Underground Rap....

well, someone suggested it to me in another thread in this forum, so i was wondering where i could start looking for them??

i use torrents, but im afraid to use limewire...i dunno why...i think that's a definite way to get caught...try and persuade me to believe otherwise...

roaches

A good torrent site is the best way to go. I also use Soulseek, but you have to learn how to finesse it to get good results.

Let's make this thread more SH appropriate. What kind of music are you looking for?

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
tennis_dog said:
well, someone suggested it to me in another thread in this forum, so i was wondering where i could start looking for them??

i use torrents, but im afraid to use limewire...i dunno why...i think that's a definite way to get caught...try and persuade me to believe otherwise...
sup dog?im usin`limewire like 2 yrs and tha fuckin cops cant get me..löl...but uuum...dont use BEar SHARE ...

well roaches, obvioulsy rap, but no dirty south shit.... you mean as in what artists i like?? ah man...i dunno...the d-block kinda thing...nothing thats really new....kool g rap, wu tang....that kinda stuff....the grimy, crime, mobster rap.....

plus, is limewire safe??? any threats now?

jbrolax

frostwire, its an open source version of limewire. Havent experienced any virus/trojan type stuff. And as far as getting caught with pirated music, just dont share anything...

Lok

Underground is a very broad description.

You have your typical "gangsta" albums:Jezreel - The Camp

Graveyard Soldjas - Listen
Graveyard Soldjas - Show No Mercy (If you like the Bone Thugs, you will love this album)

You have your lyrical/"serious" albums:
Us From DirrT - Dirrty Preachin (For Those that heard the Crooked Lettaz album: these are the two cats that were on their "It's Ours" song)

And a 1000 other sub generes. You need to be more specific in what you're looking for. That way people can actually help you.

Da Mobstas - It Was A Sad Day

*No "Dirty South Shit" tracks were used to creat this reply*

^^^ thank you ;)
im dling em now....turns out alott the sites i go to do have underground rap then....if some of these artists are considered underground...they're not all that under ground....

....and i dunno what types i like...im really not all that picky, as long as it isnt crap like three 6 mafia and all that other garbage that comes out on mixtapes today....you know the cliches....the ones all about money and cars and drinks...

Scoobyffc

Zion I
Cunninlynguists, Sean Price, Sage Francis
Blackalicious, BLueprint
Cage
Bishop Lamont
Immortal Technique
i dont know if you already checked Wu Tang meets the Indie Culture

thats on the top of my head, that Im listening right now

ARon

tennis_dog said:
^^^ thank you ;)
im dling em now....turns out alott the sites i go to do have underground rap then....if some of these artists are considered underground...they're not all that under ground....
Underground isn't even that underground. It's more of just a sound.

It kind of annoys me when people say they only listen to underground or they hate mainstream and that typical shit. Its music, underground to mainstream it's still rap. Dont limit yourself to stupid ass boundaries like that. My advice would be to drop the whole underground thing cus that is stupidity. Tell us what you like, Wu-Tang and D-Block is pretty broad, so is no down south shit, I bet there would be south shit you like too, just havent heard it yet. I dont know, just dont limit yourself to stupid shit like underground only type shit.

for me, coming up with a list of any type of favorites is kinda tough...movies, songs, artists...etc...

to be honest with you, and if you look at the past couple of threads i've started in this section, i think i've been listening to rap the wrong way...well..maybe even music as a whole.... my obsession with songs with good beats really caused me to miss out on some really good songs and artists the first time around...

so if i had to come up with a list....i'll start listing..and edit them as i come back....

wu tang is ok...i like a lotta groups...
the lox has really changed, especially since they changed their name to d-block...alotta their styles have changed from their days on bad boy to 2006....the albums are fine, but the mixtapes are really weird and surprise me...the new styles mixtape is really makin me start to hate styles p, who at one point was one of my favorite rappers...so really, the LOX days is what i enjoyed...not the more modern, d-block....

is it ok if i name certain albums of artists? cuz alotta artists change through their careers so.... well, for jay-z, reasonable doubt was good..

for nas, i am, illmatic, and it was written

i gotta say, one of the few mainstream rappers that i am interested in is young jeezy...i think the guy has skills, a little similar to jadakiss...in that they both have those clever lines...what are they called?? play on words is what comes to my mind..

really...im drawing blanks now...mobb deep from their way back when days....before their garbage like blood money....im thinking The Infamous days....that type of rap...

check out some Non Phixion, Ill Bill and Jedi Mind Tricks. They're kinda grimey and definately some of my favorites. If you want something a little less grimey I recommend 2for5 or THETHYRDAY

Big Flipp

go to www.*********.com to download albums. As for suggestions I can only tell you some of what I like. So I will make a little list of some artist I think you should check out. There are many differnt types of "underground" rap, usually when people say underground they are just talking about someone who isnt famous, so no promises you will like any of these.

P.O.S.
Atmosphere
Sage Francis
Spank Rock
Blackalicious
Self Scientific
Murs
Swollen Members
Buck 65
Saul Williams
Pigeon John
Bus Driver
Mad Lib
Deltron 3030
Dr. Octagon
E&A
MC Chris
Party Fun Action Committee
Psalm One

That is a very wide varity, there should be something in there you would like.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.