Talking about album sales

lilc

I don't post here often and that will probably continue to be the case. I do read this board every day though. One thing I came across while reading some threads was the argument of album sales. People say AEOM sold 10 million and MMLP only sold around 9 million. What you forget to remember is that AEOM was a double disc which counted for two sales every time. AEOM really only sold 5 million. Eminem could have put a second disc of complete crap in MMLP, upped the price 3 bucks and "technically" would have sold 18 million.

lilc

Right, but at the time it was certified 10x platinum, it ONLY SOLD 5 MILLION COPIES. They doubled it because it was a double disc.

lilc said:
Right, but at the time it was certified 10x platinum, it ONLY SOLD 5 MILLION COPIES. They doubled it because it was a double disc.
Great of you to point that out but as I've said it's sales are clearly far higher now, thus Pac being far and a way the highest selling rap artist ever.

Zero Cool said:
Great of you to point that out but as I've said it's sales are clearly far higher now, thus Pac being far and a way the highest sellig rap artist ever.
yeah and lol imagine eminem dying today..you know he would break his record...

one mc on dj said:
yeah and lol imagine eminem dying today..you know he would break his record...
That's b/c the majority of rap album consumers are 15 year old white kids who don't know real rap. They think Eminem, 50 Cent, and Young Buck is god.

lilc

hate to rain on your parade, but the same people buying eminem and 50 cent are the same genre of kids that bought pac. You don't sell that many without the majority being white. What are "blacks" listening to now since they aren't buying emenim in your eyes?

It doesnt matter if only 5 million people bought AEOM.....fact of the matter is, its still considered 10 million and will be listed on ANY professional list as selling more than any Eminem album.

AEOM is higher than any Eminem album just for the fact its at Diamond, and Eminem is not. The fact its a double disc is irrelevent. Close thread.

WessideThuggin said:
That's b/c the majority of rap album consumers are 15 year old white kids who don't know real rap. They think Eminem, 50 Cent, and Young Buck is god.
yeah ur point? It's the same 15 year old white kids that come to this board and tell me I have to buy Loyal to the game to support Pac..And tell me he is the greatest/realest rapper ever :rolleyes:

lilc said:
hate to rain on your parade, but the same people buying eminem and 50 cent are the same genre of kids that bought pac. You don't sell that many without the majority being white. What are "blacks" listening to now since they aren't buying emenim in your eyes?
sorry didnt see your post :thumb:

WessideThuggin said:

Man to tell u the truth a lot of ppl r not feeling 50 or g unit anymore.

lilc

fine, pac can have the title of being diamond. He was the greatest so I'll give him that. However, if someone came up to me and said you can have 5 million people buy my disc and be certified diamond or you can have 9 million people buy my disc. i'll take the 9 million.

lilc said:
fine, pac can have the title of being diamond. He was the greatest so I'll give him that. However, if someone came up to me and said you can have 5 million people buy my disc and be certified diamond or you can have 9 million people buy my disc. i'll take the 9 million.
hahahha, whatever.....

I could care less about the sales anyway.

AEOM >>> Eminem's life

And remember, AEOM is a $25+ double cd.....Em's albums are $12-15 almost anywhere. If Eminem made a $25 double cd, the amount of units he'd sell would decrease. Alot of people dont wanna spend that much on a cd, double or not.

Shit, he just put out Encore, a single disc, and its not selling nearly as much as his last two albums did.

blkice said:
times have changed too... rap is 10 times more popular now than it was back then..^
Indeed.

If Eminem came out in 96', he wouldnt have sold anywhere close to what he is selling today.

In the 90's, you actually had to have something called "talent" just to even get signed to a label, much less put out a classic record that sells. Nowadays, the label's will sign ANYONE and will put out almost anything, no matter how crappy it is. And I hate it with a passion. Bring the 90's back!!

I dont think AEOM has sold many more copies in the 7 years since it was 10X.

Also, when was Eminem's album certified 9X, it is more likely to have had better after sales than AEOM, so maybe it has gone diamond now?

GernwaX said:
I dont think AEOM has sold many more copies in the 7 years since it was 10X.

Also, when was Eminem's album certified 9X, it is more likely to have had better after sales than AEOM, so maybe it has gone diamond now?
i heard it was still sellin like 5,000 weekly still.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.