The President of Hip Hop: Jay Z

Anyone pick up XXL, Vibe, or whatever that magazine is with Jay Z and his presidential cabinet on the cover? On the cover, its him, Lebron James, Kanye West, and what's her name.

A lot of people hate on Jay Z, but have you seen the picture of him in the Reabok ads? Not only is he looking good, but succesful as well. He now owns several different companies.

I have to give him the props for coming from the project and now ruling Hip Hop. He appears to be more succesful than Dr. Dre, eventhough Dre heads the most succesful label in rap.

Did you know that Jay'z best selling album, Vol. 2, is not touching 50 Cent's GRODT? Doesn't matter, though. Jay Z's the better business man.

So what then is your point? If 50's album makes more money than Jay's - How is Jay the better businessman? God Im still upset at you for taking that dumbass kid on Mtv's Made's back and trying to make people feel bad for shaming him.

PuffnScruff

i picked up the xxl. i thought it was a good read. bleeks interview was pretty good. i'm still not sure what the fuck was up with lebron being on the cover and being interviewed but whatever. the young gunz interview was pretty interesting.

Nothing new Pennypacker. Jay's being doing very well for quite some time. Obviously, he's had his quasi-recent promotion too but still, he's been doing well for almost a decade - more if you believe his tales about his dealing days!

H.E. Pennypacker said:
A lot of people hate on Jay Z, but have you seen the picture of him in the Reabok ads? Not only is he looking good, but succesful as well.
No he is not so pretty. Just cause he is a successful celeb, that doesnt mean shit, his latest music isnt that good.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Jay-Z is a good business man, but Puffy takes the title as the biggest Hip-hop (if you wanna call him that) entrepreneur.

i dont get how jigga is a good businessman........
a good business man wouldntve flopped his first 2 projects....... now if u said dame and biggs were good business men u wouldve been right.

ARon

When it comes to being a business man the music side plays second hand. He has his own clothing line, shoe deal, his own vodka(which isnt that bad), Pres of Def Jam the guy is doing things, and thats all we hear about. Who knows what other projects he has going, like him or not, say his music flops, but when it comes down to it, he is making moves. I would say Puffy is better but they both got to give it to Master P. Go read up on his business ventures if you like to hate.

jay-z tha president.i gotta disagree.and people say a legend?y?ok he put out like 10 albums/but half tha songs on all of em r wack or either stealin lines from biggie pac rakim andbody.oh yea and tha roc is dead.

Aristotle said:
When it comes to being a business man the music side plays second hand. He has his own clothing line, shoe deal, his own vodka(which isnt that bad), Pres of Def Jam the guy is doing things, and thats all we hear about. Who knows what other projects he has going, like him or not, say his music flops, but when it comes down to it, he is making moves. I would say Puffy is better but they both got to give it to Master P. Go read up on his business ventures if you like to hate.
lol at u if his def jam music doesnt sell dont that mean his jobs on the line ? :thumb:

Aristotle said:
Props for mentioning P while everyone sits here and argues about this shit. Jigga's a superstar, no matter what he'd be doing. We'll have to wait and see if he can hack it on his own as an executive, cuz it seems that Dame's the one with the real business sense. And for those that really know, most of Jigga's business ventures have been established by somebody other than him -- for example, it was 100% Steve Stoute's idea and hard work in hooking him up with Reebok.

Jigga does not own a clothing label; Dame Dash does. As far as I know, Dame also owns everything else, including Pro-Keds, America Magazine, Armadale Vodka, all that. So though Jay-Z may be a superstar and an icon, he's not even responsible for the business moves (he's) made.

PuffnScruff

master p filled chapter 11 a few years ago. i dont know if he is that smart of a business man. pdiddy is smart, but he label has gone down the crapper for the past few years, thats why he was trying to sell it. i dont think say should get as much credit cause with out dame and biggs he wouldnt be were he is today. dame is a smart business man.

ARon

sniper said:
lol at u if his def jam music doesnt sell dont that mean his jobs on the line ? :thumb:
BLaaahhh, if you read above my post dude was saying his music sucks now and that. His shit will sell no matter what, i wasnt talking about sales but the quality of music. lol at u......

Aristotle said:
BLaaahhh, if you read above my post dude was saying his music sucks now and that. His shit will sell no matter what, i wasnt talking about sales but the quality of music. lol at u......
ahhh :eek:

PuffnScruff said:
master p filled chapter 11 a few years ago. i dont know if he is that smart of a business man. pdiddy is smart, but he label has gone down the crapper for the past few years, thats why he was trying to sell it. i dont think say should get as much credit cause with out dame and biggs he wouldnt be were he is today. dame is a smart business man.
If im not mistaken, Master P filed chapter 11 cuz his old label (the original no limit) was goin down, then he started his new label "The New No Limit"

Jay Z Is A Failure At Def Jam

I've said this from the very beginning, Jay doesnt know what hes doing. He put out Bleek and the Young gunz who flopped something horrible. Bleek's last album did over 100k in the first week under dame's marketing but as soon as jay gets rid of dame and releases another bleek album with more promotion bleek only sells 60k or so the first week lol. Then his dumbass releases the young gunz a week or so after memphis bleek's nonsellin album. Doesnt sound really smart to me. The only thing that did good since jay took over was mariahs album and he didnt really have much to do with that since shes on island def jam. How do u gear up your first 2 releases on def jam to be from some no name ass milk carton rappers like memphis bleek and young gunz? Next up look for jay z to flop with budden.

Even joe budden agrees with me... http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/060605/?_requestid=28853

Seems like Dame is the real businessman of the 2 , he got beans to do 150k or so the first week and hes probably sold more than young gunz and bleek combined

Joe Camel is a failure over at def jam hes running them into the ground

R.I.P. Def Jam Records

I think Jay needs to take notes from 50 cent and his marketing crew. Jay been tryna sell bleek and beans for years, as soon as 50 comes out he puts out his artists and they are all multiplatinum selling stars.

Jay isnt the president of hip hop, def jam hasnt even been much of a factor in a while. Hes just the president of some rundown label until hes fired (hopefuly sometime soon)

50 Cent's Marketing >>>>>>>> Jay Z's Marketing

oh and by the way...

Interscope Records >>>>> Def Jam Records

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.