Year of the dog again leaked

definitaly some good tracks. blown away, goodbye, life be my song, lord give me a sign :thumb: personally im not feeling the swizz beats "hard" style. It differs from tracks he had done like rough riders anthem back in the day. they just sound funny to me.

xxx

I wish X would get some new producers. Swizz is played out. Im sick of all these tracks with that "too busy" sound. I havent heard the new cd yet, but i have a feeling it will a a lot of the same (which is still better than pretty much everything else out there).

I'm going to support this album because there's more solid cuts than weak tracks. I really wish he did more songs like "Goodbye" and "Lord Give Me A Sign" though. I like X when he's deep, not when he's being a hardass on twelve straight tracks.

xxx

HellRazor05 said:
I thought it was a good album, obviously not his BEST, but not his worst. There's only one or two songs I didn't really like at first, but their starting to grow on me a little. Songs like "Goodbye," "Life Be My Song," and "Lord Give Me A Sign" are classic X, but I could've done without "Come Thru" and "I Run Shit." I'm glad he decided not to keep "Pump Ya Fist" on the album, he's already got Swizz on two choruses, and that's more than enough for one CD. All in all, it's no It's Dark & Hell Is Hot, but I'd say it's a step up from Grand Champ. I'm definitely gonna be picking this up when it drops.

I agree! Dont u think "i run shit" and "come thru" would have been about ten times better with a halfway decent chorus?

^ I thought "I run shit" was a banger. It is one of the rarest Swizz beats that I've liked recently. Plus it is a very vintage Swizz beat style of beat and a very vintage DMX party-club banger/whip-street banger type of track. It reminds me of "Party In Here/Lose My Mind".

xxx

^ ehhh, i already have 40 some dmx tracks that fall into that category. (Im not saying i dont like X, just wish he would try to be more creative.)

it's got a couple of songs i really like but overall it's just average. it is better than grand champ though. dmx's music still pumps me up like no other though. great work-out music. peace

JarG said:
grand champ is way better album than that shit
maybe but then again i only listened to grand champ for like 2 days and then threw the album out the window. the only dmx album i like is his first one. after that i realized all his songs are the same exact thing over and over. i only bump x when i work-out. peace

Damn, what's a brother to do? How can the dawg expect to make some loot if his stuff keeps getting leaked. Yet, he isn't the first and won't be the last. I've got to hear this album tho'. Swizzy is tight but I do want X to work with other producers. It's like Swizzy is Microsoft and has a monopoly on DMX and his music production. X is having this contest for any producer on myspace to remix the acapella version of "Lord Give Me A Sign". This should be interesting, for sure.

myspace.com/dmx

MATW95 said:
I'm going to support this album because there's more solid cuts than weak tracks
Yup.. After listening to it for about a week str8 i gotta say that although i like Grand Champ better, its better then TGD.. Its his best but not his worst..

EIB

This album is strong, you were all expecting some Its Dark And Hell Is Hot album, but thats like all of you expecting all expecting an Illmatic album from Nas with Hip Hop is dead, when in actual fact it will mimic X's album in not being as strong, and having some over-hyped production. this album hits 4 stars now after listening to it a lot of times, its gone up and down from 3 stars to 4 over periods of time but now after 2 weeks of constant listens its the best album of the year so far (closely followed by fishscale) You all need to face the facts that Hip Hop has changed, its a whole different thing now, and yes its not as strong, artists are declining as hip hop as a whole is declining so its all a declining process, that eventually has to go in a full circle or die out completely. In conclusion i will be buying DMX's album today, support the realest artist with mainstream sales power EVER.

p.s. - your all dumb as fuck saying Grand Champ is better, that was a pile of steaming SHIT and DMX is an idol for me and been my favorite artist the whole time i loved Hip-Hop.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.