Too Much Lil Wayne

Has anyone realized nearly everytime a rapper guest stars on a non-rap song it's Lil Wayne? I have, and I'm tired of it. People are hyping him up to be a genius lyricist and one of the best MCs in the game, but I don't see it. His voice makes his verses hard to understand. When you can translate him, his verses stink anyway. Am I alone on this? Can someone please tell me what his appeal is? Did he sell his soul to the devil to be on every CD? I bet recording executives are thinking, "Oh, we're coming out with a CD. Let's put Lil Wayne on the single. He hasn't been on anything lately. That'd be REAL original."

:fury:

ARon

I like Weezy, him bein on songs doesn't annoy me at all. His voice doesn't either, its one of the reasons I like him, along with his flow and swagger on a record. He is pretty clever too. What songs are you talkin about anyway? The only song getting heavy rotation with him on it is that Lloyd song, that I can think of.

He is on a lot of songs lately. I like BG and Juve better but Wayne has been good lately. I dont think he's on any more songs than any other rap artist that gets hot and makes appearances of other people's songs and stuff. But like ever since that first song i heard him guest star on when he was getting big again w/ beyonce or one of then chicks he has been on tons of stuff. it's not that he's on a bunch now but he has been on shitloads of songs one by one since.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Aristotle said:
I like Weezy, him bein on songs doesn't annoy me at all. His voice doesn't either, its one of the reasons I like him, along with his flow and swagger on a record. He is pretty clever too. What songs are you talkin about anyway? The only song getting heavy rotation with him on it is that Lloyd song, that I can think of.
The Chris Brown song too--along with the remix of Make it Rain.

3 songs all on heavy rotation at the same time seems like alot of Weezy.

i agree with sigh...I don't see him as being an artist that will be around like jay-z or ll cool j, so he might as well take advantage of his 15 minutes.

i liked him back in the day when he was in the hot boys but now he sucks. I agree he's everywhere and im sick of seeing and hearing him.

dubk said:
i agree with sigh...I don't see him as being an artist that will be around like jay-z or ll cool j, so he might as well take advantage of his 15 minutes.
Not counting the "Hawaiian Sophie" shit, Jay has been out since '96. Wayne has been out since like '97/'98. It ain't like just got on when Tha Carter dropped.

Anyways, I'm glad Wayne is doin' his thing. I'm not that big on underground music, so mainstream wise, I would say he's one of the best out. When people say that you have the best mixtape two years in a row, that's gotta mean something (Dedication 1 & 2).

I used to hate Wayne's voice, but now I think it gives him character. Besides, IMO when regarding music, it's about what you say, not how you sound when you're saying it.

Quote from Sportscenter, Dedication 2

"I'm servin' this track like, Stephen Graph, yeah/
Roger Federer, there's no competitors/
Niggaz know my rhetorhic, bitches know my preference/
Young God baby, all them other niggaz reverends/
Sittin' in my big house surrounded by my weaponries/
I keep them away like I got Leprosy/
Chopper right next to me, loaded up with pepper seeds/
Got an extra clip but that's only for my especiallies/
Yeah, yeah - this is especially for you/
Disrespect a nigga game - what kinda referee is you?/"

It's Wayne, 4got where I heard it from, but it's on Like Father, Like Son

"Niggaz wonder why I stress that I am the best/
It's because even bobble heads tell me yes.. haha/"

it goes something like that. anyways, Wayne is nice:thumb:

A nice rapper is someone that can kick it acapella without sounding like a fool. I don't think Lil Wayne could be included in such a category. He tries hard as hell to be "nice," but ultimately falls short. In the verse "Confucius87" quoted, he tries hard and has some decent lines. I wouldn't call it "nice" though. Far from justification of why he's appealing in the first place.

I think he has made some great cd's and I like the way he sounds, his flow has come a long way since he first dropped and I think he stepped out of quite a few shadows when he dropped "The Carter" but as with every other rapper, there will be people who like him and dislike him, if you don't like him, change the dial or switch cd's, no one is making you listen to him

masta247

Staff member
Let him shine etc. etc. but his voice is sooo annoying to me that I can't stand it. But he's good in one thing tho. If there's a booring, simple song his appearance makes it noticable. He's like an ambulance siren.

Confucius87 said:
Not counting the "Hawaiian Sophie" shit, Jay has been out since '96. Wayne has been out since like '97/'98. It ain't like just got on when Tha Carter dropped.

Anyways, I'm glad Wayne is doin' his thing. I'm not that big on underground music, so mainstream wise, I would say he's one of the best out. When people say that you have the best mixtape two years in a row, that's gotta mean something (Dedication 1 & 2).

I used to hate Wayne's voice, but now I think it gives him character. Besides, IMO when regarding music, it's about what you say, not how you sound when you're saying it.

Quote from Sportscenter, Dedication 2

It's Wayne, 4got where I heard it from, but it's on Like Father, Like Son

"Niggaz wonder why I stress that I am the best/
It's because even bobble heads tell me yes.. haha/"

it goes something like that. anyways, Wayne is nice:thumb:
That first line - who is Stephen Graph? I've never heard the song but it'd make a hell of a lot more sense if it was Steffi Graf the former tennis star. "Serve" as in tennis...

Who is Stephen Graph? Even if this were Steffi Graff like someone said earlier, it wouldn't make any sense. Leaves me saying "Huh?"

Forced rhyme, and an overall weak line. It'd be something if he said "I have no competitors like Roger Federer," but he didn't.

Transition line. Ain't sayin nothin.

Decent line. Nothing mind blowing. I think I've heard this shit before actually.

Why is this line in here? It doesn't make sense.

You could say this line with ANY physical ailment. Not too nice.

Ooo, pepper seeds? Are we going to have dinner, Lil Wayne?

It's bad when a rapper makes up a damn word to make a line sound nice. As a result, it's retarded.

Ahh, the REAL version of the word used in the previous line. The problem with this one is that he USED THAT WORD IN THE PREVIOUS LINE.

Been said, been done.
What's Lil Wayne's worth? NONE!

He's basic as hell. I'm tired of muthafuckas claiming they know hip-hop, but they call this cat "nice." He's not "nice." He's not a good lyricist. His albums are garbage. He talks about the same shit every song. I'm tired of this cat, for real.

FroDawgg

Aristotle said:
The only song getting heavy rotation with him on it is that Lloyd song, that I can think of.
make it rain
make it rain remix
lloyd song
chris brown song
some robin thicke song

i think he's overrated, too

ARon

He was on the make it rain song, plus dude said thats not rap or whatever. How is anyone gonna complain about make it rain to begin with, Fat Joe isnt that good on it but still pretty tight.

Seriously, it seems as if he falls under one category for most people. The "I hate anything that isnt obscure" category. But whatever, I enjoy listenin to him, to me its like people are sleeping on a giant.

linx

Staff member
I cannot fucking stand that Make It Rain song. Whether it be the original or the remix. I must hear it LITERALLY 20 times a day at work. Fuck Hot 97 and the other stations that play it like that.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.