Watch the Throne

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
The more I listen to Watch the Throne, the more I realize that this album is really stadium music. By that, I mean, the intent is for it to be played or performed in front of a very huge electric audience. I was listening to Lift Off and came to this, very obvious realization, I admit. There's nothing really good about the track, you're right. But I'm driving in my car listening to it and thinking "Hey, hearing this song live on December 16th, 2011 will be fucking epic". You know what I mean? Now this might seem obvious to you, but not all rap music is created with the thought that the song will be performed in front of a massive audience.

FroDawgg

^ Well if this one makes the cut, I'd like to hear some of the other mediocre stuff you consider great.
Off the top of my head: Illmatic, Makaveli, Me Against the World, Sam Cooke's Live at the Harlem Square Club, Raphael Saadiq's last two albums, Recovery, and Kanye's last one. There are probably a few others but I can't think of them.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.