This new Nas song

ARon

Nas - Queens Get the Money

How incredible. That's not the point of me making this thread though.

I went to show a friend who I find intelligent, he's going to school for sound engineering, is capable of having good conversations yadda yadda an all around bright person. When I give him the link I also accompany this line with it.

“Let us make man in our image, spit it, I’m Huey P. in Louie V at the eulogy throwin molotov’s for Emmitt”

He doesn't understand it, says Nas is too smart for him, it pissed me off. I love that line right there, I heard it once and looped it for a minute or so just letting it soak, dope shit.

Anyway, he's the typical Jay is better than Nas guy. I always thought it was a weak excuse but I guess Nas really does go over head's like that. Anyway I told him to google Emmitt Till look at the pic of his face after his death, gruesome shit, and to read up on him of course. What's even more embarrassing is he didn't know who Huey P. Newton was, so he google'd him too. Now he understands and with that one line right there he says to me. "wow, nas is so much more than I thought." Yup.

I'm just assuming it's Emmitt Till he is talking about. I dont see how it would be anyone else though.

roaches

This is why I don't understand people when they say Nas fell off.
The way he changed up between his first second albums, the Firm album, the quality of the released versions of I Am and Nastradamus, "Oochie Wally", the letdowns of Stillmatic, God's Son, and SD (which are only acknowledged after the fact... when there's a new Nas album to get excited for).

You so smart you're kinda dumb Nas fans haven't even talked about the other obvious reason that line's dope.

FroDawgg

The way he changed up between his first second albums, the Firm album, the quality of the released versions of I Am and Nastradamus, "Oochie Wally", the letdowns of Stillmatic, God's Son, and SD (which are only acknowledged after the fact... when there's a new Nas album to get excited for).

You so smart you're kinda dumb Nas fans haven't even talked about the other obvious reason that line's dope.

i def don't think stillmatic and GS were let-downs; i was praising them after the first time i heard them. i still say that SD would be a great album (it's good now) if it was narrowed down.

ARon

Kind of bored so I thought I'd talk about another line from this song.

"I'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire the same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers."

Did Nas just say he took out Jay-Z with that last part. Blueprint releasing the same day the towers went down, Takeover was on the album. D'evils was on the album but I don't think that has to do with anything really. Ehh, I think it's pretty obvious he is saying he is Ali and he compared the battle to the rumble in the jungle. No point to this, Nas is just fucking ill, that's all.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
“Let us make man in our image, spit it, I’m Huey P. in Louie V at the eulogy throwin molotov’s for Emmitt”
Good example of a line to use to describe Nas' character.

I see it differently though. The line to me shows that Nas doesnt understand half the shit he is saying on anything less than a superficial shallow level and just says shit for the sake of saying it.

Point: Do you REALLY think Huey P. Newton would be wearing Louis Vuitton?

Either Nas has no idea what Huey actually stood for and that makes him a hypocrite, or he just rapped it for the sake of rapping it and that makes him a hypocrite.

Nas just spits rubbish half the time. Ok maybe not rubbish, but in this case he just says it to seem smart and says Louie. V because it rhymes and flows nicely with Huey P.

It's like me rapping something like:

Im on the bridge with Malcolm and John Lennon
Askin' how come the fridge is always full of lemons

Deep right? Im there with those great minds like Malcolm X and John Lenon, black and white coming together. And the fridge represents life, knowledge is food, and lemons are sour, so what I am saying is the knowledge we are being given is sour and hard to swollow. Because Im that deep. Right? BUULLLLSHIT. It's just the first half interesting intellectual sounding shit that popped into mind.

Same with Nas. Heuy P Newton, the co-founder of the Black Panthers, wearing LV? Get the fuck out of here. That is an insult to Heuy.

And the second line you quoted?

"I'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire the same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers."

The hand that punched the devils that brought down the towers? The Bush administration? The US Government? The same people he has dissed on countless other verses? Hypocrite.

Nas lyrics are full of countless inconsistencies, hypocritical statements and inaccurate information.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member

Actually...

Im on the bridge with Malcolm X and John Lennon,
Imaginin' a fridge that wasnt always filled with lemons,
Imagine if the truth and power wasn't sugar coated
And history actually happened the way that we wrote it.

... Is kind of dope... Hmm... Where is my notepad? At least I am not saying Huey P wore Louise Vuitton just cause it rhymes.

Euphanasia

I see it differently though. The line to me shows that Nas doesnt understand half the shit he is saying on anything less than a superficial shallow level and just says shit for the sake of saying it.

Either Nas has no idea what Huey actually stood for and that makes him a hypocrite, or he just rapped it for the sake of rapping it and that makes him a hypocrite.
I don't think that's fair. I think anyone that knows who Huey Newton is, including Nas, knows that he wouldn't be wearing Louis Vuitton wear. That's not what Nas is saying here.

He's saying "I'm Huey P in Louis V"

Nas is comparing himself a little to Huey V, but is talking about standing in Louis V to show that he is wealthy.

It's hard to explain in words but Nas is comparing himself to Huey. Since Nas has a lot of wealth that Huey didn't have, he's saying that he's standing in really nice designer clothes.

Having said that, what the fuck is a molotov?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I don't think that's fair. I think anyone that knows who Huey Newton is, including Nas, knows that he wouldn't be wearing Louis Vuitton wear. That's not what Nas is saying here.

He's saying "I'm Huey P in Louis V"

Nas is comparing himself a little to Huey V, but is talking about standing in Louis V to show that he is wealthy.

It's hard to explain in words but Nas is comparing himself to Huey. Since Nas has a lot of wealth that Huey didn't have, he's saying that he's standing in really nice designer clothes.

Having said that, what the fuck is a molotov?

Right, but even then, he has no right saying he is anything like Huey if he is standing there wearing LV. Regardless, it is obvious he rapped that not to be deep, but because it flows nice. And there is nothing wrong with that, at all, but lets call it what it is.

A molotow cocktail is an explosive made by sticking a piece of material into a liquor bottle, usually vodka, lighting the material and throwing the bottle.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Right, but even then, he has no right saying he is anything like Huey if he is standing there wearing LV. Regardless, it is obvious he rapped that not to be deep, but because it flows nice. And there is nothing wrong with that, at all, but lets call it what it is.
You don't get it, though. He's saying "I'm Huey P in Louis V" as in "I'm the NEW, modernized, Huey P, the commercialized one." He's comparing himself to Huey but at the same time making a distinction to show how he's different. It has nothing to do with whether Huey P would wear LV or not. Absolutely nothing.

It's like when Jigga said "I'm like Che Gueverra with bling on, I'm complex". Jigga wasn't saying that Che wore jewelry, he's saying I'm Che BUT i wear jewelry, hence why Jigga said "I'm complex".

ARon

Good example of a line to use to describe Nas' character.

Nas just spits rubbish half the time. Ok maybe not rubbish, but in this case he just says it to seem smart and says Louie. V because it rhymes and flows nicely with Huey P.

It's like me rapping something like:

Deep right? Im there with those great minds like Malcolm X and John Lenon, black and white coming together. And the fridge represents life, knowledge is food, and lemons are sour, so what I am saying is the knowledge we are being given is sour and hard to swollow. Because Im that deep. Right? BUULLLLSHIT. It's just the first half interesting intellectual sounding shit that popped into mind.

Same with Nas. Heuy P Newton, the co-founder of the Black Panthers, wearing LV? Get the fuck out of here. That is an insult to Heuy.

And the second line you quoted?

The hand that punched the devils that brought down the towers? The Bush administration? The US Government? The same people he has dissed on countless other verses? Hypocrite.

Nas lyrics are full of countless inconsistencies, hypocritical statements and inaccurate information.
What, no not at all. You're like the Ferrari lover being forced to drive a Lambo, seems like you're gonna hate it no matter what. You can say you like Nas all you want but it doesn't seem to be the case. Half your excuse, and I've seen you use it in other threads, is calling him stupid and not as intelligent as he thinks he is? Like really, next time you conversate with him tell him I said Hi, thanks.

SOFI covered your misunderstanding well. I'm just gonna add a little something.
"When I'm in a Ferrari with my shit on, that's a revolutionary act."
He said that in the March 08 issue of XXL. So maybe him being in Louis V means more to him than you think.

Yeah he describes himself as Huey P. in Louis V...., but lets not forget what he says before that, "Let us make man in our image."

As far as the shaky hand one goes, I was just reaching with that to spark up some convo. One question. If you say he says he's the hand taking out the bush administration and the US government, and he has dissed them in countless other verses like he has, how is that being a hypocrite?

I think you give Nas less credit than he deserves.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
What, no not at all. You're like the Ferrari lover being forced to drive a Lambo, seems like you're gonna hate it no matter what.
In this case, I am the man who liked the classic Lambo, but hates the sloppy upgraded "new" version that promises way more than it can deliver.
If you say he says he's the hand taking out the bush administration and the US government, and he has dissed them in countless other verses like he has, how is that being a hypocrite?
He's not saying he is the hand that takes out the US government, I never said that is what he is saying. He is saying he is the hand that punished those that took down the towers right? Who went to war over the towers, the US Government, Bush Admin, that is the hand, the towers are not the Bush Government, he is not saying he took that down.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
You don't get it, though. He's saying "I'm Huey P in Louis V" as in "I'm the NEW, modernized, Huey P, the commercialized one." He's comparing himself to Huey but at the same time making a distinction to show how he's different. It has nothing to do with whether Huey P would wear LV or not. Absolutely nothing.

It's like when Jigga said "I'm like Che Gueverra with bling on, I'm complex". Jigga wasn't saying that Che wore jewelry, he's saying I'm Che BUT i wear jewelry, hence why Jigga said "I'm complex".
I get it. It's like Biggie saying "Im the Black Frank White."

This is different though, he's saying he is like a revolutionary, a man that should by all rights be one of the most influential revolutionaries in his life, but he is wearing LV? If Mr. Newton was such an impact on his life Nas wouldnt wear LV, and if he was seriously connecting the two together I think that is a huge insult to not only Heuy P Newton but also the Black Panthers.

But my point is, Nas isnt saying that in seriousness, he just said it cause it rhymed and flowed well. Which is fine, but lets call it what it is. A cool bar, not something deep and meaningful.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
So you must not listen to Biggie or anyone who was on Bad Boy until, say, September 13, 1996?
I dont listen to Biggie anymore at all and no one else on Bad Boy other than Shyne ever appealed to me.

Anyway why are you making it something its not. I never said I dont listen to Nas so what is your point?

ARon

In this case, I am the man who liked the classic Lambo, but hates the sloppy upgraded "new" version that promises way more than it can deliver.
He's not saying he is the hand that takes out the US government, I never said that is what he is saying. He is saying he is the hand that punished those that took down the towers right? Who went to war over the towers, the US Government, Bush Admin, that is the hand, the towers are not the Bush Government, he is not saying he took that down.
A lot of people believe 9/11 was an inside job as you very well know. So yeah he can be saying he is taking out the current administration. And the whole Louis V thing seems like he meant it to me. Especially when he says a black kid from out the projects having money is revolutionary. I think you are taking the Louis V thing to literal, it means more than just a clothing brand.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.