Why All The Hate On The Nastradamus Album?

I dont understand all the unneccessary hate on this album. Its like people listen to the singles (u owe me and nastradamus) and let that dictate the whole album . Granted theres a few below average tracks and it feels kinda rushed (he released 2 albums that year after bootleggers got to the I Am...Nastradamus double album) but this album isnt as bad as people make it out to be and like all of Nas albums the positivies about this album clearly outweighs the negatives.

1 The Prediction ...intro

2 Life We Chose .. 4/5 average track i didnt really care for it to much had a good message to it tho

3 Nastradamus ..i dont see whats wrong wit this either solid beat, decent hook catchy song nothin special but not wack imo 3.5-4/5

4 Some of Us Have Angels....a dope track i loved this one 4/5

5 Project Windows ... classic imo one of the best on the album 5/5

6 Come Get Me i liked premos beat and nas was spittin nice on this one jus a nice shit talkin track...4/5

7 Shoot 'Em Up ..its a ok track i didnt like the whole nursery rhyme flow pattern at first but its aight imo 3.5/5

8 Last Words another one of my favs nashawn and nas come nice on this one 4.5/5

9 Family ... another good track 4/5

10 God Love Us - average didnt really care for this one 3.5/5

11 Quiet Niggas ...probably the only track i really hated on this album cuz of the bravehearts ...3/5

12 Big Girl ...nas flips his flow on this one its average track 3.5/5

13 New World ..i liked this one too 4/5

14 You Owe Me ... ill never understand the hate on this track, i mean people act like this was worst than just lose it or something when it came out i remember everybody likin it...i dont remember folks bashin it besides a few mag reviews but no people i knew where bashin it 3.5/5

15 The Outcome ...outro

So really whats all the hate about on this album? is it because he tried to do a couple pop songs or something? The pop/club songs he tried werent incredibly wack and its not like he tried a whole album of pop songs. He still had his introspective tracks and vivid storytellin/descriptive tracks that we've all known him for. So whats with all the hate? I agree that its his worst album...but it gets alotta unwarranted hate like its a 2 mic album

i'd give it about 3.5 mics

roaches

Yes, by rewriting the tracklist and putting numbers in front of it, you proved that it isn't bad.

The only song close to being good on that album is "Project Windows".

Normal people feel the same way about this album as you do about Jay-Z.

roaches said:
Yes, by rewriting the tracklist and putting numbers in front of it, you proved that it isn't bad.

The only song close to being good on that album is "Project Windows".

Normal people feel the same way about this album as you do about Jay-Z.
lol im not sayin its better than illmatic or anything but this album isnt wack at all. Some Of Us Have Angels, Project Windows, Family, Last Words and New World are all dope tracks. The good tracks easily outnumber the bad

Why do some people think street's disciple is wack? well because its not illmatic, the thing is Nas has set a high standard for himself, so anything below 1/2 man 1/2 amazing is well wack!

ARon

I can listen to it, its not like it sucks or anything, 3 or 3.5 is about right. Last words is an amazing track though. I feel you though, people discredit it and act like it is the worse album to ever come out, no big deal though. This thread should really be why Streets Disciple is getting so much hate, its gonna turn out to be a hidden gem by so many.

You're trying to convince us that the album doesn't suck by showing us how you rate it?
Isnt that what all reviewers do? im showing u there arent that many incredibly wack tracks on the album to warrant the amount of hate it gets

Chronic

2pacnbiggie said:
Isnt that what all reviewers do? im showing u there arent that many incredibly wack tracks on the album to warrant the amount of hate it gets
No. The point of a review is to review the album, not necessarily to convince.
You're not showing us that there aren't that many incredibly wack tracks, you're just saying what you rate each song.
If someone did the same but only gave each song a 1/5, would that be a good counter-argument?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online