This is my thread

Jokerman

The Heat played a good game until the 4th and then lost energy. Lebron needed to post up and score more. If he doesn't get at least 20-25 per game, they will not win. Bosh is not himself and shouldn't take 3-pt shots. Wade & Chalmers are hit and miss. If they are down in the 4th, Lebron has to take over and go to the post. There's no margin for error is this series.

ARon

Yeah everyone is saying LeBron has to be more aggressive, which I think is true. But then everyone says he's more like Magic and not MJ or Kobe so it's makes his teammates look bad when they're missing shots. But then everyone says he makes his teammates better which is contradictory to how these games have been so I don't know. All I do know is that every NBA team knows what the other team is going to do it just comes down to execution, and there is no better team at executing their game than the Spurs. Miami has to be on point all 48 mins to win these games.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Fantasy hockey has totally changed my view on hockey forever. What luck that it was another good year for the Hawks, too?

Have we really seen a match up between two huge cities in any sport in the last decade, or two? Chicago and Boston. Most would've projected that as a World Series matchup for the ages.

I can't wait. And for the second time in four years, I will be out of Chicago when the Hawks (hopefully) win the Cup again. Fuck my life.

Da_Funk

Fantasy hockey has totally changed my view on hockey forever. What luck that it was another good year for the Hawks, too?

Have we really seen a match up between two huge cities in any sport in the last decade, or two? Chicago and Boston. Most would've projected that as a World Series matchup for the ages.

I can't wait. And for the second time in four years, I will be out of Chicago when the Hawks (hopefully) win the Cup again. Fuck my life.
Nah, the Hawks probably have the best team in the NHL at the moment. Them and Boston will be a great cup final, but fuck do I wish it was pitts vs. Chi. I can't fucking stand Boston.

Fun facts: I grew up about 10 minutes from Toews, played hockey with his little brother and against him in a few tournaments. Duncan Keith is my best friends cousin. So yeah, go Chicago.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
So....

My parents have just come back from the USA. They bought me some sweets, while there. They are called "Freedom Sweets" and have the colours of the national flag on them.

Really....!

dilla

So....

My parents have just come back from the USA. They bought me some sweets, while there. They are called "Freedom Sweets" and have the colours of the national flag on them.

Really....!

I have never seen these in normal places we buy candy from, like a grocery store or even a gas station, so I'm guessing they went somewhere rather obscure where they were sold as a novelty sort of thing.

It's certainly nothing like a Kit Kat or Snickers, where you get everywhere. And it's probably not as elegant as Godiva, which have their own stores here in the malls.

dilla

Nah, the Hawks probably have the best team in the NHL at the moment. Them and Boston will be a great cup final, but fuck do I wish it was pitts vs. Chi. I can't fucking stand Boston.

Fun facts: I grew up about 10 minutes from Toews, played hockey with his little brother and against him in a few tournaments. Duncan Keith is my best friends cousin. So yeah, go Chicago.

That's pretty sweet. The thing about this team is that ALL players get the love. All my friends on Facebook are cheering the Hawks on right now and each person has their own favorite player. A girl even changed her last name to "Bickell" on Facebook. Weird, I know. Someone has a team for their adult hockey team named the "Camel Toews." There's the phrase "these bitches love Hossa." Patrick Kane and Sharp get the love on the local sports radio stations. Keith and his ban still got a ton of support. It was nice seeing him and Carter put their thing behind them during the handshake at the end. You could see them kinda stop and talk for five seconds to let each other know shit was behind them. I haven't quite seen that in any sport. Maybe because ESPN is jacking itself off to hockey, despite it being the playoffs, so it didn't get much attention?

The only one that catches shit, and really from just one of my friends in particular, is Corey Crawford. He does always start off a bit shaky, many times giving up the early goal, but he has just been great otherwise this playoffs. Emery was fantastic too during the season, but.... Corey seems to be the Hawks' future.

And a Hawks-Pens Cup would have been amazing as well. That team was stacked. I dunno what happened to them against Boston, but they went out without so much as a whimper. That was real disappointing. I'm more proud of the Kings coming back from a shit start early in the season and at least attempt to defend their cup, but the Penguins really shat the bed.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I have never seen these in normal places we buy candy from, like a grocery store or even a gas station, so I'm guessing they went somewhere rather obscure where they were sold as a novelty sort of thing.

It's certainly nothing like a Kit Kat or Snickers, where you get everywhere. And it's probably not as elegant as Godiva, which have their own stores here in the malls.

It was Florida.

Probably a Southern thing...!

dilla

It was Florida.

Probably a Southern thing...!
I was in Alabama for four years and I never saw that. And Alabama is more "Southern" than Florida.

Florida is a weird place. The weather is great but you've got some real fucked up people there.

dilla

Can someone please provide me with a list of Hindu terrorists, please? Groups would be preferred over random individuals. Someone was trying to tell me Hindus do not have extremists/terrorists, unlike Muslims, Christians, etc.

ARon

Sorry but you have to google for your own arguments like everyone else on the internet. But i know there is like a saffr something, i want to say it's a tactic but i don't know. I dont know

Da_Funk

That's pretty sweet. The thing about this team is that ALL players get the love. All my friends on Facebook are cheering the Hawks on right now and each person has their own favorite player. A girl even changed her last name to "Bickell" on Facebook. Weird, I know. Someone has a team for their adult hockey team named the "Camel Toews." There's the phrase "these bitches love Hossa." Patrick Kane and Sharp get the love on the local sports radio stations. Keith and his ban still got a ton of support. It was nice seeing him and Carter put their thing behind them during the handshake at the end. You could see them kinda stop and talk for five seconds to let each other know shit was behind them. I haven't quite seen that in any sport. Maybe because ESPN is jacking itself off to hockey, despite it being the playoffs, so it didn't get much attention?
That's awesome. I love the fan support. I don't believe that ESPN has a contract with the NHL and because their competitor NBC sports does, they don't cover it at all. Correct? This link sums up why the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best tournament in sports:

http://nhl.si.com/2013/06/05/the-20-reasons-why-the-nhl-playoffs-form-the-best-postseason-in-sports/

The only one that catches shit, and really from just one of my friends in particular, is Corey Crawford. He does always start off a bit shaky, many times giving up the early goal, but he has just been great otherwise this playoffs. Emery was fantastic too during the season, but.... Corey seems to be the Hawks' future.
Crawford and Jimmy Howard (detroit) both never seem to get the respect they deserve and I think it's because the teams infront of them have been so good for so long that their efforts get outshone by the defense/offense.

And a Hawks-Pens Cup would have been amazing as well. That team was stacked. I dunno what happened to them against Boston, but they went out without so much as a whimper. That was real disappointing. I'm more proud of the Kings coming back from a shit start early in the season and at least attempt to defend their cup, but the Penguins really shat the bed.
Not to take away anything from the Kings, but you have to understand they had a full 6 months to recuperate from their Cup run, while every previous team since 94-95 has had only 2-3 months to recover. That is one massive difference.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.