VH1 Hip-Hop Honors

linx

Staff member
^ Yup. It's been on since 9pm EST. It's not that bad of a show so far. I also laughed at Nelly doing LL. And i'm not to thrilled to see whats his name do Big Daddy kane.

roaches

I'm not a fan of Salt N Pepa, but that was pretty good.

Too bad for the Roots, though. Always the backup band, never the honorees.

Edit: It was mostly En Vogue and the Roots.

R&B would be so much better if more acts had bands.

Run and Rush are pointless.

roaches

I'm mad Ice Cube didn't get out there and do "How to Survive in South Central" or something. I would've settled for Eiht.

I'm sure they'll have a tribute to 2Pac or give it for Dre, and that'll be that for the west coast.

^ i thought someone said they did a pac thing last year and thats why big was this year? i read that somewhere on here i think, not sure otherwise

Ya they did pac last year. Mc Hammer read one of pac's poems and nas rapped keep your head up. They are doin notorious next, watch that.

linx

Staff member
- TI did Big Daddy Kane Horrible
- As I expected, Black Thought killed it. Dude is an amazing lyricsist himself so I expected him to kill it.
- Common was dope as well, he even did some breakdancing! :thumb:

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
EAT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING WORDS THAT WAS TIGHT AS SHIT
I meant TI, I just forgot who was gonna do it at the time I typed it. I didn't like it, but the rest of them killed it.

roaches

It was a medley. I believe it was "Smooth Operator", "Set it Off", "Raw", and "Wrath of Kane". I'm mad as fuck at myself for not being sure, but I've smoked too much tonight.

I think T.I. did better than Common. Tip isn't very live, but Common was struggling over those high-BPM beats. His b-boying saved him.

Nothing beat Kane himself, though.

roaches

I'm mad as hell they're doing this over a Kanye beat.

Edit 1: Lil' Cease fucking sucks.

Edit 2: Tonight is really ruining my opinion of Kanye West.

did n e one see last years when nas was rappin "keep your head up" and he was reading the shit off the teleprompter? (the big ass tv screen that has everything he is suppose to say on it) shit i even think i remember them having a couple of answers where u could one, see the reflection off of the ground and secondly, i even believe that i saw the actual teleprompter from another angle. shit i even got the vibe that nas was tripping over his words. but this was probably talked to hell last year.......

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.