Masta Killa- No Said Date
Murs - Murs 3:16: The 9th Edition

HellRazor05 said:
Your the one sayin that my list was a "bottom list ten," when i dont hear anyone else making negative comments on them. Hell, most of the others have some of the same albums listed. Your makin it seem like we're makin billboard records here or somethin when your listing no-name artists.

I am a hip-hop fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't be here arguing with you right now Billy boy...just because I don't like Cee-lo's annoying voice doesn't mean otherwise. Pete Rock, Mos Def, Masta Killa, The Roots..those are all good, the rest I don't really care for. This is an opinion thread, not "bash everyone else's thoughts" thread so I'm gonna stop this ridiculous conversation while we're both not ahead. I think 2004 was a bad year for hip-hop, you think it was good...let's leave it at that and stop this corny name-calling bullshit.
You attacked me for picking an artist over another because one is more famous than the other... I didn't bring this Billboard vs. Underground crap up, it was you.

You said 2004 was a bad year for hip-hop, I said it wasn't and told you why.

Billy boy? Pathetic.

This would be a good debate, there is nothing wrong with it. If your feelings are hurt then by all means go! What's rediculous about discussing why you think hip-hop was so bad in 2004? Nothing.

HellRazor05 said:
I didn't just come out of the blue and attack you for no reason, you criticized my list so I retaliated with MY OPINION, something you obviously don't respect. YOU started the whole thing about me putting more famous artists over underground artists and saying that I'm not a "hip-hop fan," because of this. Therefore, I took that as you implying that "REAL hip-hop fans" must respect underground artists too. That's what brought me into the whole Billboard chart shit, because of your actions.

You never told me why you thought it was a good year, all you did was list the albums that you thought were good. I never told you why it was a bad year because I don't really think there's an explanation needed, one would assume that I thought that because...gee, maybe I didn't like any of the other music that came out in 2004?

And don't chastise me for my "pathetic," name-calling, when you (once again) started the whole thing. "Stanley," that's really original, my sincerist appologies for even taking that as an insult. I've never heard that one before, thanks for letting me share that word with you.

And just so this is clear: Everyone reading this cannot deny that I tried to be the nice guy and squash this before it got into a huge argument, but Bill G. wanted to continue. I don't know how deep you get with these message board debates, but by no means do my feelings get hurt by some asshole with a keyboard. If you wanna keep going with this then knock yourself out, I'm all game. But I'm not sitting around waiting for you to respond, I've got more important things to do with my life then argue about this nonsense.
Go back and read my original post.

If those are your top albums then yes, it was a crap year You have just compiled a bottom 10 list, not top.
You then replied with this:

Why don't you be more specific on which cds are "bottom list 10," cuz 4 out of the 5 artists on your short ass list are no-name rappers. How you can put Cee-lo and Skinnyman on a list over someone like Jadakiss or Method Man is beyond me, but I didn't comment on your list. From what you said it seems that 2004 was a great year...thats why your list only has 5 when this is supposed to be the top TEN.
You started this whole underground/mainstream crap, I didn't want anything to do with it.

At the end of the day you seem to think me wanting to debate your reasoning for saying 2004 "sucked" for hip-hop is wrong and against some kind of gentlemens agreement. You obviously cannot debate without calling someone an "asshole" or taking a comment to heart so there really is no point of going on.

:rolleyes:

HellRazor05 said:
I said how you can put Cee-Lo or Skinnyman above Jadakiss or Method Man is beyond me because I FEEL Jadakiss and Method Man are better rappers....not because they are more famous but because they are more skilled (in MY opinion).

I never said debating this is wrong in any way, I simply implied that it was stupid and unneccesary. You think one thing and I think the other and obviously anything either one of us says isn't gonna change either one of our minds....so it will get us nowhere. And I took no comment(s) to heart, you need to put on your reading glasses and carefully read my last paragraph over. As for calling you an "asshole," thats what you are.....your a fuckin asshole, I make a friendly offer to end this pointless argument and you basically spit in my face. If you can come up with a better name for yourself then please do. Let's not forget, your the one that started the whole name-calling thing....not to mention your an expert in that field as well. :thumb:
How did I spit in your face? And after that tantrum can you honestly say you have not taken the "Stanley" and a difference in opinion to heart?

And did somebody called "HellRazor05" just tell a man proud to use his own name to get a better screen handle?

You must be an awfully grumpy man to percieve your posts as friendly. How does ONE use of the name "Stanley" on my behalf componsate 3-5 "assholes", a "Billy boy" and a "fucking" on top of that?

HellRazor05 said:
I said how you can put Cee-Lo or Skinnyman above Jadakiss or Method Man is beyond me because I FEEL Jadakiss and Method Man are better rappers....not because they are more famous but because they are more skilled (in MY opinion).
Hmm, let's end this.

Why don't you be more specific on which cds are "bottom list 10," cuz 4 out of the 5 artists on your short ass list are no-name rappers. How you can put Cee-lo and Skinnyman on a list over someone like Jadakiss or Method Man is beyond me
End of discussion, seeing as yet again you have proved a talk with you always involved an "asshole" out of frustration.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.