This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
My dad (63) has been diagnosed with liver cancer. Doctors have said 12 months, statistically. Im on the other side of the world and while I've had my moments it all feels surreal.

That is some shit. We just went through cancer with my mom. My sister's good friend's father passed away on NY Day from Lung cancer. Less than a month after diagnosis and he it had spread to his bones, too. Had chemo last week and a few days later fell ill at home and passed. Not sure how old he was but around my mom's age, around 60. So that was a bit traumatic for my sister too since her friend leaned on her having gone through a similar, quick decline in the past three months.

My mom's colorectal but also spread to the liver at the time of diagnosis.

If in your dad's case, it's the primary tumor, there's hope with an HAI pump or resection. Even if it's not the primary tumor, they still can prolong his life.

Fuck cancer, though.

The Cancer-Care is big business. Such a big business that a POTUS can say stupid shit like "We're going to cure cancer".

All along the watchtower, people are dumber and tired. Vaccine induced neurological damage?

How long would it take to evacuate 397 American passengers from a burning Airbus? I don't know but are those things made out of paper? 2 pets were lost. RIP.

There's so little snow here this year. I can't believe I'm saying it, I'm starting to miss it.

"We bought it before we knew how horrible he is" bumper stickers on Teslas has got to be a new low for consumerism.

School shooting? Not caring!

Watching Taylor Swift at a Chiefs game is like watching football with my mother.

Now I really want to see the new Chappelle special!

Fuck big pharma, too.

Eminem jokes about playing for the Detroit Lions

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/eminem-begs-detroit-lions-sign-135010294.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

wow, i used to wait in the blistering cold for him for four hours. now he seem a bit misinformed and a little too old. been wack since Encore. 51? he pushing 60s door down, aint scoring no touchdown, aint Brad Johnson. would the real slim shady please sit down, get off the bandwagon. what does Feminem know about face masks and stiff arms? only thing Shady tackle is diss tracks to his bitch moms. switch parts and do Britney and Christopher. at the Chiefs game sniffing placentas til Swift’s gone. his bitch ass in the limo before halftime’s done. grandpa get vaxxed and take your medication before you masturbate again to your plastic Jason masks.

I was going to make a snarky remark about the Lions losing but I really don't care enough about it.

Remember when we kept playing ball with empty seats and cardboard cutout fans, recorded crowd noise etc. Interesting part of 21st century history.

The lovely chef Katie Lee once said; "Ice cubes, a great way to jazz up your drink." She's awesome. The little scene from Castaway with Tom Hanks...

In that tradition, I'd like to add

Oxygen, a great way to jazz up life

and

The sun, a great way to jazz up the planet

continue...

dilla

They have tried to make me get an electric car ar work when I ordered my new company car, got out of it but had to get a hybrid
They're not bad. Just depends what car you were coming from and if it's a downgrade in other aspects.

But I think plug in hybrids are going to be the future. Not sure how it is in the UK but the US roads, outside of cities and big suburbs, don't seem to be well-equipped to handle everyone with an EV as far as charging goes.

That still doesn't stop a lot of the rich folks in my area from jumping on the Tesla bandwagon and getting one or two for their homes.

dilla

The rick folks around here drive Rivians now since Tesla makes some pretty shit cars
I saw Rivians a good bit last year but I don't think I have seen even one since the new year.

Lucid took off around my area last year, too. I like Lucid a lot more compared to other EV brands and I think they are the best looking ones, although they still have that one ridiculously priced model, the Sapphire.

The Gravity looks really nice for an EV SUV, though.

They have tried to make me get an electric car ar work when I ordered my new company car, got out of it but had to get a hybrid
Better choice. EVs are tablets on wheels :D

They don’t work in the cold. Probable issues in the hot. They catch on fire in a flood. Firefighters have a harder time extinguishing. The battery tech still sucks. It’s wasteful and not environmentally friendly. They’re much heavier thus tire wear is ridiculous and existing safety measures like guardrails may not work as well.

Opting out of beta testing. Until gasoline is illegal!!

I think a hybrid is the better choice. You can't get places to charge up here that easily. At least with a hybrid when you run om petrol you can recharge at the same time.

The range is just not enough for me on an electric car, would get stranded on the motorway or something knowing my luck!

I picked an Audi A3 sportsback that is Hybrid.

I also don't see how electric are more friendly to the environment either. My Mum has a Nissan Leaf (she only goes local in her car) she had a minor bump in it and because it was a 2014 plate they wrote it off as the battery would have been more than the car was worth, which they said was £4400.

dilla

I think a hybrid is the better choice. You can't get places to charge up here that easily. At least with a hybrid when you run om petrol you can recharge at the same time.

The range is just not enough for me on an electric car, would get stranded on the motorway or something knowing my luck!

I picked an Audi A3 sportsback that is Hybrid.

I also don't see how electric are more friendly to the environment either. My Mum has a Nissan Leaf (she only goes local in her car) she had a minor bump in it and because it was a 2014 plate they wrote it off as the battery would have been more than the car was worth, which they said was £4400.

Yeah, batteries are expensive. Not sure how much but I have heard that it can be upwards of $10K on larger cars/batteries, like Tesla and Lexus.

They might figure it out in the next 10-15 years, how to more "green" and cheaper in producing and repurposing batteries but I don't know enough about the tech and the process for making them. Until that gets figured out, there will be legit concerns about it.

I thought tech and infrastructure would catch up with the demand for EVs (a few years back) by today, but it doesn't seem that way. Not everywhere, at least. Right now, EVs look a lot more like the E85 FlexFuel craze American makers did back in like 2010 or so. Don't see those around anymore.

A3 is legit. The hatch style looks good on it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.