Why no Premier on Hip Hop is Dead?

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
His tracks will never be over-rated because there is no OFFICIAL rating system. So they will never be over-rated, they will never be under-rated, the will never be a universally agreable rating system for producers.
Overrated is an adjective.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
But then there are the facts: Dj Premier produced one of the most talked about rap albums of all time (Illmatic).Notice how I didnt say "Classic". I specifically said one of the most talked about rap albums of all time which it clearly is. I mean they clearly have a good relationship....
1. He produced three of the most talked about tracks on a classic album.
2. He also produced three hundred forgettable joints for other cats in the same era.
3. This is irrelevant in 2007

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
why no premier tracks? He is one of the most respect producers in the came. Just give me 10 producers whom are still around 2day, that have done what hes done, formed the relationships hes formed, and produced the amount of quality music he has done.
I'm sure the unofficial Premier fan club members are happy to have you as president but none of this changes the fact that dude hasn't made a good joint for three years.

albohemia said:
Overrated is an adjective.
1. He produced three of the most talked about tracks on a classic album.

hasn't made a good joint for three years.
He had a hit with Christina Agulira though,so he's step up his game in regards to hits.FYI he did 1/3 of the work on the classic Illmatic.He isn't overated just because he hasnt made a "Nas is like" 4 2oo0+.The new LP would benifit from majority Primo,they bring the best out each other;thus,the reason Primo wanted Nas to do his lyrics again

Also "Back in the Day" or whatever that Christina Aguilra did (produced by Primo) was a heater of a beat. If Nas did "Where R They Now?" over it...damn. It just seems that hip-hop fans dont have a high IQ when it comes to music, let alone what exactly makes a good beat and what they want to hear

albohemia said:
I'm sure the unofficial Premier fan club members are happy to have you as president but none of this changes the fact that dude hasn't made a good joint for three years.

Overrated is an adjective. Wow, that is some of the most irrelavent shit i have ever read in my entire life and has nothing to do what so ever with the point i was try and still trying to get across to you. There is no such thing as being overrated. According to you he is overrated. But according to the next 100 people i ask, it is possible that i would get 100 different answers. How hard is it to understand that using the word OVERRATED is IRRELAVENT!!!!!!! IT doesnt mean a damn thing that you say hes overrated cause in the grand scheme of things your opinion MEANS JACK SHIT when it comes to the quality of Premier's beats. Please understand that i also understand that my opinion MEANS JACK SHIT as well. Im just saying for the love of GOD wouldn't u would of like to see what Premier could of done for the album???????

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Overrated is an adjective. Wow, that is some of the most irrelavent shit i have ever read in my entire life and has nothing to do what so ever with the point i was try and still trying to get across to you. There is no such thing as being overrated. According to you he is overrated. But according to the next 100 people i ask, it is possible that i would get 100 different answers. How hard is it to understand that using the word OVERRATED is IRRELAVENT!!!!!!! IT doesnt mean a damn thing that you say hes overrated cause in the grand scheme of things your opinion MEANS JACK SHIT when it comes to the quality of Premier's beats. Please understand that i also understand that my opinion MEANS JACK SHIT as well. Im just saying for the love of GOD wouldn't u would of like to see what Premier could of done for the album???????
I have no particular yearning to hear Nas spit over a Premier beat.

I wish someone would of told you crack was overrated to deter you from trying it.

albohemia said:
I have no particular yearning to hear Nas spit over a Premier beat.

I wish someone would of told you crack was overrated to deter you from trying it.

Wow. The originality of that joke has just overwhemled my body. I have to completely stop everything i am doing right now in order to provide the right amount of laughter. I need everybit of energy i have in order to laugh, it's just that god damn funny.

Please just stick to being a smug wannabe know it all.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Wow. The originality of that joke has just overwhemled my body. I have to completely stop everything i am doing right now in order to provide the right amount of laughter. I need everybit of energy i have in order to laugh, it's just that god damn funny.

Please just stick to being a smug wannabe know it all.
Dude shut the fuck up. Your making yourself look more stupid with every post.

cookiesoda said:
Dude shut the fuck up. Your making yourself look more stupid with every post.
Irony? There was no reason to post this to start shit just chill&participate in the debate in an intelligent manner if possible. I rather hear Nas over Primo then over Will.I.AM or Chris Webber.I'm sure the majority of rappers (past&present),producers&fans/critics (not amatures on a message board) would say he is not overated or losing alot of his touch.The opinon/argument of 1 can lack credbility

GhettoStar said:
Irony? There was no reason to post this to start shit just chill&participate in the debate in an intelligent manner if possible. I rather hear Nas over Primo then over Will.I.AM or Chris Webber.I'm sure the majority of rappers (past&present),producers&fans/critics (not amatures on a message board) would say he is not overated or losing alot of his touch.The opinon/argument of 1 can lack credbility
Come on man, it's obvious to people that Albohemia has pretty high standards on quality of hip hop. I don't agree with him that Premier aint made a good joint for three years but you can;t say his opinion lacks credibility. Hes one of the boards most intelligent members.

But back on the topic. I actually like the Webber shit but I'd rather see a few more Premier tracks than Will.I.am though i still don't think the album is as good as everyone says.

ARon

Just cus someone can come off as intelligent doesn't mean they're always right.

Anyways.

The work Primo has done with Alicia Keys, Termanology, Royce, AZ, Pitch Black, Agallah, CNN, Nas, Common, Devin, Cormega, D'Angelo, some of M.O.P, Jada, and even Dilated have been good, and I'm talkin bout the shit after 2000, I think most of em are anyway. Thats just what I thought of real quick, I'm probably missin a bunch of tracks he has layed down lately. To say he is overrated fallen off or whatever you want to call it is pretty dumb.

Even if you want to consider that he has fallen off or whatever I think you would have to wait for the projects with Royce and Nas to drop. Its easy to say wow what happened to him after he drops one bad single or guest spot on an album but Id rather judge him on a full body of work. The last Gang Starr album he did was The Ownerz, not quite vintage Primo but still good. Him bein bad after 2000, nah.

cookiesoda said:
But back on the topic. I actually like the Webber shit but I'd rather see a few more Premier tracks than Will.I.am though i still don't think the album is as good as everyone says.

This is my entire point in creating the thread....the album is decent, but wouldnt u just like to hear maybe 2 or three premier tracks just to see what it sounded like??? When they came back together i read multiple articles about how happy they were to be back around eachother and all they were doing was making music....where is this music? Im not complaining, i just wonder where the hell it is?

The album does not gel well together at all. IMO. And i believe that premier would of made the album come together and it wouldn't sound like a compilation album.

And for your comment about me looking stupid, i dont even care man, ur a name on my computer screen and thats it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.