The Game - The Documentary

01. Intro (Produced By Dr. Dre & Che Vicious) 0:32

Very nice intro, very different from what Dre used to show us, talks about the Game (industry) and the lives of richer and poor ppl and the way they play the game, and this guy says he knows how to play the game so he belongs to the rich ppl layer ;)

02. Westside Story (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Scott
Storch
) 3:43

Damn! what a fuckning sound, all ya´ll knew this track because it was leaked, but here u get the final cut, Another Dre´s Classic and with Scott Storch it´s like Gunpowder !!! Very Good and 50 is on the Hook "Game tell´em where u from Nigga Weeeeeesssssiiiiiideee"

Definitelly a Single !!!

03. Dreams (Produced By Kanye West ) 4:46
I Know Kanye´s Power to make a gr8 track but i could never expect he´d do such a classic track, damn this is A Song man !!! Very good, he talks most about death and ppl involved in it like Aaliyah and Left-Eye ... he dedicates this song to Serena Williams´s sister that got shot and killed in Compton last 2003 . Man this is a Classic, i have to have this song in CDS like i need to have all versions this is very good, i need that instrumental shit !!!
Very Good Kanye hands down !!!

Another Single to be put out !!!

04. Hate It Or Love It (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Cool & Dre) 3:26

It begins with 50 rappin some mellow verses according to the melodic sound from the 70´s or something, just like Kanye ^^ track they have like the same sound era 60´s or 70´s . Then comes Game spitting verses about gangbangin´in Compton and again he talks about his White Air Max and if somebody tries to snatch his tennis ... he really loves those tennies he talks about them like 4 times in the whole album . "i´m rap´s MVP" he says ...

05. Higher (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mark Batson) 4:05

Stomp track Bump bump bump bump Tum tum tum Tum . It´s Hyped up this track .

06. How We Do (Feat. 50 Cent) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo ) 3:55

All we know this track, it´s a tight single but compared to the other tracks that´s nothing and when u hear the whole album u´ll give me props

07. Don't Need Your Love (Feat. Faith Evans) (Produced By Havoc )4:26

Mellow track but when Game comes up he switches the vibe (lol) talking about his family, his father left him and so he went to a foster home and shit, then got shot then .... u know how it comes . Faith gets a very good hook "i don´t need your love..." Game says there´s Bloods in NY and he thinks it´s a good thing and that he "need the love they gave" ...

08. Church For Thugs (Produced By Just Blaze ) 4:00

this is a jay-z alike track, i think just blaze slept on this new one, i think the nigga slept on the boards inside the studio ... it has the same jay-z blueprint formula songs (remember Takeover?) with a guy screaming in the Back ?? it´s the same almost ... it´s hype too

09. Put You On The Game (Produced By Timbaland ) 4:14

Now that´s my track !!! Fuck what a sound Timbo made !!! Damn! in this song he begins

rst things first, Aftermath the Chronic is Back,
this is Indo produced by Timbo, Game over nahhh the NWA chain chokin´ ... this is the rebirth for Dre the rebirth for LA the rebirth for hip-hop, another memorial for Makaveli and Big Popp hold up Timb stop! i said this is another memorial for Makaveli and Big Popp !"

The song is thight, definitelly a Club Banger, who knows even a single !!! Timbaland at his best the man is sick on the boards !!!
My Fav track i listen to it like 3 times when i´m playing his album !!!

10. Start From Scratch (Feat. Marsha Of Floetry) (Produced
By Dr. Dre & Scott Storch ) 4:07

Shit ... this track it´s like taken out from a OST from a gangsta movie or something ... good hook from Marsha, looks like the nigga is crying when rappin or something, and as the tracks beggins Game is drinkin´something maybe that´s it, nigga must be loaded :D

11. The Documentary (Produced By Jeff Bhasker) 4:11

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitt !!! Gr8 track, it like spitting verses after vereses, like this nigga really needs to take that shit out of his chest !!!
"what happened to hiphop they got ´Pac and Big shot (...) now every rapper claims he lets his click pop "
if i din´t knew who produced this track i´d say it was Dre, has good kuality :p

12. Runnin' (Feat. Tony Yayo) (Produced By Hi-Tek ) 4:26

Illest rhymes from Yayo, nice beat on the Back !!! Good shit to, nice intro to Yayo´s Album late 2005 ...

13. No More Fun And Games (Produced By Just Blaze ) 2:37

fast track ... a little bit confusing, with alikes from Public Enemy songs ... hyped up track good, reminds me that last song from Joe Buddens with that girl ...

14. We Ain't (Feat. Eminem) (Produced By Eminem ) 4:46

This track is like some "Encore" b-side track ... very Eminem alike track, u could say this is Em´s production in a mile distance !!

15. Where I'm From (Feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced By Focus) 3:08

it´s nate dogg need to say more ?? nice prod. too westcoast alike with scratch and all ...

16. Special (Feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced By Needlz) 3:57

i think they push up these 2 tracks and in the end they realize they didn´t have enough space so they put the 2 together :|
Song for the bitches and hoochie´s ... bonnie and clyde from the west coast ... nice prod too and with Nate Dogg on the Hook it guaranteed ... verses to much Pac alike !!!

17. Don't Worry (Feat. Mary J. Blige) (Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo ) 4:11

i haven´t heard this track for too much time, but it looks aiiiight !!! Mary gves somethin´special to Game sound and for the frst time i see that the nigga clamed down on the mic :|

18. Like Father, Like Son (Feat. Busta Rhymes) (Produced By Buckwild) 5:27

I never heard Busta rappin like on this song, he really doesn´t rap, i think he "sings" i love this end track, very good very introspective, from the title u can see what´s about ;)

Release Notes:

Major producers here, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Justblaze, Kanye West, Hi-Tek,
Scott Storch, Havoc....The West Is Obviously Back.....this is gonna
be a big one!

I Remenber i said on another thread that i would bootleg this album from Game because i hated the nigga because this nigga doesn´t repp G Unit like he should ... but after listening to this album i´m convinced of the value of this nigga, it´s never enough to say if it´s wasn´t for theses type of prod. he would be another nigga from the west to release an album, another nigga who raps ... I´m gonna buy this album when it comes to Portugal, i know that Game is with Snoop on their European tour, i wish those niggas came to Portugal but as always we have shit :((
Still i´m pissed the fuck out about Game ´cause this nigga didn´t put out Banks and Buck on the Album but nigga threw a lot of shout out to them . I hope this nigga put them on a remix song later !!! And that is the next Pac bitter, but ok he´s got an excuse - he´s from the west :D

This Debut album is like 4 Mic´s for me !!!

buy it you won´t regret it !!!

The reviewer is a HUGE aftermath /shady/gunit fan. Thats why in the review everysongs is "GREAT" according to that guys writing that shyt. Games album had very good beats, lyrics r ok... nothing special. This si not a classic just bootlegg it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Gotta say I loved the album, don't hate me. ha ha.

I don't skip a track. Great producers, good lyrics. Great flow from Game.

It's a XL or 4 mic album for me. Not classic, but very good. One of the best albums I've heard for a while.

_carmi

me, myself & us
the albums good in overall. i like mostly all songs. great producers, lyrics are okay, flow is good, but the themes of the songs are repetitive. also he mentions too many times dr dre g-unit 50 cent NWA, etc.

Think_ThuGLiFE said:
The reviewer is a HUGE aftermath /shady/gunit fan. Thats why in the review everysongs is "GREAT" according to that guys writing that shyt. Games album had very good beats, lyrics r ok... nothing special. This si not a classic just bootlegg it.
yeah i´m a big fan of all u said, but from all of them i used t hate Game, and still do, i said it before, that nigga didn´t put up Banks & Buck, he did bite too much ... i also think this is an 8\10 album .
This kid is gonna sell 3 mil easy going to 4 in the end of the year !!!

Watch out for 50´s 2 albums and Dre Detox - this one is gonna sell like 10 mil by the end of 2006 believe me !!! 50 with 2 albums is gonna pass that mark, like 8 mil from the valentine´s album and another 4 from the OST of his film !!!

I'm seriously playing this album non-stop. I like everything about it. It's not saturated in love songs and r'nb rap. It's straight hardcore hip-hop. The pruduction on it this album sucked me in immedietly. The beats are the best I've heard from Shady/After math since 50's G.R.O.D.T. Game's on point and on flow with his rhymes and the subject matter. Even though the repetition of rap icons and rap albums get's a little annoying, this album is definetly in my top of my rap cd's. I'ma even go out and buy it when it comes out.

Good to be back.

I think its a pretty tight album and im not a big fan of G-unit and that crew i heard some people saying good things so i decided to get that shit its tight

gedout said:
I think its a pretty tight album and im not a big fan of G-unit and that crew i heard some people saying good things so i decided to get that shit its tight
man i love ur sign, Suge rullezz :D (not)

Hellrazor05 english is not my first language but u should be ashamed for tellin´me that i don´t write proper englsih when i can understand you and have a conversation with you in Your language when u can´t have with me in My language !!!

i can´t say nigga ?? LOOOOOOOL man u know what u talkin´about ??

in portugal we don´t speak spanish or brazilian so don´t even try ;)

You say Just fell asleep at the boards and it sounds like Takeover ?

well sorry but Kanye produced Takeover and the 2 Just Blaze tracks are among the best produced tracks on the album.

I had only heard one of his tracks before i heard the album and that was "Whole City Behind Us", and i was somewhat impressed. But this album is dope as fuck. I didn't have any expectations at all because i didn't get involved in all the hype surrounding him, but i'm very impressed with this. The production is very on point for the most part. All the usual suspects killed it behind the boards as expected - Just Blaze, Buckwild, Havoc, Kanye, Hi-Tek. Lyrically, The Game can be dope when he's not trying too hard to impress his mentors (see: that wack song with Eminem where he tries to emulate Em's flow).

Fuck all the "west coast savior" bullshit. It's sound is more east coast than anything. In fact, it's sound is more east coast than a lot of today's east coast albums, lol.

One of the best songs on the album is "Hate It Or Love It" featuring 50 Cent and produced by Cool & Dre. 50 kills this beat. I hope his album is as good as this.

Oh and about Game's huge amount of name-referencing - shit's dope. Shut up.

This album = the best G-Unit album yet.

P.S. The beat to "Church For Thugs" is insane.

^ i was just gonna ask, game has been promoted as "bringing it back to the westcoast" and is it a westcoast sounding album because all the shit thats bought out these days sounds the fucking same. how you gonna promote yourself as westcoasts saviour if you dont even rap to a westcoast sound and have people from new york on your song screaming out westside. so that kinda pisses me off because i dont have any good material to bump during the summer months at the moment.

The album is pretty good. Game, he is a fake trick. Tounge ring faggot.. I prefer to listen to rappers who are real.. I generally don't listen to a song because it's good, the person singing it has to be real as a person.

So, do I advise someone to buy it? No.

Havoc is still dope. This is going to be one if not the best produced Albums of 2005. I think any Album is going to sound good with that producing line up, but I was very dissapointed with Church For Thugs, not my style of beat I guess.

I was filled with suprise when I heard Dreams, no matter how much hate Kanye gets, he always comes off dope.

Timbaland did average, but the best production of the Album was Dre and Storch combining to put out Start From Scratch. Higher and How We Do are both crazy to listen to.

I think I am over rating this Album because I was expecting nothing. Either way, what a start to the year.

Best:
Dreams
Higher
How We Do
Dont Need Your Love
Like Father, Like Son (No verse from Busta, which sucked)
Worst:
Church For Thugs
No More Fun And Games
Where I'm From

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.