This new Nas song

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
A lot of people believe 9/11 was an inside job as you very well know. So yeah he can be saying he is taking out the current administration. And the whole Louis V thing seems like he meant it to me. Especially when he says a black kid from out the projects having money is revolutionary. I think you are taking the Louis V thing to literal, it means more than just a clothing brand.
Nas says some random stuff that happens to rhyme nice and people over analyze and try to find deeper meaning than there actually is. It's like Yeshua with his Tupac lyrics.

"A lot of people think this and maybe he meant that or maybe he's saying this and then maybe if you move these letters around in this word and take out that and read this backwards it's really saying this! Genius!"

ARon

You act like I'm grasping for something with people thinking 9/11 was an inside job.

Matter of fact that is one of the greatest things about Nas, he makes you think.

What's funny is you have to dumb yourself down to make Nas look wak.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
You act like I'm grasping for something with people thinking 9/11 was an inside job.

Matter of fact that is one of the greatest things about Nas, he makes you think.

What's funny is you have to dumb yourself down to make Nas look wak.
No.

All I did was say he isnt as deep as people make out, often has mistakes in his lyrics and what he is saying, and sometimes, just like any other rapper, just says shit for the sake of saying it or because it flows well. In other words, Nas is human!

You are making excuses for Nas. He isnt making you think, he's making you make shit up to defend him.

Let's pretend for a second that Nas thinks the US government did set up 9/11.

"I'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire the same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers."

So using your excuse, you're saying Nas is saying "I am the hand that punched the US government?"

Ermm... Who punched the US government? No one. So what is Nas saying? Nothing. You can argue the terrorists punched the US, but you're saying that Nas is saying there were no terrorists but the US government did it themselves. So in that case Nas' lyrics would make even LESS sense.

But no, Nas isnt that stupid. Your interpretation of his lyrics make no sense, and just like Yeshua, you ARE grasping at straws. Nas is not talking about a conspiracy, he's talking about military might, and comparing himself to the same government he critizices in other songs.

TheCat

Nas lyrics are full of countless inconsistencies, hypocritical statements and inaccurate information.
i just want to know after which year or which album of NAS made you feel like this towards his lyrics?

i have to admitt i sit on the fence with nas. i enjoy most of his albums, but never have regarded him as one of the greats .

i do think you came up with a very good arguement and its not the first time you got me questioning nas's lyrics. but is it a problem? is it cheating the listener by giving nas more credit then he deserves?

When Canibus rhymes about historic figures and Philosophy and mathematical equations, most of us believe he is really clever and deep.
but why cant it be the same with NAS?

ARon

No.

All I did was say he isnt as deep as people make out, often has mistakes in his lyrics and what he is saying, and sometimes, just like any other rapper, just says shit for the sake of saying it or because it flows well. In other words, Nas is human!

You are making excuses for Nas. He isnt making you think, he's making you make shit up to defend him.

Let's pretend for a second that Nas thinks the US government did set up 9/11.

"I'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire the same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers."

So using your excuse, you're saying Nas is saying "I am the hand that punched the US government?"

But no, Nas isnt that stupid. Your interpretation of his lyrics make no sense, and just like Yeshua, you ARE grasping at straws. Nas is not talking about a conspiracy, he's talking about military might, and comparing himself to the same government he critizices in other songs.

I almost forgot about this thread. I said earlier I was making shit up out of boredom, so of course I was grasping, that was the idea. I 'm just trying to get people to talk about the album. It's kind of obvious you never knew what he was talking about in the first place. I'm not exactly sure but I think you should go watch the documentary "When We Were Kings", it's about Ali vs. Foreman so you'll probably like it. It holds the shaky hand reference Nas is referring to, or at least I think so.

Ermm... Who punched the US government? No one. So what is Nas saying? Nothing. You can argue the terrorists punched the US, but you're saying that Nas is saying there were no terrorists but the US government did it themselves. So in that case Nas' lyrics would make even LESS sense.
For the sake of the arguement though I'll continue on with the BS. You can say karma, or the American people in general are punching down the Bush regime. So even if you look at it the BS way it still makes sense.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.