Why All The Hate On The Nastradamus Album?

i gave my opinions on which tracks were wack and which ones werent and the good things about the album outshines the bad about the album. I also asked do people let the singles dictate their opinion on the album because people say its a commercial album but theres only 2 commercial tracks on the album...i dont understand that logic

I bought it the first time it came out and I liked it, I was happy for Nas, cause I think that album sold the most number of units out of all Nas' albums.

2pacnbiggie said:
Isnt that what all reviewers do? im showing u there arent that many incredibly wack tracks on the album to warrant the amount of hate it gets
well normally reviewers dont input biased opinion on their review. do they. (please dont ask me why i called u biased but its evident :thumb: )

if u can get an unbiased non-nas listener to rate this album then that ll give ur statement a bit of credibility, everyone on this board knows u love nas but we aint knockin u, jus sayin that it isnt surprisin for a nas fan to call possibly his 'worst' album good?

people were used to gettin material like it was written and illmatic and this album was a big change in the overall sound. its still a decent album just not one were u can just let it play.... the songs dont flow together. but i can say one thing i was lovin that song with him and ginuwine when it came out but now i cant listen to it n e more...dont know why? anything nas chooses to put out will always be quality but u cant expect everyone to like it as much as u

sniper said:
well normally reviewers dont input biased opinion on their review. do they. (please dont ask me why i called u biased but its evident :thumb: )

if u can get an unbiased non-nas listener to rate this album then that ll give ur statement a bit of credibility, everyone on this board knows u love nas but we aint knockin u, jus sayin that it isnt surprisin for a nas fan to call possibly his 'worst' album good?
some reviewers give biased reviews (source magazine lately). I dont see how i came across as biased in the lil review i gave but oh well

2pacnbiggie said:
some reviewers give biased reviews (source magazine lately). I dont see how i came across as biased in the lil review i gave but oh well
I think it is cuz of all the 4 /4.5 mics you gave...I think its just a 3 more than 3.5 cuz a 3.5 is closer to 4 and its certainly not a 4 mic album...

Thats the way I look at it but I do get what you are trying to say tho...with this thread. It is a nice album as in ok. Nothing really special and in my eyes the only real track on there is Project windows..Because that is Nas.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
^^^yeah like he said but i liked most there and it was worth a good three mics.The album is far from horrible though.But i enjoyed that waas the album that got me into nas.I think i waas 16 or 17 at time.Then i heard iam then it was written then illmatic.It took me a minute to get into nas and that whole east coast shit because i was into the westcoast and the southern underground movement.

the only people i liked from the east were jeru the damaja,Naughty by nature,and digable planets and de la soul...oh cant 4get kwami and special ed

Little Skittle said:
when did em say he was embarrassed about infinite???
I can't give you a date but there is an interview where he says he wasn't cool with infinite he doesn't see it as his 1st album..or whatever...IT was a shitty album in my opinion I don't feel it that much...maybe 1 or 2 tracks but nuff about eminem...search for the interview

2pacnbiggie said:
yea i bet u bought the best of both worlds and unfinished business with a kobe jerseyand thought it was a good investment :rolleyes:
I didnt buy the Kelly and Jay albums cus they were shit. I got plenty of Kobe Jerseys though. :thumb:

Da Ripper said:
I bought it the first time it came out and I liked it, I was happy for Nas, cause I think that album sold the most number of units out of all Nas' albums.

What you smoking

Nastradamus only just sold over a mill, as I Am went double plat, IWW went double plat, maybe triple

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.