Your Fav Record Label?

I miss Def Jam West, what might have been if Russell Simmons really knew how to market West artists back then. Here was their roster (they were either signed or their records were distributed by Def Jam West at one time) over the years:

BG Knoccout & Dre'sta
Boss (Female rapper, did "Deeper")
Domino
Jayo Felony
Montell Jordan
Riichie Rich
South Central Cartel
Warren G
Tha Twinz
Da 5 Footaz
The Dove Shack
WC

Warren G singlehandedly saved the label, and they fucked him and all the other West acts over, pretty much. I'll never understand it.

THEV1LL4N

KanDeeMan said:
I miss Def Jam West, what might have been if Russell Simmons really knew how to market West artists back then. Here was their roster (they were either signed or their records were distributed by Def Jam West at one time) over the years:

BG Knoccout & Dre'sta
Domino
Jayo Felony
Montell Jordan
Riichie Rich
South Central Cartel
Warren G
Tha Twinz
Da 5 Footaz
The Dove Shack
WC

Warren G singlehandedly saved the label, and they fucked him and all the other West acts over, pretty much. I'll never understand it.

so where are these artists at now then?

I think BG Knoccout's been locked up for a few years now.

Domino's put out a few kewl tracks, and according to Quik at his last concert, those two are working together as we speak.

SCC (The original Havicc and Prodeje) and Jayo are still around.

Bo-Rocc from The Dove Shack is locked up, I think.

Richie Rich pops up on Bay tracks all the time, and both of the Twinz have Myspaces w/ new tracks. So does Neb Luv from Da 5 Footaz.

Montell Jordan has been in a movie or two, haven't heard too much from him.

Boss, no idea.

WC is STILL on Def Jam, I love the guy, but he's an idiot. His first album got no lael help at all.

Warren is still doing his think, I thought u knew.

KanDeeMan said:

BG Knoccout & Dre'sta
Domino
Jayo Felony
Montell Jordan
Riichie Rich
South Central Cartel
Warren G
Tha Twinz
Da 5 Footaz
The Dove Shack
WC

shit i totally forgot that they were all on the same label. alot of my favorite artists are from def jam west

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.