The President of Hip Hop: Jay Z

2pacnbiggie said:
If im not mistaken, Master P filed chapter 11 cuz his old label (the original no limit) was goin down, then he started his new label "The New No Limit"

Jay Z Is A Failure At Def Jam

I've said this from the very beginning, Jay doesnt know what hes doing. He put out Bleek and the Young gunz who flopped something horrible. Bleek's last album did over 100k in the first week under dame's marketing but as soon as jay gets rid of dame and releases another bleek album with more promotion bleek only sells 60k or so the first week lol. Then his dumbass releases the young gunz a week or so after memphis bleek's nonsellin album. Doesnt sound really smart to me. The only thing that did good since jay took over was mariahs album and he didnt really have much to do with that since shes on island def jam. How do u gear up your first 2 releases on def jam to be from some no name ass milk carton rappers like memphis bleek and young gunz? Next up look for jay z to flop with budden.

Even joe budden agrees with me... http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/060605/?_requestid=28853

Seems like Dame is the real businessman of the 2 , he got beans to do 150k or so the first week and hes probably sold more than young gunz and bleek combined

Joe Camel is a failure over at def jam hes running them into the ground

R.I.P. Def Jam Records

I think Jay needs to take notes from 50 cent and his marketing crew. Jay been tryna sell bleek and beans for years, as soon as 50 comes out he puts out his artists and they are all multiplatinum selling stars.

Jay isnt the president of hip hop, def jam hasnt even been much of a factor in a while. Hes just the president of some rundown label until hes fired (hopefuly sometime soon)

50 Cent's Marketing >>>>>>>> Jay Z's Marketing

oh and by the way...

Interscope Records >>>>> Def Jam Records
never EVER thought id be agreeing wit u on anythin but :thumb:

only disagreement is interscope being better then def jam.
they may be at the moment but def jam has a lot of history too :cool:

TCD

I also think Dame signed Kanye- who is the only one left at the Roc who will sell anywhere near a million.

Def Jam has a very deep roster that will always sell.
LL 100K easy,
Akon is doing well
Luda has just gone double platinum and they have a host of good selling rnb artists.

As for Interscope they are the powerhouse of hip hop although I don't think 50 will even top The Massacre again.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.