Top 5 Rap Record Sells (yea I Stole It)

Hellrazor1978 said:
AEOM is unofficially the best selling rap album of all time.

This shit went 9x platinum in 98. In 98'!!!! And it has been a top back catalog seller since that time. I think its been on the charts (if u include the time it spent on the Billboard 200 from when it came out, to its back catalog chart life) for well over 450 consecutive weeks......it still sells almost 10,000 copies a week even today.

If it isnt the best selling rap album yet, it will be soon enough.

Another interesting fact: Greatest Hits is almost Diamond, so when that hits the mark, Pac will be the FIRST rap artist ever to have not one, but TWO, diamond award albums. :D
yes and both were double cds. meaning they sold half of whats certified.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
The_Destroyer said:
Don't you know that Pac still sells very consistently to this day? The fact that you admit "I know that Pac hasn't been certified since..." makes this post completely irrelevent, and you a fool for posting it.
lol..and can tel this is a pacboard with this thread

nah tho for real bout that pac rofl all eyez n greatest hits both been stuck at 9 mil for like 8 years. it's because amaru or whoever dont wana pay for the certifications. If sumthin like, until the end of time went like 3 times platinum in a year or year n a half or less then 8 yrs of all eyez on me in all the hittins up of pacz work since..its probly at, like, 18 mil certifiable

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
life after deaths gotta be higher 2...and all u gotta do is think bout that will smith. everybody had a copy

a couple of them 8 mil onez im prty sure is at 9........hammers definitely up at the top with at least one of his albums, i even thought one of them went diamond

tlc's shit at the top 2..they more hip hop than Boyz 2 men

FrOgStRaDaMuS said:
3. Big Willie Style - Will Smith (Columbia) - 9,498,331 (no bullshit)
=====

Now how the FUCK does Will Smith have the 3rd best selling rap record of all time?

I had to look it up because I was in dis-fucking-belief

SMITH, WILL BIG WILLIE STYLE 07/20/00 COLUMBIA M (9) ALBUM SOLO Std
Everybody had/has this record, there were so many hits on it.

Hellrazor1978 said:
it still sells almost 10,000 copies a week even today.
Damn, if that's true, the shit is at like 12 mil or so :eek:

ARon

Hellrazor1978 said:
They were also $25-$30 a pop, signifigantly more expensive then a single cd.
I dont think I've ever paid that much for a double disc album. the first week they are out they sell for like regular price and then go up hardly.

double cd's that come out nowadays are cheaper.......I got Speakerboxxx/Love Below for $17.99

but in the 90's, it was a totally different ball game. Cd's in general were more expensive. AEOM and LAD are still expensive today, almost everywhere I see them at 24.99 or more, with few exceptions.

and 50's 11 million is worldwise....USA its at about 6-7 mill.

Although Life After Death has been certified diamond for a while, I think the RIAA might have made a mistake. The Clean version of Life After Death is just ONE disc (missing a few songs, thus making it cheaper), but the sales still count, but the RIAA might be blindly doubling the numbers for the clean version as well, since the regular version is a double CD. So maybe this helped it hit diamond as easily as it did and surpass All Eyez on Me.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.