Underground Rap....

Preach

Scoobyffc said:
Hell's Winter was so good to me. there's a couple of songs i think are unlistenable, a couple that are nothing more than ok, and a good portion that i think are dope as hell. as a whole i really liked that album and i think that's something you could like.

got g rap giancana's (kool g rap) click of respect compilation? a few hot tracks on there.

brother ali is cool too. not all of his stuff is that good, but he's got some cool stuff. his "champion ep" was pretty cool i think.

necro and people affiliated to him. someone mentioned a few, ill bill and non phixion. non phixion isn't as gory as necro and ill bill when they're rapping as street villains or solo. circle of tyrants is a group with necro, ill bill, goretex, sabac and mr. hyde i think. necro's got a bunch of albums. if nothing else, a lot of them are dope as hell because of necro's beats. he's a nice producer.

royal fam, extended wu tang "family", or a part of the wu-tang killa bees if you prefer. i only have one album called "black castle," but i think at least that one is okay. one track that i like in particular is army brigade. the beat is tight when you're really high :D

i'll list a few more later.

Preach

another one you could check out since you seemed to enjoy jadakiss' once-in-a-while clever line, is chino xl. he got two albums, "here to save you all," and "i told you so."

allright, i've done some listening and i think i might have some more helpful....info...

i listened to immortal technique...revolutionary 1 and 2...and im not really feeling his latin-empowerment raps....as interesting as he is, the whole latin theme kinda throws me off...

i listened to jedi mind tricks...and i just didnt like his stuff..

as for some more info.... def. hardcore gansta music is what im looking for now...immortal technique reminds me alot of dead prez in that they're both social rappers (rapping about society and its flaws, not friendly rappers), and while i felt dead prez a little bit, i def. didnt like immortal..and jedi was just weird....so any hardcore gangsta rap???

and if this tidbit helps...you know how Big L raps?? his flows are continuous?? it seems like he never takes a breath?? take that one song... Da Gravediggaz"?? with jay-z and all those other guys....that's definetly the kinda rap that im into.....

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
tennis_dog said:
allright, i've done some listening and i think i might have some more helpful....info...

i listened to immortal technique...revolutionary 1 and 2...and im not really feeling his latin-empowerment raps....as interesting as he is, the whole latin theme kinda throws me off...

i listened to jedi mind tricks...and i just didnt like his stuff..

as for some more info.... def. hardcore gansta music is what im looking for now...immortal technique reminds me alot of dead prez in that they're both social rappers (rapping about society and its flaws, not friendly rappers), and while i felt dead prez a little bit, i def. didnt like immortal..and jedi was just weird....so any hardcore gangsta rap???

and if this tidbit helps...you know how Big L raps?? his flows are continuous?? it seems like he never takes a breath?? take that one song... Da Gravediggaz"?? with jay-z and all those other guys....that's definetly the kinda rap that im into.....
big pun

linx

Staff member
Why are you being so specific? Just get a list of good rappers/groups from someone and go from there. Whatever you do, don't listen to anyone that gets radio play.

never liked big pun...i heard him too...

and as far as choosing rappers from a list, im assuming i dl from limewire, random songs, right? but what if i choose the bad songs by the artist? yes, im dling multiple songs, but what if i dont like the 5 i get, but the artist has other songs that i do? that's why im being specific...you give me artists and songs according to the genre that i like...

im really getting pissed off now...not with the board, but with music...i gotta fuckin hunt for good stuff now? maybe it's my narrowmindedness, or me sticking just to rap and hip hop, but finding good rock or any other genre...it cant be much easier than finding good rap....

Preach

oh man, dude. first of all, throw limewire in the trash can. then download, install and learn how to use this, which is THE best way to find hiphop. i recommend the "Underground Hiphop" channel ;)

check out these specific songs from these artists:
Cage - Agent Orange
Cage - Good Morning
Cage - Lord Have Mercy
Cage - Hell's Winter

Necro - Them
Necro - Circle of Tyrants (features the whole group, Circle of Tyrants, but was released on a Necro CD i think)
Necro - Dopesick

Non-Phixion - 4 W's
Non-Phixion - Say Goodbye to Yesterday
Non-Phixion - Black Helicopters

mysuggestion is you ceck artist from the following labels and continue from there:

Rhymesayers Entertainment
Definitive Jux
Babygrande Records

(you can google them and check out the artists) and you will probablyfind most of their shit on

www.*********.com

ARon

tennis_dog said:
im really getting pissed off now...not with the board, but with music...i gotta fuckin hunt for good stuff now? maybe it's my narrowmindedness, or me sticking just to rap and hip hop, but finding good rock or any other genre...it cant be much easier than finding good rap....
You're kind of pissing me off too. This isnt something thats supposed to be easy. Stop being a bitch and search and learn and listen for what you like. It's music man, there are thousands of songs daily coming out, jsut pick and choose, you get lucky you dont. You know names so look, its not like this is supposed to be easy. People dedicate their lives to diggin and shit, so yes you ahve to hunt for good shit now. Not everyone is gonna make music that fits your taste so you will have to search for it.

Preach

tennis_dog said:
yeah, i went back in the thread and looked at the artists people gave me.....i got alotta shit on my comp to be just randomly dling albums...
yeah i know what you mean. i have 200 megabytes left on my music harddrive so no more music until i get a new harddrive :D

i listed some individual tracks in my post above. check those individual tracks out before you get the albums and see if you like it. also, i really strongly suggest that you try out soulseek. it's way easier to find rarer hiphop tracks that you don't find on limewire on there.

well, albumbase has me covered....

any one know of any torrents sites for this stuff??

and one last request, does anyone have invitations to a torrent site that has "oink" in it?? it's not oink.com, i think it's a british site, so maybe it's oink.uk or something??? but i heard alot of people talking about...they say the site leaks alotta good stuff...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.