The most underrated rapper/producer/group

Personally I think Joe Budden has this odd thing going.. where a lot of people underrate him cuz all they know him as is the 'pump it up' kid. Then there's all these people on the internet that start pretending he's the savior of hip hop, and nobody on the planet can outspit the dude. So for me he's one of the most underrated and overrated emcees of all time.

.. Dont get me wrong, Buddens is dope, but dudes pretending he's the GOAT battle rapper and introspective lyricists to ever touch the mic... fuck outta heeerre

UK_Thug

the QN5 record label as a whole is underrated

tonedeff- the all-round most accomplished emcee in the history of hip hop (seriously!). theres nothing he cant do in regards to lyrics, flow, speed, delivery etc.. his production is pretty good too

packfm- insane lyricist and battle emcee

substantial- again, awesome lyricist, and the real deep tone to his voice is different

cunninlynguists- better known than the others, but still underrated after numerous classic albums. Kno is one of the best producers in hip hop

the QN5 record label as a whole is underrated

tonedeff- the all-round most accomplished emcee in the history of hip hop (seriously!). theres nothing he cant do in regards to lyrics, flow, speed, delivery etc.. his production is pretty good too

packfm- insane lyricist and battle emcee

substantial- again, awesome lyricist, and the real deep tone to his voice is different

cunninlynguists- better known than the others, but still underrated after numerous classic albums. Kno is one of the best producers in hip hop
I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree, annd i'm very familiar with each of their catalogs.

Tonedef is good, but how is he 'the most accomplished emcee in the history of hip hop'. Honestly I'm just wondering.. Maybe me and u have veerrrry different definitions of accomplished emcees.

PackFM is completely hit or miss for me.. He's extremely inconsistent imo. He's either good or he sucks really bad. And even when he's good, he's not usually all that great.

Substantial is an interesting emcee I tend to enjoy his music... And I dont think he's underrated more like unknown, to most hip hop fans.

Annnd Cunninlynguists are definitely not underrated, they're one of the most highly regarded underground hip hop groups of all time.

.. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying the guys u mentioned are bad or anything like that.. I just dont think they're underrated.

But thats hiphop for u, everyone's got a different ear and their own opinions and views, and thats what makes it dope

peace

I dont think Budden's in the discussion to be the "greatest" of anything.... I was just pleasantly surprised because yes, I thought of him and "Pump it up" and I hated that song back then and now.....

I will say that he is a breath of fresh air so to speak in this day and age that people that rap like Gucci Mane are now acceptable..... I dont mean to offend anybody if thats the type of rap you like, even the whole Young Money stuff is awful to me but people seem to like it....

Ohh how I miss the 90's....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.