Top 5 Rap Record Sells (yea I Stole It)

Freedom Froggy

I HIJACKED THIS FROM RAPMUSIC.COM....

ALL YOU 2PAC EXTREMEIST... POP A COUPLD OF XANEX BEFORE YOU READ THIS

AND I KNOW. PAC AINT BEEN CERTIFIED SINCE LIKE 01

Life After Death is the only Hip-Hop album to go diamond.

1. Life After Death - Notorious B.I.G. (Bad Boy/Arista) - 10,985,327
2. All Eyez on Me - 2 Pac (Death Row/Polygram) - 9,501,248
3. Big Willie Style - Will Smith (Columbia) - 9,498,331 (no bullshit)
4. Greatest Hits - 2 Pac (Interscope) - 9,076,360
5. Cooleyhighharmony - Boyz II Men (Motown) - 9,031,360

8 million

The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem (Interscope)
Country Grammer - Nelly (Universal Records)
The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill (Ruffhouse/Columbia)
The Eminem Show - Eminem (Interscope)
Speakerboxxx/the Love Below - Outkast (Arista)
The Writing's On The Wall - Destiny's Child (Columbia)
Toni Braxton - Toni Braxton (Laface)

=====

Now how the FUCK does Will Smith have the 3rd best selling rap record of all time?

I had to look it up because I was in dis-fucking-belief

SMITH, WILL BIG WILLIE STYLE 07/20/00 COLUMBIA M (9) ALBUM SOLO Std

http://www.riaa.com/gp/database/search_results.asp

AEOM aint been certified since 98', and that has been a more consistent back catalog seller then pretty much any other rap album.....

I got a sheet from a rep at Koch music and it said AEOM was at 5.44 million units sold, and since its a double album, that would put it at 10.88 million.....and this was in 03'!!!! Shits probably passed 11 mill by now easily.

Don't you know that Pac still sells very consistently to this day? The fact that you admit "I know that Pac hasn't been certified since..." makes this post completely irrelevent, and you a fool for posting it.

KO

I'm no blind fan who thinks 2Pac is number 1 for EVERYTHING, however, no fuckin way shape or form anyone tell me All Eyez On Me aint diamond, if that gets re certified it will become the biggest selling rap album ever

AEOM is unofficially the best selling rap album of all time.

This shit went 9x platinum in 98. In 98'!!!! And it has been a top back catalog seller since that time. I think its been on the charts (if u include the time it spent on the Billboard 200 from when it came out, to its back catalog chart life) for well over 450 consecutive weeks......it still sells almost 10,000 copies a week even today.

If it isnt the best selling rap album yet, it will be soon enough.

Another interesting fact: Greatest Hits is almost Diamond, so when that hits the mark, Pac will be the FIRST rap artist ever to have not one, but TWO, diamond award albums. :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.