What Was The First Hip Hop Cd U Bought

For Me It Was 1995, I was 7 years old and In 2nd grade. The first cd i bought was Coolio Gangstas Paradise When It first came out, at The Wiz

Bigg Limn

Staff member
First one I remember getting was The Chronic when it came out...but my bro got that. First one I personally bought was Mystikal's "Ghetto Fabulous"

I Dont Remember The First Cd I bought I forgot to mention My father bought me the Coolio cd i was talking about in the begining of the thread

"Mahogany", by Eric B. & Rakim, was actually the first rap song I had ever heard that wasn't a Beastie Boy song (Mtv played Beasties to death when I was growing up), and I remember having my friend, who was old enough to drive at the time, drive me all around town to buy Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em. this was late 1995, and people weren't really coming out in full force to pick up Eric B. & Rakim anymore, so I felt special that I was the only one I knew who had one of their records.

Coincidentally that same day, thanks to that same friend, a good 5 years older than me, I heard my first 2Pac song, "Death Around the Corner".

god damn... if ya'll ain't old enough to have HAD to purchase cassette's or vinyl than you dont know shit about hiphop... seriously..lol

first hiphop cassette i bought was nwa and the posse... way back in the day, but actually i probably had a rundmc cassette before that i just can't remember it.

BizzleDizzle said:
god damn... if ya'll ain't old enough to have HAD to purchase cassette's or vinyl than you dont know shit about hiphop... seriously..lol

age has nothing to do with it. i do not say this to back myself up, because i am only 16 and a hiphop head. i would say the only difference in being older is that you may have been lucky enough to see some of these classic artists live, been around for the hype and been around to watch hiphop emerge, blow up and evolve. just because the new generation is growing up in this g-unit era doesnt mean we cant rediscover the oldschool, study it, and love it.

one love
a

Big Flipp

BizzleDizzle said:

first hiphop cassette i bought was nwa and the posse... way back in the day, but actually i probably had a rundmc cassette before that i just can't remember it.
CD has became the same as album as far as most people are concerned. It is the same as people calling all soda "coke". And your age does not make you any sort of expert on hip hop. I am 24 I turn 25 next month and I know dudes a lot younger who havnt been listening to hip hop for as long as me who know more because they study it more. I am a history major, I focused on American History. I know more about American History than most people twice my age. Are you saying because they are older and lived through more american history they are much more of an expert and I should not be allowed to speak? Think before you speak and try to look cool. btw how old are you?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.