8:Busta(2nd)
7:Ghostface(2nd)
6:TI(2nd)
5:Outkast(1st)
4:Mobb Deep(1st)
3:Killa Cam(2nd)
2:Nas (the lp by him and Premier) (2nd)
1: The Game(2nd)

if these releases stay kind of on point we in for some decent music, heres hoping that the Nas/Primo LP comes out. Nas " I'm almost dont [working] on a Queens anthem with another big Queens dude" when asked about features.

Agree/Disagree with their list?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GhettoStar said:
well March 2006 article list the Lp's as follows:

10: The Roots(due 4th qtr)
9:Ludacris(2nd)

if these releases stay kind of on point we in for some decent music, heres hoping that the Nas/Primo LP comes out. Nas " I'm almost dont [working] on a Queens anthem with another big Queens dude" when asked about features.

Yeah I read this.

Pretty much disagree.

I'll be picking up Roots, Busta, Ghostface, Outkast, Nas, Mobb Deep and the Game.

But they wouldn't all be in my top 10. Game and Nas would.

I guess they are just looking at mainstream albums.

Pittsey said:
Yeah I read this.

Pretty much disagree.

I'll be picking up Roots, Busta, Ghostface, Outkast, Nas, Mobb Deep and the Game.

But they wouldn't all be in my top 10. Game and Nas would.

I guess they are just looking at mainstream albums.

Roots mainstream?Ghost (in temrs of sales) mainstream? I dont know I pretty much agree with this list although Mobb Deep would not be on my final cut...Mos Def would.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GhettoStar said:
Roots mainstream?Ghost (in temrs of sales) mainstream? I dont know I pretty much agree with this list although Mobb Deep would not be on my final cut...Mos Def would.
Yeah. Wu Tang are mainstream. Everyone knows the WU, all the radio stations play them. Roots too, everyone on here knows them, maybe a bit less mainstream.

Basically anyone who has an album on Play.com is mainstream.

Roots - maybe/maybe not.

Disagree, only one im really checking for is the nas cd. Ill probably download/buy the games, roots, and ghostfaces' but im not really anticipating their release.

PuffnScruff

there are a few underground artists im looking for to drop in 06 but i wouldnt expect them to be in xxl. other than that i can agree with that list

AmerikazMost

GhettoStar said:
This has to be what the mainstream/general consumers are looking for. No Rakim. No Redman. No Method Man (is he still supposed to drop?). No Raekwon.

2PacThug4Life said:
Pac wasn't listed on their probaly because no one knows for sure when it's coming out, let alone anything about it.

PAc's never listed though, the last couple times at least because pretty much everyone knows what to expect: whack beats that Pac never would have rapped over, fucked up vocals, guest spots that never could have happened, and the occasional good songs.

_carmi

me, myself & us
GhettoStar said:
well March 2006 article list the Lp's as follows:

agreeing with it mostly. i am hoping this brings out some good music cuz lately theres been not that much.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online