Undisputable:

ARon

You're making my dick sore. There are some things you just dont make fun of. A national tragedy being one of them.

As in hop off my dick.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Um... Mannie Fresh is just ONE person... a producer, first and foremost. And he's far from being one of the greatest producers, let alone THE greatest.
not the greatest but hes on his way to be one of them

They most definitely did NOT rule the second half of the 1990s. They were quite successful in 1998 and sold a few million records, which is definitely something to be proud of, but that wasn't enough to say that they ruled anything. And "quality" isn't something I would characterize their music as. Master P was a wannabe Puffy, basically trying to be an entrepreneurial mogul, but he couldn't do it properly. His record label basically fell off, all of his acts either disappeared or went elsewhere, his movies sucked, his clothing line went under, his attempts as a sports agent flopped, etc.
a few million? try 70 million between 95-99 lol

dude is payed regardless if hes a wannabe or not.. smart man he made money off of shit regardless if it flopped or not. he still got his cut

FrOgStRaDaMuS said:
a few million? try 70 million between 95-99 lol
70 million? I doubt that. And is it nationwide or worldwide sales? And what are your OFFICIAL sources? (The No Limit website doesn't count; I'm talking about Billboard or the RIAA.)

Casey

Staff member
No Limit did sell a helluva lot of records, particularly 97-99. I know a whole army of ghetto mufuckas here in Birmingham that copped EVERYTHING No Limit released in the late 90's, a lot of them even have TRU tattoos.

This is what I dug up from www.riaa.com, searching for all releases under both No Limit Records and Priority Records and filtering out album releases:

C-Murder: Life or Death - Platinum
Fiend: There's One in Every Family - Gold
Kane & Abel: Am I My Brother's Keeper? - Gold
Master P: Ice Cream Man - Platinum
Master P: Ghetto D - 2X Platinum
I Got the Hook-Up! (soundtrack) - Platinum
Mia X: Unlady Like - Gold
Mystikal: Unpredictable - Platinum
Mystikal: Ghetto Fabulous - Platinum
Snoop Dogg: Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told - 2X Platinum
TRU: Tru 2 Da Game - Platinum
Down South Hustlers (compilation) - Gold
Mean Green Major Players (compilation) - Gold
Young Bleed: My Balls and My Word - Gold
Lil' Romeo: Lil' Romeo - Gold
Master P: MP Da Last Don - 4X Platinum
Master P: Only God Can Judge Me - Gold
Master P: Ghetto Postage - Gold
C-Murder: Bossalinie - Gold
Silkk the Shocker: Charge It 2 Da Game - Platinum
Silkk the Shocker: Made Man - Platinum
TRU: Da Crime Family - Gold
504 Boyz: Goodfellas - Gold
West Coast Bad Boyz II (compilation) - Gold
I'm Bout It (soundtrack) - Gold
Snoop Dogg: No Limit Top Dogg - Platinum

All of these adds up to 24 million albums up to date, nationwide. It's definitely something to be proud of, but it's still far from the 70 million albums suggested in another post, plus I wouldn't say it constitutes "ruling" over a timespan, although they did sell roughly half of their 24 million albums in 1998, competing for one of the more successful rap labels for that year.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.