This is my thread

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
How was the performance? I'll peep it later on YouTube.
Eh. Since he's not promoting an album--not even on a label at the moment--I hoped he'd do an old classic, but alas, being Morrissey, he did a new song. The acoustics sucked, could barely hear him. The band was great as usual. He, um, dresses the band identically. He's the only one who doesn't have to wear the Weird Band Uniform. He's a freak, Casey, but he's my freak.

SOFI: after the performance, Mike Doughty of all people tweeted this: "I don't like Morrissey, but I like that people like Morrissey." Onto the shitlist ya go, MD!

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I was in this whole "I must hate G-Unit" phase for whatever stupid teenage reason so I'm going back and listening to their stuff that I refused to do before.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
I was on that hate train as well, on another note in relation to G-Unit... Straight Outta Cashville is the shit, Young Buck is a hell of a performer on stage as well.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I was on the other side of that fence. I hated Ja Rule and never listened or respected his music. I didn't go back and listen to him, though. I still think he sucks. I do like a few songs and their beats.

I heard "The Reign" first on TRL way back when. I never knew the real lyrics to it until years later because they edited out "murder." So it'd go "I think the rain is calling......." and I'd be like "what the actual fuck is the rain calling?"

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
No, it wasn't G-Unit vs Ja Rule. I sided with G-Unit at the time and I still haven't listened to a full Ja Rule album. But something happened between GRODT and Beg for Mercy that made me stop supporting 50 Cent. This all sounds really lame in retrospect. I just don't remember.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
No, it wasn't G-Unit vs Ja Rule. I sided with G-Unit at the time and I still haven't listened to a full Ja Rule album. But something happened between GRODT and Beg for Mercy that made me stop supporting 50 Cent. This all sounds really lame in retrospect. I just don't remember.
For me, it was after Beg for Mercy that made me think 50's style had changed drastically. And for the worse. I don't remember the name of his next album, but the Candy Shop and Disco Inferno songs totally had me shaking my head.

Da_Funk

Me too. It was a combination of the Game going against him, Loyal to the game being horse shit, and him transitioning from representative of the detached youth to pop star.

I was such a lame teenager.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
"'Cause I will put G's on they fitted like the Negro league
I got connects so I don't need no weed"

"Cause I will put G's on they fitted like the Negro league
I got Kinect so I don't need no Wii"

WHAT. Lloyd Banks is a time traveler. Time traveling for puns. No, wait. It's 2011. Let's make it a hashtag. #bankstimetravelin4puns

Casey

Staff member
I never jumped on the anti-50 bandwagon. I bought "The Massacre" in 2005 when it came out and there was already a sizeable backlash against him by then. However, when "Curtis" came out in 2007 I didn't buy and I haven't bought an album of his since. That was when there was a noticeable drop in the quality, to me.

And I don't support anything with Justin Timberlake on, for the most part since I dislike him intensely and find his weak-ass falsetto irritating. So to me, as soon as I heard that lame-ass "Ayo Technology" song, I wasn't fucking with the album. The following year, the second G-Unit album dropped, "Terminate On Sight" or whatever. I actually quite liked the single "I Like The Way She Do It", but as a whole the album was terrible. So I basically stopped checkin' for what 50 was doing for those reasons.

As for Ja, "Venni Vetti Vecci" is a classic, and I actually think "Rule 3:36" is pretty good overall too. Then the third album came out, and all of a sudden dude thinks he's 'Pac and does that god-awful remake of "Pain". Yeah, you lost me right there Ja, although the album after that had that "Thug Lovin" joint with Bobby Brown, I fucks with Bobby so I dig that cut. And after that? His next two albums had no 7 Aurelius productions on them so I wasn't fucking with them aside from that "New York" joint.

"Pain Is Love 2" is dropping next month and it's the first time I've cared about a Ja album in years. 7 Aurelius is back motherfuckers. I think he's one of the most under-rated producers in the game.

Oh, and Coonie, since you posted "The Reign", I'm gonna post where the sample comes from ("Africa" by Toto) cos it's one of my favorite songs of all time and I listened to it like 10 times in a row the other day. Fuckyeah.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.