Touring in the UK??

ARon

Don't know if i should even make a thread but fuck it.
What is with all these rappers neglecting the states and touring in Europe so much. Isn't Snoop even about to do one too. The only tour i can think of in the US is the Anger Management Tour......exactly.
Are they paying rappers more, do they like the loyalty they receive over there compared to here, i mean there has to be some reason. Maybe performing in the US has gotten boring?

Kind of stupid but whatever.

stefanwzyga

Snoop has just been on tour in europe, i saw him 2 weeks ago, an im also going to see the game tonight, nas was here a few months back as well, infact so was 50, and then Lloyd banks came back on his own.
There probally just trying to get more record sales, and it will work! if they do a concert in glasgow or manchester it will create hype in the city, and people will go an see them with there friends, then buy there cd's.

stefanwzyga said:
Snoop has just been on tour in europe, i saw him 2 weeks ago, an im also going to see the game tonight, nas was here a few months back as well, infact so was 50, and then Lloyd banks came back on his own.
There probally just trying to get more record sales, and it will work! if they do a concert in glasgow or manchester it will create hype in the city, and people will go an see them with there friends, then buy there cd's.
lol yep

shit i remember last year ja rule dmx xzibit eminem jada and dipset came down ....

Aristotle said:
Don't know if i should even make a thread but fuck it.
What is with all these rappers neglecting the states and touring in Europe so much. Isn't Snoop even about to do one too. The only tour i can think of in the US is the Anger Management Tour......exactly.
Are they paying rappers more, do they like the loyalty they receive over there compared to here, i mean there has to be some reason. Maybe performing in the US has gotten boring?

Kind of stupid but whatever.

I think thats a stupid statement to make. Snoop and Game just did the How the West Was One tour in the US, then you aren't happy they come to Europe?

They sell their albums worldwide, so why should they only do live shows in the US?

ARon

GernwaX said:
I think thats a stupid statement to make. Snoop and Game just did the How the West Was One tour in the US, then you aren't happy they come to Europe?

They sell their albums worldwide, so why should they only do live shows in the US?
?????
Who said i wasn't happy to see em do shows in Europe....?
As you can see from the post the guy just made many rappers are doing it, and yes it obvious albums are sold worldwide, but i was wanting to know why it seems as if they are neglecting the US. Of course sales are a logical answer but i was hoping to see something else, but ok. And its not like it is something that has been going on forever, it seems as if just recently, past couple years at least that it has become something rappers do, perform in Europe.

Fair enough, but Snoop was a bad example, what with him doing a massive US tour before he came here.

I think it is because hip-hop has only been as big as it is in the last few years here in the UK.

a lot of artists say they prefer touring in europe because they get more love. If u live in the states u can c the big artists when ever, if a rapper comes to the uk its a big thing. nas has only been over 3 times the same with snoop, so its a big thing.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Without upsetting any Americans. A lot of artists prefer to do concerts in European countries over their own country. The reason for this is that Europeans are more grateful to see these rappers.They don't get it as often, and haven't had it for as long as their American counterparts.

Also a lot of rap fans in America believe they are better than the artists and stand at the front eyeballing the artist and throwing water bottles at them. In the UK for example, rap is pretty much shit on the whole. And the best we have to offer is Blazing Squad. So we worship the artist rather than challenge them.

Well that is what I've seen. Or maybe I'm speaking bollocks.

yeh i see where ya comin from, i wouldnt say the UK Scene is crap its just its gotta be ur 'Cup Of Tea'.

yeh i do think that artists where eva thier from always seem to try to "break america" :S?
yeh so i do think that americans do seem to challenge.

although wen snoop came to notts it was abdoned cuz sum fuck threw a bottle at him. so we do challenge the odd few but i think its mainly just a couple of nob-heads

Aristotle said:
?????
Who said i wasn't happy to see em do shows in Europe....?
As you can see from the post the guy just made many rappers are doing it, and yes it obvious albums are sold worldwide, but i was wanting to know why it seems as if they are neglecting the US. Of course sales are a logical answer but i was hoping to see something else, but ok. And its not like it is something that has been going on forever, it seems as if just recently, past couple years at least that it has become something rappers do, perform in Europe.
Public Enemy, the Beastie Boys, the Jungle Brothers......shit has been going on a long ass time.

And something Pittsey alluded to. He said the aritsts prefer the European fans. In a lot of cases this is true. Although I don't think it's for the "we don't challenge them" reason. The Jungle Brothers & other prominent dudes have said it before, the Europeans study Hip Hop. It's not in our lap & as such, we actually put in more work to be part of this movement & so are seen as having a better grasp of what the essence of Hip Hop was.

However, I can accept that a dude like Game isn't going to give a shit about that.

Dave D

Yeah I saw snoop on sunday, it wasnt that good, but I was very happy to see him here. A friend of mine works at the airport and was telling me that when snoops plane landed his bodyguards came out first and had a look around. Then his entourage left the plane. And an hour later Snoop emerges wearing a bright fluffy pink pimp suit with cane and all.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
CalcuoCuchicheo said:
And something Pittsey alluded to. He said the aritsts prefer the European fans. In a lot of cases this is true. Although I don't think it's for the "we don't challenge them" reason. The Jungle Brothers & other prominent dudes have said it before, the Europeans study Hip Hop. It's not in our lap & as such, we actually put in more work to be part of this movement & so are seen as having a better grasp of what the essence of Hip Hop was.

However, I can accept that a dude like Game isn't going to give a shit about that.

That is true also. But I've seen many concerts in the US and the fans don't seem to sing along and actually enjoy the concerts. They are just there to eyeball the artist and start fights. Although I have also seen this on recent Eminem and 50 Cent concerts in the UK.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.