The world's first hip-hop museum could be without 2pac, Snoop or NWA

Blackice said:
Even though 2pac is from New York :p
I don't consider 2pac being from new york...
he was raised by the oakland community!

and fuck this bullshit hip flop museum...and fuck nyc that they still stuck in 96!

How can you look at history and understand it if you ignore a part of it.

That is just foolish, like saying lets take out everything we consider 'bad' because it will make someone uncomfortable.

Only someone unwilling to grow will try to change the past, present it as it was, and if you dont like a certain aspect there, then work on evolving that aspect with the moments you do have then when you do, you'll be able to appreciate that which you did not like of the past.

ARon

I dont agree with not including them but you have to look at who they will include before you guys start shedding tears and shit. Any news on that?

Im not gonna lie when I read his statement on anyone can be a thug, that was the god damn truth right there. If its people like Tribe and De La I cant lie I will not complain.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Is Vanilla Ice a gangsta rapper?

Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
Reading for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends

AmerikazMost

KanDeeMan said:
I will say this ONE MORE TIME:

Just because you're born somewhere, doesn't mean you're from that place. 'Pac claimed California. Because Spice 1, The D.O.C, and X-Raided were all born in Texas, does that make them Southern rappers?

No, it's all about where you claimed when you were alive, New Yorkers can try to latch onto 'Pac's legacy now that he's gone, but when he was alive, how much of NY was really fucking with him and supporting him?

Anyway, it's not because it's "gangsta rap", it's because it's West Coast rap, if we ever see West Coast shit in that museum, it'll be a cracked cassette single of Young MC in the back room.
:thumb:

Is Slick Rick a British rapper? ;)

Seriously, y'all need to stop riding the West Coast so much. I agree that it's bullshit that they wouldn't include quality and important acts, but to say things like "without the West there is no hip-hop" is asinine.

Minus Death Row from 1993-1996, the East Coast rules hip-hop (in terms of creating quality music, meaning the South's dominance in the mainstream now doesn't count). Beyond 2Pac, Snoop (who had one great album), N.W.A, Cypress Hill, and Ice-T, who does the west have? Are you really going to compare Crooked I to GZA? Or say that DPG is on the same level as De La Soul? Or tell me Spice-1 is better than Chuck D?

I love a whole lot of West Coast rap, but let's face it.. East > West.

Yang

If they don't include 2Pac in the first museum of hip hop it's a shame, a shame for Hip Hop itself. It's like a rock museum without Elvis.
2Pac, NWA n Snoop r the golden era of hip hop!
Maybe they r not doing a hip hop museum but only a NY hip hop museum...

Yang

AmerikazMost said:
:thumb:

Is Slick Rick a British rapper? ;)

Seriously, y'all need to stop riding the West Coast so much. I agree that it's bullshit that they wouldn't include quality and important acts, but to say things like "without the West there is no hip-hop" is asinine.

Minus Death Row from 1993-1996, the East Coast rules hip-hop (in terms of creating quality music, meaning the South's dominance in the mainstream now doesn't count). Beyond 2Pac, Snoop (who had one great album), N.W.A, Cypress Hill, and Ice-T, who does the west have? Are you really going to compare Crooked I to GZA? Or say that DPG is on the same level as De La Soul? Or tell me Spice-1 is better than Chuck D?

I love a whole lot of West Coast rap, but let's face it.. East > West.
The only thing east coast rap got more than West Coast rap is visibility n promotion. Nothing more!
Crooked I rips gza. DPG rips De La Soul. Chuck D it's greater n more important than Spice 1.
N yes, West Coast got more, got King T, Luniz, Da Lench Mob, Westside Connection, D.O.C., Too Short, Above the Law, 3xKrazy, E-40 (The Click), Xzibit, Lady of Rage, Mac Dre, MC Eight, C-Bo n others dat i dont remember right now.
If they had the same promotion than east coast rappers the West Coast would be nothin' more than W.C.!
W.C ALL DAY!

Westcoast rap lit a fire under tha east as well as gave hip hop exposure and a sound rappers r still bitin 2day. Not 2 mention jay nas 50 and even BIG (top salers and trendstarters) were influenced by a gangsta rapper

AmerikazMost

West Coast rap is also responsible for the watered-down, base rap that has flooded the mainstream today.

Not too claim that West Coast rap was watered down or base (for the most part), but it is the influence. Whether intentional or not, it showed that image can play a major role in record sales, possibly more than talent.

Which is why G-Unit and Young Jeezy sell more records than Little Brother and Jurassic 5.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
AmerikazMost said:
West Coast rap is also responsible for the watered-down, base rap that has flooded the mainstream today.

Not too claim that West Coast rap was watered down or base (for the most part), but it is the influence. Whether intentional or not, it showed that image can play a major role in record sales, possibly more than talent.

Which is why G-Unit and Young Jeezy sell more records than Little Brother and Jurassic 5.

WestCoast isn't to blame. 2pac and Dre are.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.