What do you wish for the Future of Hip Hop Music?

What do you wish for Hip Hop music or what would you want to change?
Me, I am still waiting for a new groundbreaking Rapper, who really brings the west back, I love the westside, it is implanted in me, maybe one reason is because I make holidays in Cali every Year. I think the west didnt get much attention the last years. Ok Ok The Game I know. I am convinced he did move somethin, but Im talking about a rapper dimension like Ice Cube, Nas, Tupac, Snoop Dogg(92-96) or somebody, who rocks the motherfuckin house. I know thats a bit unrealistic and we get those triumphs of Rap music hardly every 5-7 years, but think about it, the last really big Rappers, which came out were somebody like Eminem in 99` or DMX in 98` if he counts. Or did I miss somebody (please no 50, although he is a Ok rapper)?
Who will be the next rapper with the status of a living legend? The west has to fresh up.
I hope the west will get a leader, who also give a chance for some talented rappers. There should be built a new westside imperium, but not just in a commercial way, thats unavoidable, but it shouldnt be some half hearted shit coming from a trash factory. Haha I know Im takin it too far, but it`s a wish. :D

What do you think?

linx

Staff member
I guess it's just cause I look at the music as a whole and I don't pick one coast over the other really. Just because i'm from a coast doesn't mean i'm gonna fuckin rep it. I prefer to listen to the music as a whole and hear good music from everywhere. That's obviously just me though. Too many people from the West Coast feel like they need to see a bunch of dope West Coast rappers come out of nowhere to "bring back the west". :thumb:

roaches

Rapping-wise: more focus on content, deviation from the KRS/Treach/50 formula
Production-wise: harder drums, something more than kick+snare
Presentation: more B-sides with fresh material

LinX` said:
I guess it's just cause I look at the music as a whole and I don't pick one coast over the other really. Just because i'm from a coast doesn't mean i'm gonna fuckin rep it. I prefer to listen to the music as a whole and hear good music from everywhere. That's obviously just me though. Too many people from the West Coast feel like they need to see a bunch of dope West Coast rappers come out of nowhere to "bring back the west". :thumb:
:D lol c/s but half the ppl here aint from the west

plus t.i is somethin big. trap muzik and urban legend nice albums forreal.

Man I really miss that golden Rawkus records era, the whole Blackstar, and Pharoahe Monch thing. Something that had an impact like this is what I wish would come in the near future.

xxx

I would like to hear more content, and well written songs.

I would like to hear production that doesnt sound like anything else. Try something different. Break the boundaries with music.

I would also like to hear production that consists more of real instruments, rather than computer, keyboard, shit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.