WWE Legend Diamond Dallas Page Files Federal Lawsuit Against Jay-Z Alleging Trademark

1WRESTLING.COM has learned that Diamond Dallas Page has filed a federal lawsuit in Los Angeles against rapper Jay-Z alleging trademark infringement for unauthorized use of the "Diamond Cutter" sign that Page has used commercially since 1996.

Page introduced the diamond shaped hand signal while in WCW and has continued without interruption to use it professionally in wrestling and other entertainment related projects. The sign appears on the cover of Page's new book, "Yoga for Regular Guys" and is something Page went to great lengths to brand as the symbol of the "Diamond Cutter" over the past decade.

Jay-Z began using the symbol professionally well after it had been established by Page and has used it on various products for the past few years, including the cover of "The Dynasty: Roc La Famillia 2000" and "Jay-Z - Fade To Black".

Page introduced his "Diamond Cutter" symbol in 1996 while working for WCW on the weekly NITRO and THUNDER programs and also used the symbol on monthly PPV events and other WCW related live events. He also used the symbol during during countless main stream media appearances, including "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".

We're attempting to contact Diamond Dallas Page for comment on the lawsuit and will also attempt to contact representatives of Jay-Z for their reaction. We'll have a follow up to this story in the next few days.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=24684

Snowman

Wow!!

Now I seen Everything, DDP Must Need Some Money. Kimberly Must Have Cleaned Him Out When They Got A Divorce.

this is the best news i've heard in a while. U shoulda put wcw legend up there in the thread title tho it jus sounds better lol

i hope ddp wins this case he deserves it

if this is a case then Pac moms gonna sue a lot of rappers who has used the dub or Westside or war sign.Then anotha wrestler John Cena will be suing Tony Oldyo n 50 Bitch for usin his U Cant See me shit.then ill be sued (a black man wit no shit)by all cuz i did these things.GET THE FUCK OUTTA HEAR!!!!will b funny to see how it play out though.

2pacthuglawzjer said:
if this is a case then Pac moms gonna sue a lot of rappers who has used the dub or Westside or war sign.Then anotha wrestler John Cena will be suing Tony Oldyo n 50 Bitch for usin his U Cant See me shit.then ill be sued (a black man wit no shit)by all cuz i did these things.GET THE FUCK OUTTA HEAR!!!!will b funny to see how it play out though.
Actually Yayo could put a case up against John Cena because Yayo started waving his hand in front of his face first. Since the beginning of 2003, Yayo was doing that. Watch the "In Da Club" video. Cena bit off Yayo. John Cena didn't start his Gimmick until a little later in the year after the "In Da Club" video.

Shot 21

Lol DMX will sue Stone Cold Steve Austin because Austin kept saying "What!" and thats what X does in loadsa song. DDP needs to realise his career is over.

hahaha i actually thought about DDP every time i saw jay or kanye doing the diamond...

anyway, yeah its fucking rediculous.....so many wrestlers bite from 'rapper's' styles.....remember that TAZ guy used to have 'THUG LIFE' across his stomach when he first came to WWF

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
WWE Legend Diamond Dallas Page Files Federal Lawsuit Against Jay-Z Alleging Trade

Tekneek said:
Nas made the sign in the "It Ain't Hard To Tell" video, which came out in 1994. Case closed, he didn't make up the sign.
So Jay bit it off Nas?

This is getting worse and worse for Jigga hahaha.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.