Undisputable:

roaches

* Mannie Fresh is one of the greatest groups of all time
* 400 Degreez is part of the canon
* Juvenile made/makes great music
* Lil' Wayne made/makes great music
* B.G. made/makes great music
* Turk sucks, but lines like "When my gun bangs it be singin' like a singer" would probably be put in the online signature of some SOHH loser if a Diplomats member spit them.
* Bloody City, 400 Degreez, Chopper City, Chopper City in the Ghetto, Lights Out, It's All On U, Get it How U Live, Guerilla Warfare, 6th and Baronne, How You Love That... Cash Money's catalog is deep and filled with quality albums. Hell, I'd put Cash Money and Big Boy's catalogs up against plenty of other labels'.

And while I'm on it:
* No Limit Records also has an amazing catalog and their fall off doesn't negate the fact that they ruled the second half of the '90s and did it with QUALITY music. Master P, Fiend, Mac, Mystikal, C-Murder, Young Bleed, Kane and Abel, Mr Serv-On, Mia X... plenty of dope rappers dropped dope records with dope production courtesy of Beats by the Pound.

I can't believe people on this board are still shitting on the South after the Lil' Wayne bandwagon, people like Lok exposing the vibrant underground movements, and the passage of time.

(This post inspired by the fact that in less than eight hours, I will be moving back to New Orleans)

AmerikazMost

I've been a Lil' Wayne fan since before this bandwagon stuff, so I agree with you there. I also enjoy a good deal of Juvenile's and B.G.'s music, though not all of it. Turk does blow, and so does that line.

I don't know if I would describe any of the albums you mentioned as great though. I agree there is a lot of quality stuff there, however.

I was never a fan of No Limit though.

roaches said:
* 400 Degreez is part of the canon
* Juvenile made/makes great music
* Lil' Wayne made/makes great music
* B.G. made/makes great music
* Turk sucks, but lines like "When my gun bangs it be singin' like a singer" would probably be put in the online signature of some SOHH loser if a Diplomats member spit them.
* Bloody City, 400 Degreez, Chopper City, Chopper City in the Ghetto, Lights Out, It's All On U, Get it How U Live, Guerilla Warfare, 6th and Baronne, How You Love That... Cash Money's catalog is deep and filled with quality albums. Hell, I'd put Cash Money and Big Boy's catalogs up against plenty of other labels'.

And while I'm on it:
* No Limit Records also has an amazing catalog and their fall off doesn't negate the fact that they ruled the second half of the '90s and did it with QUALITY music. Master P, Fiend, Mac, Mystikal, C-Murder, Young Bleed, Kane and Abel, Mr Serv-On, Mia X... plenty of dope rappers dropped dope records with dope production courtesy of Beats by the Pound.

I can't believe people on this board are still shitting on the South after the Lil' Wayne bandwagon, people like Lok exposing the vibrant underground movements, and the passage of time.

(This post inspired by the fact that in less than eight hours, I will be moving back to New Orleans)
finally someone agrees on no limit :thumb: i didnt like them b4 i gave it a try, and c-murder is one of my fav rappers of all time.

roaches keep droppin good posts

Lok

*confession* I only heard "Bloody City" 2 weeks ago. I deserve to have my wrists slit. Now if I can only get my hands on his first one.

And I am now officially on the Mannie Fresh bandwagon. I never gave the guy any props.

7 Syns

* If UGK aren't considered the best duo from the south, then atleast mention 8Ball & MJG.

* In my view Lil' Wayne was/and is below average both at rappin' and making albums.

* However Juvenile is a decent rapper and makes good albums.

peace.

roaches said:
Um... Mannie Fresh is just ONE person... a producer, first and foremost. And he's far from being one of the greatest producers, let alone THE greatest.
roaches said:
They most definitely did NOT rule the second half of the 1990s. They were quite successful in 1998 and sold a few million records, which is definitely something to be proud of, but that wasn't enough to say that they ruled anything. And "quality" isn't something I would characterize their music as. Master P was a wannabe Puffy, basically trying to be an entrepreneurial mogul, but he couldn't do it properly. His record label basically fell off, all of his acts either disappeared or went elsewhere, his movies sucked, his clothing line went under, his attempts as a sports agent flopped, etc.
roaches said:
I hope you've got a raft or a motorboat.

ARon

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I hope you've got a raft or a motorboat.
You should apologize for that shit, something, what the fuck are you thinking.

Anyways. I'd agree with No limit running things, Ghetto D, damn I love that album. On a side note, P bought me a bag of cheetos in Richmond once, haha. Fiend There's one in every family, gonna go have to play some old no limit now, TRu and all that. Good music.

I got a question for you. Do you prefer the old sound of Wayne or the new Carter 2 type of sound?

I think Turk tried to really on his "unique" voice and style too much. Juvie outshined everyone at first, I've always liked Wayne though, can't get over how he approaches a track. Good post though.

Aristotle said:
You should apologize for that shit, something, what the fuck are you thinking.
For what? The place just got smashed on by a fucking hurricane, the aftermath isn't something you'd want to deal with. Would you have visited Hiroshima or Nagasaki after the U.S. dropped atomic bombs on them? I wouldn't. But if the guy is going for the purpose of helping out the hurricane victims, then more power to him, I salute him.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
For what? The place just got smashed on by a fucking hurricane, the aftermath isn't something you'd want to deal with. Would you have visited Hiroshima or Nagasaki after the U.S. dropped atomic bombs on them? I wouldn't. But if the guy is going for the purpose of helping out the hurricane victims, then more power to him, I salute him.
No, he actually lives there.

7 Syns said:
* If UGK aren't considered the best duo from the south, then atleast mention 8Ball & MJG.
* In my view Lil' Wayne was/and is below average both at rappin' and making albums.

* However Juvenile is a decent rapper and makes good albums.

peace.

UGK is the best group to come out of the south. And yes i considered all of the others. Outkast, 8ball & MJG, Goodie Mobb, Brother etc.

I agree, i have never liked a lil Wayne album. I really liked "The Block is Hot" when it came out, but i was young and hadn't been exposed to music that makes lil wayne look like a munchkin.

I also agree with u about Juve. Whie some albums are better than others, of course, it is easy to see that Juvenile has genuine talent and raps about a whole assortment of different subjects. Something the Cash Money Millionares know nothing about.

I too was a big fan of the old no limit. I still have a few of the albums too: Ghetto D, Shell Shocked, WWIII, There's One in Every Family, Life After Death, Bossaline, and Street Life. I used to have tons more but i sold them for money. But these cds have very little replay value and become corny after only one listen through. And there is no way even 80% of the songs are listenable.

As I've grown through the years I've drifted away from southern rap because so many same people talk about the same things in the same way.

word...

I still got some no limit albums laying round here somewhere...i still bump some songs off Ghetto D...I still bump that TRU shit N' on a daily basis i listen to Mo.B.Dick - I Just Wanna Get High...that song is the shit...

U.G.K. 8ball n' MJG, OutKast, Getto Boys = the best rap groups, if not THE BEST rap groups of anywhere

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.