What do you wish for the Future of Hip Hop Music?

i would just like to see the focus go back to the music, not the image...i guess image isn't a good word for it, i don't mind the rappers talkin about who they are, but i can't relate to i got this chain, i have a bentley, my mansion is huge...i guess i just relate to the struggling artist starting off more...so i just want to see a fresh batch of artists comin up

Well i think rap couldn´t be as good as in the early 90´s. For the future there must be real rappers and not these bitches like nitty. Main stream has changed the mentality of hip hop.

Ahmet85 said:
Well i think rap couldn´t be as good as in the early 90´s. For the future there must be real rappers and not these bitches like nitty. Main stream has changed the mentality of hip hop.
haha, shitty nitty. :thumb:

Tonio1986 said:
What do you wish for Hip Hop music or what would you want to change?
Me, I am still waiting for a new groundbreaking Rapper, who really brings the west back, I love the westside, it is implanted in me, maybe one reason is because I make holidays in Cali every Year. I think the west didnt get much attention the last years. Ok Ok The Game I know. I am convinced he did move somethin, but Im talking about a rapper dimension like Ice Cube, Nas, Tupac, Snoop Dogg(92-96) or somebody, who rocks the motherfuckin house. I know thats a bit unrealistic and we get those triumphs of Rap music hardly every 5-7 years, but think about it, the last really big Rappers, which came out were somebody like Eminem in 99` or DMX in 98` if he counts. Or did I miss somebody (please no 50, although he is a Ok rapper)?
Who will be the next rapper with the status of a living legend? The west has to fresh up.
I hope the west will get a leader, who also give a chance for some talented rappers. There should be built a new westside imperium, but not just in a commercial way, thats unavoidable, but it shouldnt be some half hearted shit coming from a trash factory. Haha I know Im takin it too far, but it`s a wish. :D

What do you think?
I hope that rap goes back to oldschool days when rappers made music for love not for money.

In the past there were rappers who made one very good album and then thought no end of themselves. Even this kind of rappers aren´t anymore here. It is really sad.
Maybe The Game will do something for old school but he is subject to Eminem.
I think we have to content with the old school which is already here.

My wish for the future of hip hop music is quite simple. I wish that all the frontin' and bullshit would stop. I wish the game would go back to the way it was circa 90-96. That, IMO, was when rap music was at it's peak. Unstoppalbe. Probably, and definately to me the best and most creative time for hip hop was that time frame of 6 years. Back then, you had all the talented rappers who knew what they were doing on the top of the charts. You had Snoop Doggy Dogg (before he dropped the "Doggy" and went to shit), Dr. Dre, 2pac, Warren G., Nate Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound (one of the most legendary rap duos EVER), Ice Cube, Westside Connection, Biggie (though I despise Biggie now, I didn't back then and even though now I hate him, I'd still rather listen to Biggie than 80% of rappers of today's era), Wu-Tang, Timbo. That was the era when Death Row ruled the rap industry and they did it better than anyone else.

I just want to see an end come to all of these bitch ass rappers who talk about NOTHING OTHER THAN how much bling they got, their new benz, rolling trees, how many different bitches they're fucking, their nice mansions, how deep they are, how you shouldn't fuck with them.

Rappers need to get back to substantial subject matter. Man...I long for the days that rappers with intelligence take the game back. Maybe one day I'll wake up and only intelligent rappers such as 2pac, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Eminem, Westside Connection, Tha Dogg Pound, Snoop Doggy Dogg (notice I DIDN'T say Snoop Dogg...to me, when you put the "Doggy" in, you're referring to pre-sell out Snoop), Wu-Tang, Jermain Dupri, Da Brat, Public Enemy, NWA (erryone but Eazy), Queen Latifah, MC Lyte (I still think she's the best female Emcee ever) and all the other intelligent rappers that helped to control the game or were on top of the game from 1983/4 - 1996.

I would like to see more artist like Common, Mos Def, KRS-One, Immortal Technique, Nas, Pac, and Talib Kweli.

P.S. This is to one mic on dj just because you dont get your way God is evil.

I would like to see more artist like Common, Mos Def, KRS-One, Immortal Technique, Nas, Pac, and Talib Kweli.
That is what I'm talking about. :thumb:

Pac excluded because I already mentioned him, all those artists are artists you can add to my list in my most recent post.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.