Too Much Lil Wayne

Over rated.. just like the rest of hip hop.. whats new?

G-Unit
Dipset
Lil Wayne
Paul Wall
Jeezy

.. thats all i seem to be hearing outta mouths of 'rap fans' these days.. while we have cats like

Crooked I
Saigon
Redman
Methodman
Raekwon

struggling to sell records, get any attention, or see release dates (and those are just a few of the mainstream cats.. theres undergound cats overflowing with creativity and talent, that'll never get a minute of radio play)

ARon

^Actually I hear Crooked I's and thems name more than most, in that "needs to drop" category.

And yes sleeping on a giant, he is everywhere, hence the giant part but gets no respect, hence the sleeping part.

The main reason people dont like him is cus they hear him too much?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Music tends to have trends these days... There isn't enough creativity and too much money in rap music now...

Now, the musicians (producers) cross over to other genres as hip-hop is considered "hot". And music execs put little effort into artist development and would rather "buy" a hit by hiring the most popular artist or musician or producer to create a hit.

Hence, last year Mr Scott Storch was everywhere, this year Timbaland is... and we have an occassional change of the most popular rapper (Lil Wayne) and hook singer (Akon).

That's how music goes.

The main reason people don't like him is the same reason I don't like him. He takes hype away from good artists, and gets called "nice" for the simplest verses out there. I feel he doesn't deserve any credit he's getting at this point. He's just a fad, a horrible fad.

Aristotle said:
^Actually I hear Crooked I's and thems name more than most, in that "needs to drop" category.

And yes sleeping on a giant, he is everywhere, hence the giant part but gets no respect, hence the sleeping part.

The main reason people dont like him is cus they hear him too much?
I hear names like crooked i, on this forum alot, but not in general talking to hip hop fans... what about ras kass, what about rakim.. i mean where are all those cats with mad talent?

Anyways no its not that I dont like him cuz I hear him too much, infact I rarely hear him, cuz I dont watch BET, MTV or listen to the radio anymore... I do hear em when sitting in other ppls cars. And I just think he's an over rated emcee. I dont see anything special about him just like the rest of the big nams in rap today. Maybe its just me, but I get pretty selective with who i give props to as an emcee.

The_Destroyer said:
"I'm servin' this track like, Stephen Graph, yeah/
Who is Stephen Graph? Even if this were Steffi Graff like someone said earlier, it wouldn't make any sense. Leaves me saying "Huh?"

Roger Federer, there's no competitors/
Forced rhyme, and an overall weak line. It'd be something if he said "I have no competitors like Roger Federer," but he didn't.

Niggaz know my rhetorhic, bitches know my preference/
Transition line. Ain't sayin nothin.

Young God baby, all them other niggaz reverends/
Decent line. Nothing mind blowing. I think I've heard this shit before actually.

Sittin' in my big house surrounded by my weaponries/
Why is this line in here? It doesn't make sense.

I keep them away like I got Leprosy/
You could say this line with ANY physical ailment. Not too nice.

Chopper right next to me, loaded up with pepper seeds/
Ooo, pepper seeds? Are we going to have dinner, Lil Wayne?

Got an extra clip but that's only for my especiallies/
It's bad when a rapper makes up a damn word to make a line sound nice. As a result, it's retarded.

Yeah, yeah - this is especially for you/
Ahh, the REAL version of the word used in the previous line. The problem with this one is that he USED THAT WORD IN THE PREVIOUS LINE.

Disrespect a nigga game - what kinda referee is you?/"
Been said, been done.
What's Lil Wayne's worth? NONE!

He's basic as hell. I'm tired of muthafuckas claiming they know hip-hop, but they call this cat "nice." He's not "nice." He's not a good lyricist. His albums are garbage. He talks about the same shit every song. I'm tired of this cat, for real.
First off, I don't watch tennis, so the misspelling on dude's name was my fault. And how does it not make sense? Tennis players serve, what's not to get? And homey, this was just a freestyle. So there's no fuckin' reason that u felt u had to play critic and analyze every line.

FYI: Pepper seeds is something the Native Americans used for firepower.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Confucius87 said:
First off, I don't watch tennis, so the misspelling on dude's name was my fault. And how does it not make sense? Tennis players serve, what's not to get? And homey, this was just a freestyle. So there's no fuckin' reason that u felt u had to play critic and analyze every line.

FYI: Pepper seeds is something the Native Americans used for firepower.

Gotta admit it all made sense to me.... Wayne is nice, not amazing, but decent.... He is a little sloppy... But still writes decent rhymes.

He writes a decent line every once in awhile. I'll give him that. Is it enough to make him a top rapper today? Nope. He's only on top because his whole style is one big gimmick. Fans are too stupid to differentiate gimmicks and real shit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^^ Sometimes I just listen to the beat and don't even really hear the lyrics. If that makes me non-hip-hop... Then so be it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.