Why is Hip-hop dead?

masta247

Staff member
yeah but it was released 11 years ago.
The point with his beats is that there's too much of everything in them and instruments there don't play well with each other in my opinion. I often feel like listening to a few random beats at the same time. Personally I don't dig them but I respect that many people might like them, at least that's not soulja boy lol

S. Fourteen

People are sitting on a gold mine but people don't wanna dig. People are just sitting by the river shifting through the dirt for washed up tiny nuggets.

So, Rahim, tell me - who would Tupac choose as the greatest rapper(s) to have ever lived?

Casey

Staff member
People are sitting on a gold mine but people don't wanna dig. People are just sitting by the river shifting through the dirt for washed up tiny nuggets.

So, Rahim, tell me - who would Tupac choose as the greatest rapper(s) to have ever lived?
I think his favorite rapper was Scarface. I feel there's more of a Scarface influence in 'Pac than any other rapper.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member

people (some or most) who he shouted out on the song old school probably. who do u think he would choose?

S. Fourteen

Biggie? I don't care to be honest. Some Tupac fans I know won't give Paid In Full a chance for whatever reason. Probably because No Limit records sound better to them.

This was written by Hamilton Nolan at gawker.com - not the most well written piece on Tupac (and it's certainly arguable) but it's short and to the point.

The whole Tupac fetish thing. This is really the problem with Tupac. He got murdered as a young man with a lot of selling power left in him. That caused people with an interest in his career to pimp out his legacy to an insane extent in search of sales. Tupac, like many of us, was a fucked up guy. But he was no great artist, and he was no great role model.
You know what his legacy has been, ultimately? White kids shouting "Thug Life!" out of their SUV windows. Which is what has led to the slow decline of hip hop music in general. Which was the most important new form of music America has seen in the last 30 years. Tupac was okay. The mythology of Tupac is ridiculous. And the aftermath of Tupac has done more to hurt the music he loved than MC Hammer ever did. Many other people in music have sucked more than Tupac; but nobody else in recent memory has had such a detrimental legacy.
Tupac: Tupac Was Overrated. Sorry.

What's my point? Hip Hop fans stopped progressing. Sorry, but remixing Pac's shit is not killing shit - it's people that can't get over Tupac that is killing Hip Hop.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet you spend more time listening to Tupac and his precious OGz than you spend time looking for new albums. If that's the case, then you have no f'n business coming in here and telling us why you think Hip Hop is dead.

I think we're still trying to replace Tupac and we're stuck. SH.com is 50centboard.com right now and it's a big ass snoozefest.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.