VH1 Hip-Hop Honors

roaches

I don't believe it....they didn't even make remixes to songs (like they do today) when Ready To Die came out did they?
Um, yeah they did. The biggest single from Ready to Die was a remix, lmao.

But yeah, Nas is full of shit.

HellRazor05 said:
I was just thinkin about this, seems like a lie to me. Nas's stories just make no sense sometimes. This is the man who said "Kick In The Door" was about him, but then all of a sudden him and BIG were gonna do a remix together? I don't believe it....they didn't even make remixes to songs (like they do today) when Ready To Die came out did they? I like Nas but I can't help but notice the bullshit he says sometimes. All these stories about Pac & Big we never heard while they were alive but 8, 9 years later theres about 20 new pieces of info.

thats Nasir though and he even siads it on We Major: one big contridiction...but yea was pretty bad he messed up Pac's song when he said they had mutal repsect and squashed the beef. but yea BIG DADDY KANE! Y'all must have forgot.....sickest, smoothest lyricist of all time

roaches

Not really a remix though, it would be considered a sample. It's not a remix like how they have "Kiss Your Ass Goodbye" and then the "Kiss Your Ass Goodbye Remix". There weren't mixtapes back in 94-95. Wasn't it Bad Boy that came up with the idea to make remixes to songs? And it was definitely well after Ready To Die.
How is the "One More Chance" remix that blew up a "sample" of the version that appears on Ready to Die? Does the same apply for DJ Premier's remix of "Machine Gun Funk?"

What about all the other classic remixes of the early '90s and late '80s? "Scenario (Remix)?" "Stress (Extra P Remix)?" All of the Illmatic, Enta da Stage remixes? "Shut Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)?" "Flava in Ya Ear (Remix)"? "Nappy Heads (Remix)", "Jingling Baby (Remixed but Still Jingling)?" The fucking "Paid in Full (Seven Minutes of Madness Remix)?" These are hip-hop hits, I'm not even digging in the crates here.

Mixtapes have been around since the '80s. What self-respecting head isn't familiar with Kid Capri, DJ Mister Cee, Doo Wop, and Ron G? LMAO at there not being mixtapes before the mid-90s. DJ Clue got his big break doing a mixtape for Bad Boy in the early '90s. A huge load of Biggie's street buzz came from Mister Cee's Best of Biggie Smalls mixtape.

I'm shaking my head hard here.

HellRazor05 said:
I was just thinkin about this, seems like a lie to me. Nas's stories just make no sense sometimes. This is the man who said "Kick In The Door" was about him, but then all of a sudden him and BIG were gonna do a remix together? I don't believe it....they didn't even make remixes to songs (like they do today) when Ready To Die came out did they? I like Nas but I can't help but notice the bullshit he says sometimes. All these stories about Pac & Big we never heard while they were alive but 8, 9 years later theres about 20 new pieces of info.
sounds legit to me, puff big and nas use to kick it before ready to die dropped, puff even said they were tryna get nas to join bad boy. Plus, if nas was lyin puff was there u dont think puff woulda called him out on it?

linx

Staff member
^ Exactly what I was thinking last year when they had the first VH1. I was thinking "well maybe next year" and nope.

AmerikazMost

Jebus said:
When tha fuck rakim gonna get his?

and whatup with no mention of G RAP??

no marley Marl??

FUck VH1
they can everybody in one or two years

expect all 3 or at least 2 of those guys next year.

but then again, it's VH1, so ya never know.

PDT

BTW, Kane did Warm It Up, Kane, not Wrath Of Kane. And what was up with them sayin' Biggie was the only honoree who couldn't be there? What about Cowboy from Furious Five? They didn't say shit about that. Black Thought fuckin' murdered that shit, that Kane set was awesome, that was crazy when Kane started gettin' down with Scoob and Scrap. That woulda been the shit if Cube woulda done How To Survive In South Central or Boyz-N-The Hood [He wrote it] or have Eiht and Chill do Growin' Up In The Hood, that woulda been fuckin' dope.

Lil Cease sounded like that character from South Park...Timmy! I couldn't understand a word he said, and I was nearly crackin up listenin to his stupid voice. They got Luda, Kanye, Faith Hill, and Lil Cease for his tribute, and Pac just gets Nas? That's pretty weak IMO, they didn't do him any justice last year beyond that intro.

roaches

Your not tellin me something I don't know, you just misunderstood me
My bad. I truly lack reading comprehension, why else would I think "There weren't mixtapes back in 94-95" meant you thought that there weren't mixtapes back in 94-95?

BTW, Kane did Warm It Up, Kane
I knew I fucked one up. I'm doubly mad at myself now becuase of the fucking chorus to that song.

AmerikazMost

The_Destroyer said:
Lil Cease sounded like that character from South Park...Timmy! I couldn't understand a word he said, and I was nearly crackin up listenin to his stupid voice. They got Luda, Kanye, Faith Hill, and Lil Cease for his tribute, and Pac just gets Nas? That's pretty weak IMO, they didn't do him any justice last year beyond that intro.
yeah, b/c luda and cease did biggie any justice

Treach shouldve did Pac, Jigga should've done Big

Hell, Jigga should've done both of 'em.. he knows all their rhymes already anyway.

wathcin it again Big Daddy Killed it damn man I forgot how smooth that muthafucka is. "hip-hop quotables" "broken rewind buttons" "dented bed matresses" HAHAHA

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.