This is my thread

ARon

I saw Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy and they posted pix of every day of their concert except when they were in Cincinnati :c Granted it was a bunch of white kids waiting to see Mac Miller but still. Kendrick wore the same outfit 2 days in a row.
I get to see them soon. I'm excited as fuck. Maybe he didn't sleep? But really not a big deal

keco52

Staff member
I get to see them soon. I'm excited as fuck. Maybe he didn't sleep? But really not a big deal
No, it wasn't. The crowd was kind of lame. I think that's why they didn't post pix of day 2. I've never been to a concert where people actually sit down. I took my sister and she even asked why everyone was sitting. ill try to post the pic later. It looks pitiful -_-

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunit...-possible-by-2045-say-russian-scientists.html

Human immortality could be possible by 2045, say Russian scientists

by Lauren O'Neil Posted: July 31, 2012 6:11 PM Last Updated: July 31, 2012 6:20 PM Read 127comments127

Categories: Community, Science & Technology

A strategic social initiative in Russia is making waves with its cybernetic immortality project.(2045.com)
If Dmitry Itskov's 2045 initiativeplays out as planned, humans will have the option of living forever with the help of machines in only 33 years.

It may sound ridiculous, but the 31-year-old Russian mogul is dead serious about neuroscience, android robotics, and cybernetic immortality.

He has already pulled together a team of leading Russian scientists intent on creating fully functional holographic human avatars that house artificial brains which contain a person's complete consciousness - in other words, a humanoid robot.

Together, they've laid out an ambitious course of action that would see the team transplant a human brain into an artificial body (or 'avatar') in as little as seven years time.

Now, Itskov is asking the world's richest people for help in financing the project.

In exchange, he's offered to coordinate their own personal immortality projects for free.

"I urge you to take note of the vital importance of funding scientific development in the field of cybernetic immortality and the artificial body," he writes in an open letter to members of the Forbes World's Billionaires List.

"Such research has the potential to free you, as well as the majority of all people on our planet, from disease, old age and even death."

Itskov goes on to offer skeptics a meeting with "a team of the world's leading scientists working in this field " to prove the viability of the concept of cybernetic immortality.

And while many are skeptical that such a plan could ever come to fruition, Popular
Science Magazine points that phase one -- creating a robot controlled by a human brain -- is already well within reach.

"DARPA is already working on it via a program called "Avatar" (which, incidentally, is also the name of Itskov's project) through which the Pentagon hopes to create a brain-machine interface that will allow soldiers to control bipedal human surrogate machines remotely with their minds," writes PopSci's Clay Dillow.

"And of course there are all the ongoing medical prosthesis projects that have shown that the human nervous system can interface with prosthetic enhancements, manipulating them via thought. Itskov draws a clear arc from what we have now to the consciousness-containing holograms that he envisions. All we have to do is attack the technological obstacles in between, one at a time, until we get there."

Discovery's Alyssa Danigelis takes an opposing stance to the very idea.

"There's a world of difference between pursuing a brain-controlled exoskeleton to help paraplegics regain control and wanting to essentially upload a human brain into an artificial body," she writes.

"I read a sci-fi novel involving disembodied live brains once. It didn't turn out well"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
OK... So watching The Newsroom just reminds me of the stupid and bigoted things that American Politicians can come out with. American religion and politics seems to be about 100 years behind the UK...! From the postings on this board, everyone seems very liberal and forward thinking. Is that the case with the rest of the American population in the cities? I understand those in the more remote locations may be less so.

ARon

No, it wasn't. The crowd was kind of lame. I think that's why they didn't post pix of day 2. I've never been to a concert where people actually sit down. I took my sister and she even asked why everyone was sitting. ill try to post the pic later. It looks pitiful -_-
What was the venue? How the fuck you gonna sit down at a concert

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
OK... So watching The Newsroom just reminds me of the stupid and bigoted things that American Politicians can come out with. American religion and politics seems to be about 100 years behind the UK...! From the postings on this board, everyone seems very liberal and forward thinking. Is that the case with the rest of the American population in the cities? I understand those in the more remote locations may be less so.
The South has the stereotype of being very Christian; I think it's just more concentrated there, but the suburbs have their fair share of equally zealous religious folks. This includes Christians and Muslims. Mosque here, Church there. I have never had it imposed on me, or attempted to be imposed on me. I'm fine with my views. Everyone has been very respectful about that with me. Others may have different stories.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
American religion and politics seems to be about 100 years behind the UK...! From the postings on this board, everyone seems very liberal and forward thinking.
now its us that's behind times?

without America's forward thinking there wouldnt be this fuckin message board for you to post on

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
now its us that's behind times?

without America's forward thinking there wouldnt be this fuckin message board for you to post on
Dickhead. You were what I was talking about...! Spastics in America.

For your info. The English invented both the computer and the Internet. Americans such as those at google know this. Inbred spastics such as yourself do not.

Thanks for stopping by.

By the way.... I was talking about politics anyway.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Has anyone ever spent $100 on a pillow?

I was looking at Hungarian down pillows. And they are expensive, but you spend a lot of your life in bed. My mum said I am mad. So I didn't buy them....

The duvet is also expensive...!

And then you add in the mattress...!

So.... do you spend money on your bed? Or do you buy whatever? Am I a closet homosexual?

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Has anyone ever spent $100 on a pillow?

I was looking at Hungarian down pillows. And they are expensive, but you spend a lot of your life in bed. My mum said I am mad. So I didn't buy them....

The duvet is also expensive...!

And then you add in the mattress...!

So.... do you spend money on your bed? Or do you buy whatever? Am I a closet homosexual?
Can't say I ever bought a 100$ pillow. That said, I've spent some good money on sheets.... Bamboo sheets are the fucking shit. Hands down most comfortable thing ever.

keco52

Staff member
How insecure in your own masculinity do you have to be that the mere presence of a suspected transgender/ hermaphrodite/whatever the rumor is, could illicit so much hate in you that'd you'd resort to weak attempts at bullying me off of a message forum? Are you afraid I'm going to try to seduce you while you're not looking? There is a block option you can utilize

And you think I come here to get sexual attention from you. It makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

I wasn't even here for months because I was taking care of my dying grandpa. If my stripper post was similar to my other ass grabbing post its because that was the last time I actually went out...4 months ago. It was a conclusion of one of my last posts.

I'm not going anywhere. t-_-t

masta247

Staff member
The most important work in creating the computer and the internet we have today were made by English guys actually. Alan Turing was English, IBM and such companies merely made use of the ideas to monetize on them. The US defense department barely connected a few computers together. The WWW was created by an English guy.

Most of the IT inventions that "started something new" were not made in America and a lot if not most of those made in America were not made by Americans.
People from places all over Europe took the biggest part in inventing most tech that we use today. They often started companies or started working for American companies in America because it was cool back in the days, and those companies now create great working environments for working on new tech.

However those Americans who do cool things aren't the same guys who are targeted by American politicians as potential electorate. It's the case in most countries actually. You want to aim at those who are the easiest to obtain with a few sentences, and if a minority of smarter guys see through or point out how ridiculous it is who cares? It's democracy. It's always easier to aim at the silly and backward people because it's easier too fool them too.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
How insecure in your own masculinity do you have to be that the mere presence of a suspected transgender/ hermaphrodite/whatever the rumor is, could illicit so much hate in you that'd you'd resort to weak attempts at bullying me off of a message forum? Are you afraid I'm going to try to seduce you while you're not looking? There is a block option you can utilize

And you think I come here to get sexual attention from you. It makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

I wasn't even here for months because I was taking care of my dying grandpa. If my stripper post was similar to my other ass grabbing post its because that was the last time I actually went out...4 months ago. It was a conclusion of one of my last posts.

I'm not going anywhere. t-_-t
Bullying?
As a side note, sorry to hear about your grandfather.

(Glad to see you sticking around)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The most important work in creating the computer and the internet we have today were made by English guys actually. Alan Turing was English, IBM and such companies merely made use of the ideas to monetize on them. The US defense department barely connected a few computers together. The WWW was created by an English guy.

Most of the IT inventions that "started something new" were not made in America and a lot if not most of those made in America were not made by Americans.
People from places all over Europe took the biggest part in inventing most tech that we use today. They often started companies or started working for American companies in America because it was cool back in the days, and those companies now create great working environments for working on new tech.

However those Americans who do cool things aren't the same guys who are targeted by American politicians as potential electorate. It's the case in most countries actually. You want to aim at those who are the easiest to obtain with a few sentences, and if a minority of smarter guys see through or point out how ridiculous it is who cares? It's democracy. It's always easier to aim at the silly and backward people because it's easier too fool them too.
Thanks, Masta. Someone who is neutral ie. Not English or American.

Also.... I WAS ON ABOUT FUCKING POLITICIANS. I ALSO WASN'T TALKING TO EDOUBLE. I wanted someone with more than 2 brain cells and a lifetimes experience of Pizza delivery behind him...!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.