WTF?!!! No Promotion, But Nas is Expected to Sell 300-325K. Go Nas!!!

DontGo2Sleep said:
why is every idiot out there gettin offended by nas' album and taking it as a "diss?" Big boi of outkast did the exact same thing as young jeezy did here. i swear to god, nas has never been more intimidating to these people than right now.
cuz everyone knows that he is right but noone wants to admit it.

Aristotle said:
How would you feel if you came out with an album name and people kept takin it the wrong way.

Go read up, your little speel is completely wrong. Nas never said anythin about the music out there, especially from the South, is killin Hip-Hop. He always talks about the capitolism in it, not the music.
Listen to the last track on HHID and Nas shit talks "And if your sayin Hip Hop is alive you probably killed it too" or somethin close to that. Its the rappers he's accusing 2.

Aristotle said:
Did you really expect him to sell less than 300k?
lol HELL YES!!!! I got my computer back on the first of December and logged on to this site for the first time since July. Had I not done that, I wouldn't known about this album coming out prolly until I looked at the Sunday sales papers, looked thru Best Buy and saw that the album was on sale for $9.99. Truthfully, I expected him to maybe pull-off 200k.

KO said:
Of course its related to piracy, if you look at how much albums were selling 5 years ago compared to now the difference is astonishing, but is the music really a lot worse??

let me give you an example, it's christmas week, and Nas is gonna sit on top of the billboard 200 selling 300k, 6 years ago, when Still I Rise was released roundabout the same time it did over 400k in its first week and was 7th in the chart...

300k these days is number, six years ago, 400k got you number seven....

and it's not related to piracy?
good point, but 1nce again, that argument could still be very well-related to the fact that good music was coming out then. Piracy has always existed, from the early '90s with bootlegged tapes to Y2K with CD-Rs and now the whole I-pod craze. So what's so different now than back with bootlegged tapes or burned CDs?

*Still I Rise dropped in 1999, seven years ago. Not really important, but I just thought I'd throw that out there

ARon

Confucius87 said:
good point, but 1nce again, that argument could still be very well-related to the fact that good music was coming out then. Piracy has always existed, from the early '90s with bootlegged tapes to Y2K with CD-Rs and now the whole I-pod craze. So what's so different now than back with bootlegged tapes or burned CDs?

*Still I Rise dropped in 1999, seven years ago. Not really important, but I just thought I'd throw that out there
There is no way in hell you can compare the amount of bootlegg tapes bein sold then to the amount of music bein dl'd now.

Bobby Sands

Originally Posted by Pella
album sucks
No.Your wigger ass sucks.

Album is dope.

If Nas is accusing the southern artists of ruining hip hop then he is correct.That is exactly what some of those wack ass fools are doing.Chamillionaire ,Outkast, UGK, Scarface and the like are an exception though.

Originally Posted by Illuminatille
How would you feel if you were a rapper, working hard to put out music, and someone came along with a holier-than-thou attitude, climbed up on a pedestal and basically declared that everything out there was shit and was killing hip-hop?
Yea these southern rappers and producers that are out there right now work awful hard to produce those wack generic beats and shitty lyrics.

Aristotle said:
There is no way in hell you can compare the amount of bootlegg tapes bein sold then to the amount of music bein dl'd now.
why not? piracy is piracy. and if anything, it's much smaller now that the RIAA has cracked down on people compared to how it was 4 years ago. check the facts. many file-sharing sites have greatly decreased or died.

Confucius87 said:
why not? piracy is piracy. and if anything, it's much smaller now that the RIAA has cracked down on people compared to how it was 4 years ago. check the facts. many file-sharing sites have greatly decreased or died.
Bla.. back in the day you had to get it from someone, today you just log on to your favorite message board and dl'd it from Rapidshare, Yousendit etc., you don't even need to have a program like kazaa no more! Plus everyone has a fast internet connection now. Never has been easier.

Lyte said:
Bla.. back in the day you had to get it from someone, today you just log on to your favorite message board and dl'd it from Rapidshare, Yousendit etc., you don't even need to have a program like kazaa no more! Plus everyone has a fast internet connection now. Never has been easier.
:thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.