Why are Dre's new beats the worst ones on the album?

Anyone else feelin me on this?

Check The Game's album, check 50's album, and check Em's album.

Dre's beats are the worst ones on there. The drums are weak (the drums on "How We Do"? Come on, those are fucking CRAP.), there is barely any melody, and there are these little weak piano riffs ("Don't Worry" off The Game's album).

To top it off, a lot of his beats have this wack drum sequence. "Higher" (The Game), "Outta Control" (50), "Big Weenie" & "Mosh" (Em) all have kicks coming at 1-2-3-4 instead of on 1 & 3.

I'm feelin those Dre beats like "Never Enough" off Em's album. Now that beat is HOT.

And no, I'm not a "Dre-hater." His beats just suck lately.

S. Fourteen

The beats on The Massacre are below average for Dre, but I still bump the shit.

He's made some hot beats along with the not so hot ones though...

(Bitten from 2Pax)

Dre: Yo fitty
50: what up Dre
Dre: ey the fans want me do Detox...
50: yea, so?
Dre: gimme them beats back!
50: what the fuck am I supposed to rap to then? What about those beats you played for me last week?
Dre: oh.. yea, I gave those to Game
50: Man! fuck that fool!
Dre: shiiit.. I'll just make you a couple of beats tonight
50: fuck that, they better be hot.. are they?
Dre: HELL YEAH!

Mightnt be his very best beats but gotta remember he been majorly busy last few months , Busta, Eve , Em , 50, and plus Detox , plus i dont think his beats are as bad u make them out to be , Higher was a tight beat as for Big Weenie well a song like that isnt suppsoed to have an incredible beat , Dre probbaly made that in 10 min or something

producing is harder than rapping, a rapper can usually make up new content, where as the more beats u make the harder it is to make more, i think about it this was, for example if u create 30 diffrent beats about love, they start going down in quality becuz the first beat u made was fresh and original and it sucedeed, u then start duplicating and trying to out do yourself and that in most of the time is impossible.
dre has fallen of, but it aint his fault, when making beats u can just use whats around u for inspiration especially when the rappers u produce for use the same forumla and rap the same content.

Anyone else think Dre is scared to drop Detox because he fears that it will be a flop so in an attempt to make it the best he can keeps delaying it. I mean he goes "Niggas sayin' Dre fell off, how nigga my last album was the Chronic." If he flops hes pretty much done. A lot of people hold him in high regard so lets see.

jflballer said:
Anyone else feelin me on this?

Check The Game's album, check 50's album, and check Em's album.

Dre's beats are the worst ones on there. The drums are weak (the drums on "How We Do"? Come on, those are fucking CRAP.), there is barely any melody, and there are these little weak piano riffs ("Don't Worry" off The Game's album).

To top it off, a lot of his beats have this wack drum sequence. "Higher" (The Game), "Outta Control" (50), "Big Weenie" & "Mosh" (Em) all have kicks coming at 1-2-3-4 instead of on 1 & 3.

I'm feelin those Dre beats like "Never Enough" off Em's album. Now that beat is HOT.

And no, I'm not a "Dre-hater." His beats just suck lately.
Behind "We Ain't" on Game's album, I think "How We Do" is the second most bangin' track. Actually, before I heard "We Ain't" I thought HWD WAS the best fucking beat on the album. That beat is just fucking horrendously sick (<- in a good way).

Big Weenie wasn't a great beat but Rain Man was. Man...I was SO DISAPPOINTED because you hear a beat like Rain Man, which I thought was a great beat, and then you hear the shitty lyrics put down over it and you think "man, what a terrible fucking waste of a beat".

As for Encore...My favorite beat is a tie between Like Toy Soldiers and Mockingbird.

Diddy7 said:
Anyone else think Dre is scared to drop Detox because he fears that it will be a flop so in an attempt to make it the best he can keeps delaying it. I mean he goes "Niggas sayin' Dre fell off, how nigga my last album was the Chronic." If he flops hes pretty much done. A lot of people hold him in high regard so lets see.
Dre is at a level now where he cannot fall off. Lemme put it to ya like this. if Ray Charles were still alive and released an album in June, and it was really bad, people would say it was really bad and wouldn't listen to it, but in no way would that hurt him as an artist or his legend because he was at a level where he couldn't be hurt, period.

Dre is at that same level. No matter what he does, whether it ends up another bonafide hit/classic or is considered a disappointment, he's still going to be the Godfather of rap and the most respected producer in the game.

ARon

I dont see why poeple are pushing for Detox, its not like people were like this for 2001. You had to wait longer for that album.

I dont see y people awaiting detox so much, it will just have some collabos with 50,eminem,snoop,game,buck,banks,xzibit,eve,busta rhymes and maybe jay z and ofcourse dre rapping bout how hes back.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.