why 50cent is so fucken successful

2Pax

Because of the backing / production by Eminem and Dr Dre, argue this point all you want but he wouldn't have been no where near as big as he is had to signed to another label.

2Pax said:
Because of the backing / production by Eminem and Dr Dre, argue this point all you want but he wouldn't have been no where near as big as he is had to signed to another label.
YEP
He had a good buzz going, and he would have blown up eventually but not this big.. Not without Dre, and EM..

Ay-G

back in the day you at least had 2 (2pac & BIG) but now, its jut 50/g-unit. Thats where all the money goes. 1 rapper/group.

Kareem

promotion an marketing is why he is sucessful, thats the key to any sucessful product. oh yeah an the lack of creatvity in todays rap game

50 is successful because he is one of the smartest son of a bitch in the rap game right, if u think about everything he does and how he does them, u'll be almost tempted to call him a Genius. and regardless of what other people say 50 is one of the realest. He came to the rap game with a plan and that's to put it in a "choke-hold"- remeber that line in "in the club"? why did I say 50 is real, cause he didn't keep his plan a secret just the way Pac did, remember when Pac says "I got money making plans"- listen to made niggaz. but anyway 50 came with his debut "get rich or die trying" he didn't come as a lyrical God or something, he came as a gangsta rapper who had lived the gangsta lifestyle before he got signed -hence the hype about him getting shot 9 times! I said 9 times!!! I know u guys would say well big deal, but do yall remember when this board was going crazy when they heard about 50 getting shot 9 times and he survived well the whole world bought into that hype too, so he became very popular, then he brought his boys to eat with him G-unit with reebok= jackpot! now G-unit is everywhere and them members all dropping dope solo joints, and in all their videos u see 50's face, which creates anticipation for 50's own album. Then whole Shyne issue, then the whole "piggy Bank" hot 97 issue, everything was planned by 50 and with Em backing him up, and Dre's beats and acknowlegement, you know Cali would be behind him too which equals sales! 50 is a smart man! I just wish he could improve lyrically because he is one of the best song writers ever.

roaches

Let's see. Some songs on the radio right now:

50 Cent - "Candy Shop", "Disco Inferno"
Cam'ron / Kanye West - "Down and Out"
Cassidy - "I'm a Hustla"
Common / Kanye - "The Corner"
Fat Joe - "So Much More", "Safe to Say"
The Game - "This Is How We Do", "Hate it or Love it"
Lil Jon / Ludacris / Usher - "Lovers and Friends"
Ludacris - "Number One Spot"
Nas / Quan - "Just a Moment"
Slim Thug / Mike Jones / Paul Wall - "Still Tippin"
Snoop Dogg - "Drop it Like it's Hot", "Let's Get Blown", "Signs"
T.I. - "U Don't Know Me", "Bring Em Out"
Trick Daddy / Lil Kim / Cee-lo - "Sugar Sugar"
Ying Yang Twins - "Whisper Song"

* East coast rappers
* West coast rappers
* Southern rappers
* Love songs
* Club songs
* Street songs
* Songs driven by the hooks
* Songs driven by good lyrics
* Songs with singing choruses
* Songs with chanted choruses
* Songs with scratched/sampled choruses
* So-called "conscious" songs

On the barbershop/street tip, you have rappers with a lot of buzz on the mixtape/bootleg circuit:
* Beanie Sigel
* Lil Wayne
* Saigon

And even what I've just said is a gross overgeneralization. I see that Talib Kweli video on MTV, BET, VH1 on a daily basis. There's lots of diversity even in different regional markets.

No variety in hip-hop, get the fuck out of here.

50 is successful because he is one of the smartest son of a bitch in the rap game right, if u think about everything he does and how he does them, u'll be almost tempted to call him a Genius. and regardless of what other people say 50 is one of the realest. He came to the rap game with a plan and that's to put it in a "choke-hold"- remeber that line in "in the club"? why did I say 50 is real, cause he didn't keep his plan a secret just the way Pac did, remember when Pac says "I got money making plans"- listen to made niggaz. but anyway 50 came with his debut "get rich or die trying" he didn't come as a lyrical God or something, he came as a gangsta rapper who had lived the gangsta lifestyle before he got signed -hence the hype about him getting shot 9 times! I said 9 times!!! I know u guys would say well big deal, but do yall remember when this board was going crazy when they heard about 50 getting shot 9 times and he survived well the whole world bought into that hype too, so he became very popular, then he brought his boys to eat with him G-unit with reebok= jackpot! now G-unit is everywhere and them members all dropping dope solo joints, and in all their videos u see 50's face, which creates anticipation for 50's own album. Then whole Shyne issue, then the whole "piggy Bank" hot 97 issue, everything was planned by 50 and with Em backing him up, and Dre's beats and acknowlegement, you know Cali would be behind him too which equals sales! 50 is a smart man! I just wish he could improve lyrically because he is one of the best song writers ever.
50 Cent is no where near the best song writer ever! In my opinion, he's a shit songwriter. Put him on a shit label, he wouldnt be nothing. Why does everyone blow up on Aftermath? Well thats obvious. Maybe its because of Eminem and Dre? Me thinks so, end of.

good beats, his history (including getting shot), and his song writing ability. Im talking about his ability to write catchy hooks, specifically. He aint the best lyrically, but to say hes a shit songwriter doesnt make sense to me. Hes got a good ear for writing with the beat, especially his hooks.

good beats, his history (including getting shot), and his song writing ability. Im talking about his ability to write catchy hooks, specifically. He aint the best lyrically, but to say hes a shit songwriter doesnt make sense to me. Hes got a good ear for writing with the beat, especially his hooks.
Well, in MY opinion. I see no talent in 50 Cent. And in MY opinion, he'd just be an average artist if he was on another label. Use Yukmouth for example. Put him on a label like Aftermath, he'd sell like anything! And in MY opinion, Yukmouth would deserve the sales and the hype.

50 Cent is well well well over rated in my opinion. He doesn't deserve any money, let alone millions.

Yukmouth is no where near 50's level when talking about hit songs, I'm talking about Hooks, dope one liners that people can repeat, and he aint got the presence 50 got, I weight 173lbs and I feel like I can whoop Yukmouth's ass with all those phony thug shit dat he be talking about! this nigga feels like he and pac are brothers or something, and in reality Pac and Suge could careless about Yuk :D

Robbo1984 said:
Well, in MY opinion. I see no talent in 50 Cent. And in MY opinion, he'd just be an average artist if he was on another label. Use Yukmouth for example. Put him on a label like Aftermath, he'd sell like anything! And in MY opinion, Yukmouth would deserve the sales and the hype.

50 Cent is well well well over rated in my opinion. He doesn't deserve any money, let alone millions.
thats cool, thats ur opinion and i stated mine. And in my opinion i would not be bumpin yukmouth on aftermath, as i do not care for him now. Whatever though

he's succesful cause:
1-he got taught by a few geniuses how to be
2-he knows what it takes to sell
3-got clothinglines,shoelines,cds,videogames
4-knows how to reach the public
4-knows how to sell bullshit(teh "beef")

the guy knows what it takes to make it in the buisness and he got the best to back him up and take him there so no reason why he wouldnt have been.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.