This is my thread

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
there will be some talk, but ten years from now, no one will care. hell, by september, no one will care. it will just be known as the first year LBJ got his ring, one out of 3-5 a decade from now :) . there's no asterisk next to kobe's titles even though game 6 of the 2002 western conference finals was fixed.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
there will be some talk, but ten years from now, no one will care. hell, by september, no one will care. it will just be known as the first year LBJ got his ring, one out of 3-5 a decade from now :) . there's no asterisk next to kobe's titles even though game 6 of the 2002 western conference finals was fixed.
Please repeat that Bron's dick was too far down your throat for me to hear you

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I think the funniest thing I ever read on this board was this:

ARon: Didn't you guys notice I was gone for a while?
Bobby Sands: ofc Alan we missed you so much

Something like that.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Watched the Dictator on my computer. Fucking hilarious. My sister actually told me about it before I left for the semester about a month ago; I did not know about it or see the trailers. She wanted to go with my dad to watch it, so I ran it by Rotten Tomatoes to check it out. Saw Sacha was in it and that it was rated "R" and told her not to.

I watched it a week ago and emailed her telling her how good it was and she should watch it, but not with my parents or anyone else. That she should stream it from a site. She went and saw it with my dad anyway. She told me she hadn't seen him laugh so hard before, especially at the part where the fake Aladeen milks the hookers. She also said he liked it because it shat on most Islamic countries and their ideologies.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I remember saying that lol. But I don't get it
Oh yeah, I got it wrong. It makes no sense how I wrote it lol. You said, "Did you guys forget about me?" And he was like, "ofc we didn't forget you Alan" as in, he didn't remember your name. It was hilarious, but I told it like an idiot.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
1992 summer olympics in basketball would have been different had Yugoslavia been allowed to participate. I'm not saying the Dream Team would have been beaten, but I'm saying it probably wouldn't have been a blow out. Shame what politics does.

ARon

1992 summer olympics in basketball would have been different had Yugoslavia been allowed to participate. I'm not saying the Dream Team would have been beaten, but I'm saying it probably wouldn't have been a blow out. Shame what politics does.
Funny you say that. Just the other day I was playing trivial pursuit and found out the Yugo's are the most winning b ball team in Olympic History. Why weren't they allowed?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Because of the war in Bosnia, basically. By 1992, Yugoslavia (originally 6 republics) was down to just Serbia and Montenegro since the others seceded. Because Serbia was seen as the agressor in the war and the country was sanctioned by NATO, it was forbidden from participating in the Olympics. At that point, we had some really good talent. Most of our legends and who ended up having successful careers in Europe were in their prime at the time or close to becoming and that's not even considering Kukoc and Petrovic who we lost because Croatia seceded. Most names I'll throw up will not ring a bell but Dejan Bodiroga, Sasa Djordjevic, Zarko Paspalj, Predrag Danilovic, Vlade Divac, Zeljko Rebraca, Dejan Tomasevic, etc were all dope as fuck in the 90s. Divac rings a bell but yeah lol.

But yeah, I don't think we have the most gold medals, I think USSR does, but we have the most overall. But yeah, if we could combine Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, and Macedonia, we'd be killing Europe every tournament. Spain wouldn't be shit. Hell, just give us a few Croatians and Slovenians lol.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
The documentary was mostly just familiar stuff, but there was one interesting part about Pippen and Jordan gunning for Kukoc in the Croatia game. The Bulls owner had been trying to sign him and was praising him to anyone who'd listen, so MJ and Pippen decided not to let him score. It was pretty funny watching the highlights. They'd guard him like he had the ball, full court, all the time. Kukoc was confused.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wonder how they felt once he was finally signed. They probably developed zero respect for him during the olympics, although they don't talk about the gold medal game when they faced off with him again.

Best part was everything Barkley had to say.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
and I found it hilarious that he said Budweiser was the strongest beer out there. I don't know how much the world has changed since the 90s, but I am almost certain that was not the case even in 1992.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.