The Source 5 Mic albums.

Duke

Staff member
Agreed with most of the list, except the last 5. Also missed some albums on there. Source is gay nowadays anyway.

Tupac Tha Great said:
MMLP definately deserved 5 mics imo
i can never understand how people think that Marshall Mathers LP or any other of the later albums are better than Slim Shady LP?!?
Shady was like the only Eminem album with the raw original Eminem..all the others are just taking him step to step towards the clown he became...he was always a clown, but he used to be that in a raw way...

Bobby Sands

i can never understand how people think that Marshall Mathers LP or any other of the later albums are better than Slim Shady LP?!?
Shady was like the only Eminem album with the raw original Eminem..all the others are just taking him step to step towards the clown he became...he was always a clown, but he used to be that in a raw way...
My opinion.I loved MMLP.SSLP is a great album too,but i think MMLP is great from start to finish.

KO

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
That list isn't accurate. Up until 1997 or 1998, there were only eight or nine albums that got five mics. A few years later, The Source went back (for fun) and re-rated albums and changed a lot of album ratings into 5-mics (including Me Against the World and All Eyez on Me). Supposedly they never reviewed Makaveli because the album got shipped to them too late, otherwise I'm almost certain that it would've gotten 5 mics in the beginning.

Nah i think the reason was because The Source never gave Doggystyle 5 mics the FIRST time they reviewed it back in 93 and suge was hella pissed at this and stopped letting them review death row albums...?

Blueprint was an amazing album. I preferred Godson over Stillmatic myself. Never heard the lil Kim album, something dirty in female rappers voices.
College Dropout was a 4.5 for me, very good album.

source was bias as hell back then. niggas ain't care bout anything outside the east back then. and that going back and re-reviewing shit, fake as hell. especially with pac, which i'm sure they did to safe face after he died and "suddenly" was one of the best to the masses.

Bobby Sands

Yea,but albums like Me Against The World and Makaveli:The DK 7 Day Theory do deserve 5 mics.I would say that Strictly 4 My Niggaz deserved to get 5 mics too.I love that album.

Tito

I dont think Makaveli deserves 5 mics. Mediocre album when you listen to it. Me Against The World mos definately deserves it over 7 Day Theory.

Bobby Sands

Originally Posted by HellRazor05
Okay, where the fuck is It's Dark & Hell Is Hot?
Its a good album but i wouldnt think of it as being classic.

I know i listed it already but Muddy Waters-Redman has to be 5 mics.It is fucking brilliant.One of the few albums that i can listen right through without skipping.

_carmi

me, myself & us
HellRazor05 said:
Okay, where the fuck is It's Dark & Hell Is Hot? :mad:
if lil kim's album made it there, it should be there to. still dont understand how lil kim's naked truth made it up there.. ridiculous.

MMLP should be there too.

Bobby Sands

OMG A _carmi post in Streethop.

I dont think Its Dark an Hell Is Hot deserves it.

still dont understand how lil kim's naked truth made it up there.. ridiculous.
I reckon its because she was going to jail around the time it was reviewed and they took pity on the bitch.

Bobby Sands

A few skippable songs and because i rarely if ever listen to it.When i do its usually the same 5 or 6 songs..Its a good album though,i just dont think it is classic.but if your going on the basis that Lil Kim's album got 5 mics then yes it should but then so do a lot of other albums

_carmi

me, myself & us
Tupac Tha Great said:
OMG A _carmi post in Streethop.

I dont think Its Dark an Hell Is Hot deserves it.

I reckon its because she was going to jail around the time it was reviewed and they took pity on the bitch.

yeah it happens from time to time. i joined here first for streethop. then later on started posting in our block.

still.. i guess they were paid somehow to put 5 mics to lil kim's

and yeah why do you think its dark & hell is hot doesnt deserve it?

Diaz

I think the Source were desperate for attention so they quickly threw Lil Kim 5 mics so she could be the first female to get 5 mics and that gets on the news and Source gets attention OMG WHAT A PLAN.

I think "IDAHIH" shoulda got 5 mics... Its one of like maybe 3 albums i have that i can listen to without skippin any songs besides the skits, of course..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.