XXL Top 20 Diss Tracks Of All Time

20. 50 Cent - Back Down
19. Tim Dog - Fuck Compton
18. Eminem - Nail In the Coffin
17. Eazy-E - Real Muthaphuckkin' G's
16. MC Lyte - 10% Dis
15. Jadakiss - Freestyle (Fuck Beanie Sigel)
14. Beanie Sigel - Empire Strikes Back Freestyle
13. Kool Moe Dee - Let's Go
12. LL Cool J - Jack The Ripper
11. LL Cool J - To Da Break of Dawn
10. Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge
9. Canibus - Second Round KO
8. Ice Cube - No Vaseline
7. Dr Dre and Snoop - Dre Day
6. Common - The Bitch in You
5. Boogie Down Productions - The Bridge is over
4. Boogie Down Productions - South Bronx
3. Nas - Ether
2. Jay-z - Takeover
1. 2pac - Hit 'em up

Da_Funk

Hit em' up should be number one without a doubt. Like the person a few posts above me said the emotion and hate in that track blows all wordplays/metaphors/whatever lyricism away.

Chronic

ManiacDego said:
emotions r stronger than a bunch of wordplays
u can feel the real hate in his voice
Da_Funk said:
Hit em' up should be number one without a doubt. Like the person a few posts above me said the emotion and hate in that track blows all wordplays/metaphors/whatever lyricism away.
Bullshit.

What if someone released a record filled with more emotion and hate than Pac did but the lyrics were shit like "I FUCKING HATE YOU, I WANT YOU TO DIE. GO TO HELL MOTHAFUCKER, I HATE YOU!!!!!!"?
Better than Hit Em Up right? Cause of all the emotion and hate.

Fuck that. It's called a diss track. You can't diss someone with emotions and hate, you diss someone with words. That's why lyrics are the most important aspect of a diss record. Lack of emotion, a bad flow, a bad beat only make it a bad track but the lyrics decide wether or not it's a good DISS track.

The only thing that hurt Biggie was the fact that Pac said he fucked Faith and people believed it. That's it. I like the song but it's not number one. I don't think it should even be top 20 but that's debatable.

Song broken down:

Generic bullshit lines
:

First off, fuck your bitch and the click you claim
Westside when we ride come equipped with game
We bust on Bad Boy niggaz fucked for life
Plus Puffy tryin ta see me weak hearts I rip
Biggie Smalls and Junior M.A.F.I.A. some mark-ass bitches
We keep on comin while we runnin for yo' jewels
Steady gunnin, keep on bustin at them fools, you know the rules
Lil' Ceaser, go ask ya homie how I leave ya
Cut your young ass up, leave you in pieces, now be deceased
Lil' Kim, don't fuck around with real G's
I let them niggaz know it's on for life
So let the Westside ride tonight - hahahah
Bad Boy murdered on wax and killed
Fuck wit' me and get yo' caps peeled, you know ... see ...
Peep how we do it, keep it real, it's penitentiary steel
this ain't no freestyle battle, all you niggaz gettin killed
with ya mouths open
Tryin to come up offa me, you in the clouds hopin
Smokin dope it's like a sherm high niggaz think they learned to fly
But they burn motherfucker, you deserve to die
I'm a self made millionare
Thug Livin out a prison, pistols in the air, haha
Now I'm bout to set the record straight, with my AK
I'm still the thug that you love to hate
Motherfucker, I hit 'em up

None of these lines are anything above average. They're not necessarily bad but there's nothing good about the actual disses. If someone dissed me with this shit, I'd just laugh. Cause all these lines basically say are: "Fuck you", "I will kill you", "I'm rich", "I hit 'em up". That's it. Change around the names and these lyrics could be aimed at anyone. They're not personal disses, just generic bragging and threats.

Lines on a personal level:

-You claim to be a player but I fucked your wife
-Quick to snatch yo' ugly ass off the streets, so fuck peace
-Talkin bout you gettin money but it's funny to me
All you niggaz livin bummy why you fuckin with me?
-Biggie, remember when I used to let you sleep on the couch
and beg the bitch to let you sleep in the house, hah
-Now its all about Versacci, you copied my style
-Five shots couldn't drop me, I took it and smiled

-Here Pac claims he fucked Biggie's wife. That's humiliating, especially if people believe it. Good line.
-He calls Lil' Kim ugly. Not exactly a great diss.
-He says they talk about money but they're broke. Not particularly a great diss and I don't think it was true either.
-Pac claims Biggie used to sleep on his couch and he (Pac) used to beg Faith to let Biggie back in. That's humiliating. Good lines.
-He says Biggie took his style. Not exactly a great diss, don't think anyone besides obsessed Pac fans believe this.
-He says the hit Biggie put out on him was nothing. Great line, best in the song.

Now is this really an amazing diss track? One great line, no great wordplay or lyricism, the majority is just generic bragging and threats and 2-3 lines that might've humiliated Biggie. So tell me what in this song makes it a good diss track.

To clarify I love Pac and I love this song so I'm not hating but it's not an above average diss.

If you disagree you're more than welcome to give a break-down of the song.

i agree with the way chronic looked at it, but if you look at it from a holy shit did he really say that type of song, there isnt any record that will top that one, yeah there are songs like dollars and sense and dre day that go after people, but how many people put a single out for them, made videos, promoted the shit? i think it really changed what a diss track was/is today

H.E. Pennypacker said:
I am pleased the placed Hit Em Up at the top. It was filled with more hate than any other beef song, the beat was sick, and the song was done with style. The video was great as well. It was one of the few beef songs that had a video. A classic song as well.

Props to XXL for choosing Hit Em Up.

I agree , it was done wit class and i think every1 everywhere thinks its 1 of the best diss tracks.

Ay-G said:
hit em up best be on top of that list. No one can fuck with that track.

Yep
PEACE!

H.E. Pennypacker said:
I am pleased the placed Hit Em Up at the top. It was filled with more hate than any other beef song, the beat was sick, and the song was done with style. The video was great as well. It was one of the few beef songs that had a video. A classic song as well.

Props to XXL for choosing Hit Em Up.
:thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.