When rappers get distracted in the middle of a song.

WTF is wrong with rappers forgetting what the song is about? They rap about something for a minute, change the tune, and close up the song. I'll give a perfect example. The Game's song Dreams. Now, you'd think that the song is about The Game having wishes and dreams to make this life better and whatever, but take a look at the second verse:

I had dreams of fuckin' an R'n'B bitch like Mya
When I saw dat ass on a front of that King
Read the article in a magazine
She loved gangsters, loved nasty things
So I'm the glass house havin' nasty dreams!
He starts rapping about women? Oo-kay. That's bizzare. Ya'all will say "That's his dream." So? Its not relevant to the song because at one point he's rapping about Martin Luther King, Left Eye, etc. He's rapping about "real" issues, and then moves on to Mya.

Chronic

A lot of songs are about the lyricism and not the content.

He doesn't rap about "real" issues anywhere in the song though so what are you talking about? He's just talking about things he wants throughout the song and only mentions Aaliyah and MLK in the chorus. It seems he's only mentioning dead people and/or people of political importance to conjure an image of deepness, which apparently worked judging by your post.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
H.E. Pennypacker said:
WTF is wrong with rappers forgetting what the song is about? They rap about something for a minute, change the tune, and close up the song. I'll give a perfect example. The Game's song Dreams. Now, you'd think that the song is about The Game having wishes and dreams to make this life better and whatever, but take a look at the second verse:

He starts rapping about women? Oo-kay. That's bizzare. Ya'all will say "That's his dream." So? Its not relevant to the song because at one point he's rapping about Martin Luther King, Left Eye, etc. He's rapping about "real" issues, and then moves on to Mya.
thats because Game sucks ass

Bank Robber said:
thats because Game sucks ass
Coming from an ICP and Esham fan.
The Game raps about what he dreams about in the song, he dreamed about Mya, that's why the song is called "Dreams". It has nothing to do with "real" issues?

Mase said:
Coming from an ICP and Esham fan.
The Game raps about what he dreams about in the song, he dreamed about Mya, that's why the song is called "Dreams". It has nothing to do with "real" issues?

i like icp as well as plenty of better rap (i kno that icp arent that good, but i like them and they are entertaining)...but back on topic, i dont think game strayed far from topic on his song

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
H.E. Pennypacker said:

Well, it's a thing of content. In other music genres, artists feel like they need to focus on one thing they are singing about. If it's love, it will include content about love. In rap, rappers don't really stick to the content as much, because they focus on lyrical technique and such.

Pac got off topic in his songs a lot to...perfect example: "How Do U Want It" first he's rapping about women..then he starts rapping about things that have completey nothing to do with women and how they want it...especially in the third verse when he starts rapping about C. Delores Tucker and Bill Clinton..very few rappers stick to the same topic through out a whole song

bigCASH said:
Pac got off topic in his songs a lot to...perfect example: "How Do U Want It" first he's rapping about women..then he starts rapping about things that have completey nothing to do with women and how they want it...especially in the third verse when he starts rapping about C. Delores Tucker and Bill Clinton..very few rappers stick to the same topic through out a whole song

:thumb: WORD. THATS TRUE. TOSS IT UP IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE. ONE MINUTE HE WAS RAPPING ABOUT THE BEDROOM AND THEN AFTER THE SINGING HE COMES BACK WITH VERSES DISSING DR.DRE. ITS SORT OF FUNNY THOUGH. ALSO LOOK AT THE SONG "LET'S BE FRIENDS". ONE MINUTE HE'S TALKING TO A GIRL THEN THROWS A CHEAP SHOT AT JAY-Z AND DR.DRE. ITS ALWAYS FUNNY HOW PAC TURNED HIS GIRL TUNES INTO DISS TRACKS. LOL.
BUT BESIDES 2PAC, I THINK EMINEM DOES THAT QUITE OFTEN ALSO.

bigCASH said:
I think its weird.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.