The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

ARon

Good pick up for the Lakeshow. Kobe wanted another pesky defender like that, they couldn't get Raja so they get the G Matt Barnes, sick. I bet Kobe is happy with this signing and so is every fan who watches basketball lol. Sucks for Shanon Brown but oh wells. Barnes is a better shooter and defender, he doesn't have Brown's athleticism but I hope it works.

It's funny they got Theo Ratliff too, I was telling my friend about it and we were like man, Theo is so old he was one of the good players on NBA Jam lol

ArtsyGirl

Up with LA down with Miami way way way down! hehe..

By the way when does the season start again?

Timberwolves GM Kahn fined for remarks

Posted Jul 23 2010 7:33PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA fined Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn $50,000 on Friday for his radio remarks about power forward Michael Beasley's past marijuana use.

The league also fined the Timberwolves organization $50,000 for what it called inappropriate comments.

In an interview broadcast Thursday on the Twin Cities ESPN Radio affiliate, Kahn called the recently acquired Beasley "a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana" while he was playing in Miami.

Kahn said Beasley told him he's done with pot.

"I told him I would trust him as long as that was the case," Kahn told KSTP-AM.

The second overall selection in the 2008 draft, the 6-foot-10 Beasley was recently traded by the Heat to the Timberwolves for a pair of second-round draft picks.

Both the Timberwolves and Kahn declined to comment on the fines through a team spokesman.
what the hell? Is the NBA that broke that they have to fine for such minor shit. He wasn't putting down Beasley he was just saying if he stayed on the straight and narrow he'll be ok. Gah!

^season starts late october

Here are the rosters for Saturday’s USA Basketball Showcase, which will be televised on ESPN2 at 10 p.m. ET

Blue: Chauncey Billups, Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, O.J. Mayo, JaVale McGee, Rajon Rondo and Russell Westbrook

White: Tyson Chandler, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Eric Gordon, Danny Granger, Andre Iguodala, Lamar Odom, Derrick Rose and Gerald Wallace.

Snowman

its in the air who the favorites are for 10-11
Nah..not in the air... Lakers are still the favorites as their the 2x champions. the east will be between Boston and Miami. Celtics have the veteran leadership, while Miami has to learn to play together for 82 games. and how their *bargan price 9 man roster* will do. i see the Heat will have problems with one of the big 3. Lebron most likely he'll want the ball more.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Itll be something 2 see if the Celtics can make another run this past season last part playoffs and game 7 was alot

the Lakers wont three peat

Miami will be the team people will watch but I dont think theres enough shots for the team
like Bosh said "i don teven know how that would work"

Lebrons a #2 who wont give up being #1
the bal always stopped with him in Cleveland thats why no winning in the playoffs

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
if i didnt post before i think this decade will become like the 70's with alot of teams building for some legitimate shots
celtics lakers bulls spurs 4 teams of the past 30 years

ArtsyGirl

His attitude is all on the court. If you see him in real life you'd see he's not an a-hole. He just works hard to support the twins and is a pretty nice guy
Yeah I have no real knowledge of the guy other than what I see on the court, and I suppose when he's on a team that isn't the one you support your more likely not to like the guy. I can see how he'd be a positive for LA so it's just lingering feelings lol..

ARon

I'm a big G State fan, as well as a die hard Laker fan, so I'm a fan of Matt Barnes. G State had the squad a bit ago with Davis Jackson Harrington Richardson etc, Barnes was in the mix. Remember when they beat the Mavs in the first round of the playoffs then went up against Utah in the second round and Baron Davis absolutely shitted on Kirilenko.

Oh.My.God. I'll never forget this dunk.

I'm a big G State fan, as well as a die hard Laker fan, so I'm a fan of Matt Barnes. G State had the squad a bit ago with Davis Jackson Harrington Richardson etc, Barnes was in the mix. Remember when they beat the Mavs in the first round of the playoffs then went up against Utah in the second round and Baron Davis absolutely shitted on Kirilenko.

Oh.My.God. I'll never forget this dunk.
that warrior team was awesome. i cant believe they broke that team up.

the most exciting series of all time was the mavs/warriors series.

BEIJING -- Houston Rockets center Yao Ming is considering quitting basketball after next season if he doesn't fully recover from his lingering foot injury.

In comments to Chinese state media Monday, Yao sounded far from optimistic about his future and also made a rare criticism of China's national basketball program.

"If the foot injury does not heal next season, I might choose to call it quits," he said.

Yao turns 30 in September and missed last season following foot surgery. He is set to return to the Rockets after deciding not to opt out of the final year of his five-year contract, which will pay him $17.7 million next season.

Though he has said his recovery was going well, the Rockets have signed 7-foot veteran Brad Miller to share the work at center.

Yao, who was in China for charity events and remains wildly popular in his country, all but ruled out playing in the 2012 London Olympics.

"The chance is very small," the 7-6 center was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency. "The foot injury will not allow me to play so many games anymore. Like I said before, I will quit the national team and the sport one day. It's what happens to every athlete."

Without Yao, the national team has played lackluster ball, including an embarrassing home loss to Iran in the final of the Asian Championship last year. Yao attributed the poor showings to China's focus on the 2008 Beijing Olympics and neglect of development teams and the country's professional league.

"We are paying for what we didn't do leading up to 2008. We skipped the development of a reserve team and the CBA league and focused only on the national team and the Olympics. It's like you are killing the goose that lays the golden egg," he said. "I'm 30. As an athlete, I am not the future of China basketball anymore."
After winning just 15 games in Minnesota last season, Al Jefferson is excited about his recent trade to Utah.

"They have a nice group of guys, but will have a couple more losing seasons," Jefferson said of the Timberwolves.

"Minneapolis is my home away from home. I respect the fans that have supported me through the good and the bad ... but when I told people I played for Minnesota, some people didn't even know they had a team. Everybody knows about Utah. Everyone knows the Utah Jazz.

"I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a

beautiful thing."

The Jazz acquired Jefferson from the Timberwolves for two first-round picks and young center Kostas Koufos.

Utah needed to make a move after losing Carlos Boozer to Chicago in free agency.
lol just took a shit on the twolves. i think if he stays healthy this season, he'll be an all star.

Kobe

I sincerely hope Yao is able to play again. I think the criticism he gets doesn't match what he does on the court when he dominates games. What he does for the Rockets is something that can't be replaced.

Damn Matt Barnes, he's good and all but his attitude ugh. :( for Brown I enjoyed watching him play.
This article sums up what Barnes is to the Lakers. However, read it when your in the mood for basketball Forum Blue And Gold » Lakers Continue To Fill Needs

Honorable mention: That Baron Davis dunk is straight out of a computer game. Never gets old no matter how many times I see that.

Really: Al Jefferson didn't need to make that comment about Toyotas and Bentleys. The whole planet already knows the T-wolves suck. That's probably why David Kahn got hit with that $50k fine. Not for what he said, just for having such a sad franchise. Talking of Jefferson, Yak, I was smiling when I saw his 'bum ass' was back with the Spurs.

EDIT: Lakers are looking to trade Vujacic (more like dump his contract)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.